SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

I've been playing on hardcore, well-populated servers at different times, and I still haven't encountered a single zombie. Did I miss something about zombies being gone? Read through this whole post, and it seems other people have seen them plenty. Thanks!

They seem to be sporadic. I made it the whole way across the southern coast last night and never saw a single zombie, but as soon as I made my way inland to Msta, Staroye, etc. I became mobbed with them.

Has anyone seen a pen since 0.53? I realise it might not be top of everyone's priority list but can't find one for love nor money and it's kinda having an adverse effect on our bounty hunter event which require me to have a codeword on a note.

Indeed I've seen many of them. That said, I've put in 10+ hours on 0.53 Stable already and haven't found a single box of matches  :| My theory is that if you're looking for it, you'll never find it... so stop looking for it, and maybe it will appear in front of you  :P

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

Indeed I've seen many of them. That said, I've put in 10+ hours on 0.53 Stable already and haven't found a single box of matches  :| My theory is that if you're looking for it, you'll never find it... so stop looking for it, and maybe it will appear in front of you  :P

To be fair that's been an integral part of DayZ's code since the mod days, I'm convinced there's a DontSpawnItemSearchedFor() function in there somewhere.

Also a complimentary NowTheyDontNeedItSpawnItEverywhere() function  :D

• Like 7

To be fair that's been an integral part of DayZ's code since the mod days, I'm convinced there's a DontSpawnItemSearchedFor() function in there somewhere.

Also a complimentary NowTheyDontNeedItSpawnItEverywhere() function  :D

LMAO .... Best comment Ive read in a while!!!!

I wanted to add that I played on thursday night till the wee hours of the morning finding trucks everywhere it seemed(not griping hell its better than running everywhere) But I didnt find one single Heli crash.. And that was me driving the normal popular route..... other than that.

Had zombies glitching through walls..

Couldn't hear zombies until they were right on me..

Had items disappearing on an action like eat or drink..

Also I lost connection a couple of times while driving and rather than my truck just die out and stop it sped up lol... That was fun cause you never know where youll be when you rejoin or if you will have broken legs and ruined items on you..

This was all on a GA 2-5 server..

Edited by Masprotech

I have noticed that if you have an item in hand that you do not have room for in your inventory, say a hatchet for example.  You MUST drop the item you do not have for BEFORE attempting to use another item, like, say, a can of beans.  If you do not do this then the item you do not have room for will warp back to the location you found it at originally.  If you drop the item first, it will stay at your location and appear as an item on the ground in your inventory window.

Bottom line;, if you don't have room for it, drop it before attempting to use another item or risk losing it.

• Like 4

Cheaters still exist. Guys with wallhack followed me through walls with his scope. I was trapped on a roof and he was below me. I could stand at an angle so he couldnt shoot me, but he knew where I was all the time when i rolled around on the roof looking at him. Tried to go for the ladder but ofc he was beneth the ladder and shot me straight away... Nice anti-hacks devs.... :(

• Like 1

^ Can you report the server, time and your ingame name to a server admin to see if they can use the admin logs to ban him? Or does that not work?

Cheaters still exist. Guys with wallhack followed me through walls with his scope. I was trapped on a roof and he was below me. I could stand at an angle so he couldnt shoot me, but he knew where I was all the time when i rolled around on the roof looking at him. Tried to go for the ladder but ofc he was beneth the ladder and shot me straight away... Nice anti-hacks devs.... :(

Well thats bad news - and really disappointing....

Even pristine compasses are hokey.  I've been standing on the coast staring due East and the compass will show North.  I just figured it was a place filler for a later update.

I just log out to lobby then back in and it always points to correct direction after that.

My new thing with .53, every container I come across, I empty it first since we now have that option, I do not drink from it before purifying it with tablets either.  God knows what you people are leaving behind in PET bottles and canteens..  That's not saying I have had an issue, I haven't drunk gasoline from a PET or canteen, just getting inside the planning cycle.

Edited by Barnabus

Has anyone seen a pen since 0.53? I realise it might not be top of everyone's priority list but can't find one for love nor money and it's kinda having an adverse effect on our bounty hunter event which require me to have a codeword on a note.

see them all the time.  Paper too.

