Sign in to follow this  
LORDPrometheus

What do you want to see in .54

What should be a priority for .54?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. What should be a priority.

• Central economy improvements (persistence)
    • New locations (post what locations in comments)
    • Fixing existing locations (fixing no loot buildings and nav mesh errors)
    • Improving optimization (FPS fixes)
    • Improving visual and audio quality (new renderer shadows etc)
    • Improving player/ zombie hit boxes (fixe hits and misses)
    • Eliminating phantom sounds (random drinking/ ammo splitting)
    • Better battle eye. (Hackers beware)
    • New items and weapons (post which ones in the comments)
    • Other (please explain below)

(I'm not sure if this should be general discussion or suggestions so can a mod please determine and move me to suggestions if that's the right place. Thank you.)

Now the devs have obviously got a huge To-do-list for the upcoming months but priorities constantly shift during the development process of a game. The biggest source of development priority shifts are time constraints the second biggest is user feedback.

This thread is for you (the forum community) to decide what should be made a priority for release .54. I'm saying .54 since .53 is essentially finished and just being put through some QC before release.

Please don't suggest anything ridiculous like tanks and helicopters since vehicles are complicated and a long term project. Also don't suggest switching engines or removing persistence.

Everything on this poll is listed on the 2015 roadmap as a q1 or q2 goal

I have no affiliation with the devs but want to see this game go in a positive direction and aligning development priorities with community desires is a good way to ensure sales and success.

Edited by LORDPrometheus

Improving optimization for me. I bought an early access game, and i accept cheaters, glitches and constant game tweaks. The only thing i cant stand at the moment is the performance drops. I pay top dollar for a high end pc that should be able to run 6 instances of DayZ at a time, and the game uses a tried and tested engine. I really thing they should focus on performance before adding or fixing content. I dont even mind the cheaters for now tbh.

Edited by nillie
  • Like 2

Improving optimization for me. I bought an early access game, and i accept cheaters, glitches and constant game tweaks. The only thing i cant stand at the moment is the performance drops. I pay top dollar for a high end pc that should be able to run 6 instances of DayZ at a time, and the game uses a tried and tested engine. I really thing they should focus on performance before adding or fixing content. I dont even mind the cheaters for now tbh.

My thoughts exactly

My thoughts exactly

they stated somewhere the new renderer and engine improvements wont happen until beta/finished product

I voted central economy, but what I really want to be addressed is persistence all over , not just vehicles , but it's all coming together slowly .. But they already said a new anti cheat and battleeye were being integrated into the experimental branch at some point on this next set of patches , so we won't need to vote for that :) !

Edit : to axerzeroon, that's not entirely true , the new renderer will be placed in it's earliest stage , sometime this quarter as it's slated on the roadmap ... So we will see some improvements , just not ALL improvements that the new renderer has to offer . until beta .

Edited by Grapefruit kush

they stated somewhere the new renderer and engine improvements wont happen until beta/finished product

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-2015-roadmap/

Q1 goals clearly states new renderer. Were these statements made before or after this I'm not saying your wrong just asking where you heard this.

Also the current DayZ engine is fine it just needs some polish and TLC

Were these statements made before or after this I'm not saying your wrong just asking where you heard this.

There were no such statements.

Both the new renderer and optimization will improve performance. The new renderer should arrive soonish and optimization will likely start when we enter beta.

• Like 3

Both the new renderer and optimization will improve performance. The new renderer should arrive soonish and optimization will likely start when we enter beta.

ah, i must have misunderstood it my apologies

Seems a little early to be talking about 0.54 when we don't even know what all is in 0.53 yet. Don't tell me we do either, because nobody has played with the majority of what will eventually hit Stable.

I'd like to see more additions to the map up north.   Not necessarily more towns or loot but random stuff in the deep woods, maybe a delapidated jeep or a few lost hunting cabins.  Also, more varied terrain in the far northwest woods, some steeper hills and hidden valleys, some small ponds and wildlife.  

edit -  and caves, some small caves out in the middle of nowhere to stay dry and maybe have a fire

Edited by GaryWalnuts

What ever Bohemia decides is the best to use they're resources on.

I could go on and on and on about stuff i want, but the fact of the matter is, they are not making the game we want, they are making the game they want to make and thats the definition of a good developer, in my world. It ensures passion and love for the work, along with a high level of quality.

Ive yet to see an awsome game, come from a company that does exactly what the players tells them to do.

I dont really care, if it takes them 3 years to finish this game. Good things take a lot of time and patience will pay off in the end.

To many times have i seen rushed development, along with pleasing of the player base, end up in a giant smelly pile of crap, that nobody would touch.

• Like 3

What's going to be interesting is when persistence / loot distribution and also the BE / "litmus test" improvements are made, for me, it will almost seem like an entirely different game experience, and will change the types of servers that I seek out.

Do you have any information on what kind of renderer improvements we may be looking at?

Do you have any information on what kind of renderer improvements we may be looking at?

A switch to DX11, which should bring extra pretties and performance improvements.

It's a fairly major project, so they must have a good reason for doing it.

I would like to see the rest of the melee mechanics they are planing to add and the practical consequences of it

performance/audio. cant decide.too hart.

#1stworldproblems

Edited by halp

No, the new renderer will be in by Q1. Hicks said that major optimisation work wouldn't be done until beta/release. Two different things.

2 things:

The legbreak-bug removed.

Things dissapearing /unable to pick up(these are surely related) fixed.

More heli crash sites per server.

ok now that i can get behind i dont think it should be a huge number just maybe... 5 instead of three

No, the new renderer will be in by Q1. Hicks said that major optimisation work wouldn't be done until beta/release. Two different things.

that must have been smth i mixed up :) thx for clearing that up.

Only a greatly lowered movement speed.

The gotta go fast sprinting needs a fix.

• Like 1

-New renderer
-Diseases
-Advanced animal/zombie AI

-More crafting

-Central economy & persistence improvments