Sign in to follow this  
LORDPrometheus

What do you want to see in .54

What should be a priority for .54?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. What should be a priority.

• Central economy improvements (persistence)
    • New locations (post what locations in comments)
    • Fixing existing locations (fixing no loot buildings and nav mesh errors)
    • Improving optimization (FPS fixes)
    • Improving visual and audio quality (new renderer shadows etc)
    • Improving player/ zombie hit boxes (fixe hits and misses)
    • Eliminating phantom sounds (random drinking/ ammo splitting)
    • Better battle eye. (Hackers beware)
    • New items and weapons (post which ones in the comments)
    • Other (please explain below)

I voted BattleEye improvements, but what has me very excited is the new zombie template system.

ok now that i can get behind i dont think it should be a huge number just maybe... 5 instead of three

We don't really need more per server. We just need to drop the pathetic Russian crash sites and ensure the crash sites in general work properly on persistent servers.

Anyway, I voted persistence (because it would transform the game) with fps a close second.

Please fix those invisible hackers, sliding,flashing players,  broken legs on ladders and bugged houses, and immortal players, also fix those chamber sounds.

Damn still too much bugs and no cars. In comparision with Far Cry 4 Engine, there are too much bugs here.

Edited by yimmasabi

Hey I like the game the way it is it plays better then my new console just throwing that in I think it would be cool to add in smoking cigars or cigs just to be on the fun side nothing is like a apocalypse then having a cigar after killing a few Z's

Riders vests that can take more than one punch!

Riders vests that can take more than one punch!

your riders vest already reduces chance of bleeding, stop being greedy you dirty biker...

The most annoying thing in the game to me right now is the random sounds... but I don't think that should be getting priority per se. 

Though I don't think I've had a direct interaction with a hacker I would like to see priority being given on ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to enjoy the game within the same parameters available to all. 

Improving optimization for me. I bought an early access game, and i accept cheaters, glitches and constant game tweaks. The only thing i cant stand at the moment is the performance drops. I pay top dollar for a high end pc that should be able to run 6 instances of DayZ at a time, and the game uses a tried and tested engine. I really thing they should focus on performance before adding or fixing content. I dont even mind the cheaters for now tbh.

I totally agree with the desire, but performance tuning and optimization, especially graphics, is typically one of the last things done in the development life cycle. That's intentional. Iteration on the back-end can make optimizations irrelevant, so it makes sense to wait until they're closer to feature code complete.

More specifically, Brian Hicks said in a recent interview that they've forked the DayZ engine, and the current engine is being phased out.  Until the new engine is fully implemented and replaces the current production branch (we're probably talking months), optimizing the old engine and renderer is a waste of precious developer and artist resources.

Edited by BoopyFriend
  • Like 1

I totally agree with the desire, but performance tuning and optimization, especially graphics, is typically one of the last things done in the development life cycle. That's intentional. Iteration on the back-end can make optimizations irrelevant, so it makes sense to wait until they're closer to feature code complete.

More specifically, Brian Hicks said in a recent interview that they've forked the DayZ engine, and the current engine is being phased out.  Until the new engine is fully implemented and replaces the current production branch (we're probably talking months), optimizing the old engine and renderer is a waste of precious developer and artist resources.

You make a good point.

Anyway as it stands, the problems i personally have with the performance drops are frustrating, but in no way are they stopping me from enjoying the game at the moment. In most areas of the map, i get a decent performance, and i am just having too much fun to let that ruin my gaming experience. So anything they decide to add, fix or remove at the moment is a bonus. Im just saying ill be happy like a kid in a candy store when i will be able to record some of my in game adventures without having to worry about fps drops constantly. And the sooner i can do that the better. No pressure tho.

I chose: Other.

I would like to see a smaller amount of gear, especially guns/ammo spawning, not because I don't want to get shot and killed, it's just, I find it way way too easy to gear up and get a gun and ammo currently in this game, I feel like it would be more rewarding play finding things then, because as it stands now, you can be beastly kitted out in under a half-hour, sometimes less and your off to do whatever, I would like to see how players would react if there where less accessibility to guns/ammo and gear.

how about pushing the game along further.

you have $90000000 of our money, 

you have been working on this game for over a year almost 2, its still in pre alpha,

the game is a joke in its current state. (dont get me wrong, its fun to play, the atmosphere and everything in the game has  a great setting, but this was already ARMA2) what i see dayz as atm is  like counterstrike 1.5 , sure its all the work from halflife. but just a mod ontop .. same thing with dayz. its arma2/3 with slightly different UI and textures. 

that being said. LOOK at the sheer amount of MONEY they have.

however. what 4 devs put out a game like "the forest"  you think. wow. 1 year and 4 ppl can do this. 

and yet BI with $90000000 havent done shit in terms of progress. its like a weekend chore to them is it?

seriously. I love dayz, i love the idea of the game, the potential for it.

the execution and the money they have taken. makes me disgusted 

The ability to retrieve arrows and bolts from players and zombies.

• Like 1

why is boobies not an option?

• Like 4

Improving optimization for me. I bought an early access game, and i accept cheaters, glitches and constant game tweaks. The only thing i cant stand at the moment is the performance drops. I pay top dollar for a high end pc that should be able to run 6 instances of DayZ at a time, and the game uses a tried and tested engine. I really thing they should focus on performance before adding or fixing content. I dont even mind the cheaters for now tbh.

I agree completely with you. Why focus on content when the game can not even run right to use the content.

I agree completely with you. Why focus on content when the game can not even run right to use the content.

Because isn't a game, is a Alpha of a game, and they need add content and such , to later Optimize it probably in Beta.
You can't Optimize, later add content and broke it and optimize again. That dont sound to logical.

Everyone want More FPS but they need add content first. Is a Alpha after all..

Edited by Polini

1- Basic controls working (not having to press 10 times 1 to equip your axe, not getting stuck while changing weapons, cancelling actions using movement keys, etc)

2- Zombies hitting you trough walls (or remove zombies until fixed)

3- Working persistence and loot respawn.

4- More players/server

I would like to see zombies.. no really like see them.  Am I the only one that doesn't see zombies anymore? lol

I would like to hear 3d sound. Thunder in my left speaker, turn 180 degrees and still thunder in the left speaker. Hard to determine which direction zeds are coming from.

Goatee?

• Like 1

1- Basic controls working (not having to press 10 times 1 to equip your axe, not getting stuck while changing weapons, cancelling actions using movement keys, etc)

2- Zombies hitting you trough walls (or remove zombies until fixed)

// 3- Working persistence and loot respawn.

4- More players/server

3 out of 4 issues are related to server side performance, and I'm afraid this will be an ongoing thing as long as we are in alpha. The addition of features need additional performance too, optimizing it for us players right now would be pointless.