Good news everyone! I finally found a box of matches today!...... then proceeded to find 3 more boxes of matches. Theory proven :p

• Like 4

I worked out how you can always get an accurate reading on a compass - put it in you pants (not sure if other clothing works), drop your pants and then drop the compass from the pants to the floor and inspect. Dropping the compass straight away sometimes loses it in my experience -_-

My new thing with .53, every container I come across, I empty it first since we now have that option, I do not drink from it before purifying it with tablets either.  God knows what you people are leaving behind in PET bottles and canteens..  That's not saying I have had an issue, I haven't drunk gasoline from a PET or canteen, just getting inside the planning cycle.

From now on some people should be very cautious when looting my character after a kill...  :lol:

• Like 2

I have a problem with crafting fireplace kit. I Сombine pages or rags with twig that is received when axe chopping bush. Result - fireplace kit. "I made a fireplace kit". But this fireplace kit lacked cell, and looks like a sticks with paper. I threw fireplace kit on the ground. I can not combine fireplace kit with wood or something else. Fireplace kit has no cells. (google translate). what am I doing wrong?

Edited by rushtodestiny

I have a problem with crafting fireplace kit. I Сombine pages or rags with twig that is received when axe chopping bush. Result - fireplace kit. "I made a fireplace kit". But this fireplace kit lacked cell, and looks like a sticks with paper. I threw fireplace kit on the ground. I can not combine fireplace kit with wood or something else. Fireplace kit has no cells. (google translate). what am I doing wrong?

The crafting and use of fireplaces has changed with 0.53. Rather than explain the whole thing over again, I will link you to the wiki page below which includes how to craft it. More than likely you are not using the correct number of wooden sticks (or firewood), but it is also possible you may not have been on flat enough ground as well.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Fireplace

Fireplace Kit + 5 Wooden Sticks (or 3 Firewood) = Fireplace

When you craft a fireplace now, it has many more slots than the old version and can be further crafted into one of two advanced fireplaces.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm no expert on this either. I realized last night that I don't know how to cook with the new fireplaces. I created a stone oven, put a cooking pot full of water on it, and tried adding meat and vegetables. No combination of on/off, full/empty, whatever was allowing me to add the items to the cooking pot itself so I took the only other option I saw: putting the items in the fireplace. This promptly ruined those items rather than cooking them. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Tatanko

The crafting and use of fireplaces has changed with 0.53. Rather than explain the whole thing over again, I will link you to the wiki page below which includes how to craft it. More than likely you are not using the correct number of wooden sticks (or firewood), but it is also possible you may not have been on flat enough ground as well.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Fireplace

Fireplace Kit + 5 Wooden Sticks (or 3 Firewood) = Fireplace

When you craft a fireplace now, it has many more slots than the old version and can be further crafted into one of two advanced fireplaces.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm no expert on this either. I realized last night that I don't know how to cook with the new fireplaces. I created a stone oven, put a cooking pot full of water on it, and tried adding meat and vegetables. No combination of on/off, full/empty, whatever was allowing me to add the items to the cooking pot itself so I took the only other option I saw: putting the items in the fireplace. This promptly ruined those items rather than cooking them. What am I doing wrong?

you have to set the pot on the ground, add your items, and then put it back on the fire.  I've only been able to add meat so far.  Side note, I read somewhere that you can add items to the fire to heat them up and put in your pack to keep you warm.  The only result I've received so far is ruining any item I attempt this with.

Good update the 0.53 feels good not having to worry about being killed by a hacker :)

I agree 100%. They definitely put a dent in the cheater's ability to ruin our fun.....(sigh) but i'm sad to report they're back.....see below: 

I have followed all of the steps to report our evidence captured early this morning (US central time) at the request of the Feb 6th status report (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220294-status-report-06-feb-15/#entry2213614).

Below is the feedback tracker I created on the matter. There is a link to the video evidence in there for you to review. This took place on our server (Welcome to the Jungle // 24/7 Daytime //.  Its not me in the video but one of my admins who stayed up most of the night interacting with these idiots and then taking time to edit the video down. Please do not repost the youtube link in this thread, you can watch the video on your own from the feedback tracker link.  The great news is we got their names and ID's thanks to the logs.  :beans:  :beans:

ID:  0021314

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

Edited by The Riddler

I agree 100%. They definitely put a dent in the cheater's ability to ruin our fun.....(sigh) but i'm sad to report they're back.....see below: 

I have followed all of the steps to report our evidence captured early this morning (US central time) at the request of the Feb 6th status report (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220294-status-report-06-feb-15/#entry2213614).

