LORDPrometheus

What is the nicest thing you have done in DayZ

There are a lot of threads these days about KOS and "what was your first kill" but what about the nice things many of us have done. DayZ is a great game despite its ongoing development and has become an environment for a host of interesting events and encounters. Many of these encounters end in the death of at least one player but what about the ones which don't?

My question today is what is the nicest thing you have done or seen while playing DayZ?

• Like 1

Killed a guy with broken legs and arms... he wanted a fresh spawn.

Edited by nillie
  • Like 3

I let a guy live once, I suppose that was pretty nice.

• Like 2

Gave away food/drink and weapons (not guns XD). Saved people from zombies.

I spent 4 hours looking for a box of matches until I finally found one. Not 10 minutes later I met my first survivor. We establish contact and I say "do you need anything?" He replies..."matches". Sigh... *hands over the matches*

• Like 5

I once saw a Bambi being chased by a pair of lightly geared people down the coast. I sniped the two guys chasing him but they had already shot him badly. One of the two bandits was alive still (just down) so I quickly drew a blood bag from him and bandaged the bambi. I dispatched the bandit then (after testing it) gave the Bambi the transfusion and left all the loot plus some of my own spare medical supplies to him.

• Like 3

I spent 4 hours looking for a box of matches until I finally found one. Not 10 minutes later I met my first survivor. We establish contact and I say "do you need anything?" He replies..."matches". Sigh... *hands over the matches*

You could have said; i will light you a fire but im keeping meh matches :)

Met a guy in Svetlo who'd only played for about 20 hours so far, and hadn't met anyone friendly. Hadn't even found a gun yet. I helped him find a gun, killed 2 randoms who attacked him, helped him learn how to roughly navigate, took a journey to NEAF and then to Krasno, and logged with him giddy about being fully dressed, full/hydrated, and packing a Mosin with LRS and a Longhorn (with plenty of ammo). I told him to pay it forward someday and keep the faith that there's other good guy survivors out there.

• Like 8

I made a fire for a guy I didn't know who was hypothermic in Elektro church. He died anyways so I sat watching his gear til he arrived.

Another time a girl attacked me in Pavlovo military base so I had to shoot her. I then bandaged her and gave her a saline. When she awoke she attacked me again :/ So I shot her again.

• Like 1

Gave two guys in a field my truck, (they shot me as soon as I got out) and went back to craft and give a splint to someone that tried to knock me out while I was eating... And I have not KoS'd anyone yet in 240 hours... Well, I shot one guy shooting at and sneaking up on a group of 3 at south east airfield. They promptly killed me after saving them from the lurker. But it's all been self defense otherwise.  ;)

After having a character for a very long time I was completely geared up with great gear and weapons. I found a couple new spawns on the coast. I approached them, held the gun to my head and told them they can have my gear. Then I killed myself for them.

The guy in our squad spent a while. Quite a bit of trial and error.

No small task doing all this on a 50/50 server at primetime on the coast just south of Solnichny. Felt like helping the helpless.  :P

I once gave someone food, drink, a pistol and ammo to a guy who claimed he was new to the game. 1 minute later I am a new spawn. I'll never make that mistake again.

Gave away a an MP5 buttstock, BUIS and a 15- and 30-round clip to a guy who had an MP5 with no attachments or clips. I considered killing him for the gun, but he was just too nice. Some time later I found his body, and they'd taken the MP5 from him. I killed two people nearby, and lo and behold, one of them had the gun, so I took it and went back to my pal's body. He never came back... so I kept the gun to remember him by. And nobody took it from me, I ended up losing it in a wipe.

• Like 1

A fresh spawn who I found in Krastonav, I created an improvised back pack and gave him directions to NWEF since he was headed in that direction.

Edited by MatchboxChick

Occasionally I run a free BBQ for weary survivors on the highway between Elektro and Berezino. I usually host it in a roadside garage next to two houses, the ones by the curving bay halfway through the highway. I only sometimes put human meat in the mix. :D Another time I started fresh, found a pristine LRS in the first 20 seconds of the game, SCORE! Ran into another freshie who just found a mosin. I gifted it to the guy. We wound up playing together for another 4 hours or so till he crashed. Never got his steam ID.

A fresh spawn who I found in Krastonav, I created an improvised back pack and gave him directions to NWEF since he was headed in that direction.

So you sent him to die, is what you're saying? :P

not shoot people at the NWAF unless they shoot at me first...

Not shoot a couple semi-fresh spawns who didn't have guns.