Below is the feedback tracker I created on the matter. There is a link to the video evidence in there for you to review. This took place on our server (Welcome to the Jungle // 24/7 Daytime //.  Its not me in the video but one of my admins who stayed up most of the night interacting with these idiots and then taking time to edit the video down. Please do not repost the youtube link in this thread, you can watch the video on your own from the feedback tracker link.  The great news is we got their names and ID's thanks to the logs.  :beans:  :beans:

ID:  0021314

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

Your video is set to private. You may want to change that if you want people to be able to view it.

• Like 1

you have to set the pot on the ground, add your items, and then put it back on the fire.  I've only been able to add meat so far.  Side note, I read somewhere that you can add items to the fire to heat them up and put in your pack to keep you warm.  The only result I've received so far is ruining any item I attempt this with.

I haven't tried it in 0.53, but yeah, in 0.52 if you put things in the fire it would heat them up and you could then put them back into your inventory and it would keep you warm until the item eventually cooled off. Not sure that works in 0.53 due to what you said about things getting ruined. I know you could pull a Luke-Skywalker-in-Empire-Strikes-Back and use the already-warm pile of guts to keep warm as well, that should still work.

Thanks for the tip about the pot. Are you saying you were unable to put other things in, or you weren't able to try? I tried putting in vegetables and it didn't work, but I don't know if I tried to put meat in or not.

Your video is set to private. You may want to change that if you want people to be able to view it.

My apologies and thank you for noticing. Its set to not listed now. Should be able to view it. 

Not sure if this was happening before but shooting inside houses sometimes opens a random door.

I noticed this when i fired a flare thru the window in one of those red houses with a ladder at the back.

Second time i was standing inside the log house, firing an arrow at the wall. door opened by itself.

I tried to recreate it, but there was no specific pattern i noticed, it seemed quite random.

Edited by halp

I've had a wonderful day with this patch so far.  However just got out of the Lootin and Shootin! server.  IP: 162.255.136:2502 and can confirm that certain hacks still definitely work.  Me and a friend were messing around when 2 shots were fired from right behind us killing my friend.  Looking over my shoulder I was quickly able to see the enemy player laying down behind her... less then 5 feet away from me.   Then he disappeared instantly.  I searched the area thinking lag was the culprit over the next 5 mins.  My friend respawned and I decided since the server just reset perhaps I'll drag all her gear to the ground and maybe she can recover it.  Her body was now 50' away having slid down the hill a bit.  In third person I tabbed into her body.  Upon tabbing out I saw the same enemy player (red knapsack for a backpack) appear in the prone position directly behind my player.  He then shot me and I died.  Thought I'd share my experience, going to go see if there is a ticket made for teleportation/esp yet in the tracker.

Overall this patch seems good. We played a few hours without issue but heres two things ( sorry if already discussed, i've read few pages of the thread but not all of them ). 

V3S/Player persistance : The persistance is great but have an issue. The position of the V3S is saved on server restart but the player last saved position seems to be the last position where he touched the ground. We tested getting out of the truck every ~1km to register our position and make sure we respawn near our truck but it's anoying to do so. 

Player Wipe on server restart : Happened to me again today. Server restarted ( no msg received X sec ). I waited about 30-45sec on this message then i quit to the menu. Join the server back and boom wiped. My friend who was playing with me was OK. We had similar issue on other patch, waiting much longer seemed to fix for me and i think ill keep waiting before rejoin after restart. 

Thanks !

Not sure if this was happening before but shooting inside houses sometimes opens a random door.

I noticed this when i fired a flare thru the window in one of those red houses with a ladder at the back.

Second time i was standing inside the log house, firing an arrow at the wall. door opened by itself.

I tried to recreate it, but there was no specific pattern i noticed, it seemed quite random.

Kinda like this? I accidentally hit my mouse button while we were waiting for a guy to come up into the cell block we got stuck in. While we were there we closed every door and when I fired, they all popped open. 

I submitted a feedback tracker here: 

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=21331

• Like 2