Sign in to follow this  
GregzTheGreat

Your most memorable moments?

It was back in 0.47 I believe. It was also my first life, I survived for over 6 hours not knowing what to specifically expect or look out for.

The beauty of my first life was that I was completely, blissfully unaware of how deadly and manipulative the game and it's inhabitants are, so I approached everything with no fear and enthusiasm.

After finding lots of food and drinking out of a pond ( I figured out the spam-click "method" myself :P ) I found a map in a police station. the "Map of NW chernarus" to which I eagerly opened to hopefully  gain some sense of direction. I immediately noticed  a rather large runway, and I like runways. So away I ran towards said runway, without a compass, for I had no idea they existed.

It took 5 hours of losing my bearings, ending up on the very top left of the map (the edge of the actual map, where everything stops loading) avoiding multiple bandits and their gunfire, looting houses and drinking a lot of Pipsi, but I finally spotted a distant hangar over the treeline.

I darted into the middle of the airfield, without caution or care and eventually found myself in a prison building. The first sight I was forced to bear witness to was a dead body, of which I began looting, as I knew I had to find SOMETHING to defend myself against whatever or whoever did this. Among his tattered, torn gear was a small pistol, I believe it was the makarov or the 1911, I forget which one specifically. I picked it up, this was the first gun I'd ever held. I was constantly in first person as I didn't know third person existed, so my "field of view" was at a disadvantage in comparison to the potential threat.

Not seconds after I picked up the pistol, I heard footsteps outside. I crouched and aimed towards the double doored entrance. The door burst open, and there stood a fully armed player gear consisting of an AKM with drum mag, a blackskull balaclava, a smersh vest with smersh backpack attached, full gorka clothing and a ballistic helm.

Being a new player, I couldn't comprehend or understand the sheer amount of intense danger this person posed, additionally I was starving and had no clothes other than a black hoodie and white hunter pants with my freshspawn shoes. These factors added up in my head all within a moment. Needless to say this caused me to begin firing at him, aiming directly at his head. He died from the second shot, but that didn't stop me from "inserting" the other 6 bullets into his skull. To this day I am unsure if he even knew I was there, since he died so quickly.

I skimmed over his loot, and I noticed that his once amazing looking blackskull bally was now a rusty colour and "ruined". This was the first time I learned about combat ruining items. I took his AKM and rushed outside. There was another dead body directly to my right! This didn't stop me as I continued running past the part of the prison building that represents a small tunnel. INSIDE the "tunnel" was another player, bandaging. I shot him once in the head, and down he fell. I took his pristine hunter backpack and gorka gear along with my first helmet (completely disregarded that it was ruined, I got a helmet m8) I then continued to kill 6 people effortlessly, as I was not at all worried or nervous. My sheer ignorance was calming enough to allow me to aim and fire without any panic or missing. I ended up eating roughly 30 cans of food from these victims. Most of them were running across the runway, out in the open, or camping in the firestation + control tower.

My first death occurred within the same hour of my first kill. I entered one of the "officer barracks" with a few beds and a small wooden table, the exterior looks like a small green hangar. I heard footsteps outside. The door opened, I was eating a delicious pepper, I was shot in the head.

Didn't even care, I had a great time.

I then learned from various tutorials and advice from players the extreme details of DayZ and all of its functions. With this new knowledge and clarity, all I could do was sit at my chair shocked.

I pulled off a seriously rare killing spree, and I had no idea how badass I was doing it. ;)

So, what's your most memorable moment?

• Like 2

Trolling my friend by shooting at him and saying there is a sniper and he gets this really super excited/scared and its hilarious :D

• Like 1

Last night after getting back to the NWAF getting some ammo, having 2 geared players order me to put my hands up.  At first I ran because 2 nights ago my fully geared character was shot in the back with no warning or communication while axing a zombie behind one of the hangers.  That was my first geared character I had built up for hours and didnt even see the guy who killed me.  So with my new geared character I immediately got so spooked and pissed when I heard the "put your weapon down" communication.  I thought for sure this was the end or I was going to be robbed of everything.  Luckily it was two clan members who own the server and were very friendly and has asked if I had seen anyone else.  We communicated then they let me go.  Awesome.  Ive only been playing for a week.

One of my best DayZ experiences is acctually, I think, in 0.46 something. Don't really remember. It was a long time ago. I played as a long wolf, since non Iof my friends had the game back then, on one of my first characters which I had had for a long time. pretty much since the standalone was released. I had played the game for a while but I didn't know much about it. I was afraid of everything. I had no weapon except for a fire extinguisher if I remember correctly. I looted by some of those apartments somewhere in the woods. I searched some cars and that's when I found my first ever firearm AND mosin. My beloved mosin <3 (getting a bit sentimental here). Anyways *caugh* I didn't have any bullets for it then but it didn't matter. I could feel that I was hungry so I entered the first apartment building, unknowing that those god damn building never spawn anything. After minutes past by and I didn't find anything, I started to panic. I still hadn't found ANYTHING and now I was starving. I searched the last rooms, but nothing. I started running (dumb ways to die). I had to get to a new town where I could get something to eat. I was on my way up on a dirt road up a big hill. I watched out over the building. And then I fell to the ground and died.

For you this might not seem like a cool DayZ experiance. But this is what DayZ is about for me. Feeling really lonely, searching desperat for something useful to keep on living. After only 178 hours of gameplay and I don't have that same feeling anymore. With is unfortunate. I really miss thouse days when food where scare and the only thing you could find was rotten kiwis, and you were afraid of pretty much everything.

My most memorable moment was in my first hour of playing.

I have to be completely honest. I had used a pirated version of DayZ in order to see if it would run on my PC fluently. Back in march, the "cracked" servers had like 100 slots, you can imagine what elektro looked like but nevermind. I spawned and I was just looting around. I knew the basic idea of DayZ due to several Let's Plays on youtube. After like 10 minutes I saw like 4 people (mediocre gear) being together behind a house, at the pond. I went up to them and asked if they had some food or ammo for my sporter 22. Thankfully they were friendly and I could join their squad. We kept moving up to cherno and then to the snipercity, chapaevsk. As we were heading up the hills one mate got hit by a mosin bullet (I have to mention that this was my first combat situation what so ever.). He shouted "SNIPER ON THE ROAD GET DOWN!". 4 of us tried to get to the top as quick as possible and laid down. I was full of adrenaline. 1 mate shouted "HE RUINED MY BANDAGES, GUYS PLEASE HELP". Apparently I was the only one with pristine bandages. I ran to the guy and dropped him some bandages. He answered loudly "THANKS BRO GET TO COVER". I laid down as soon as I could and wanted to spot the sniper. Apparently I had no idea what damage the sporter 22 did lol. Another one of us got hit and had to get bandaged aswell. I ran to him and as I was bandaging him, the sniper shot me in the head. I'm pretty sure I dropped like a bag of potatoes.

That experience was so unique that no other game ever game me, because I had been walking with these guys for some time, learned some stuff like what ammunition what gun takes, and how to slightly navigate. I hope you guys won't hate on me because of the pirated DayZ Standalone version (THAT VERSION ALREADY HAD CARS LIKE WTF). I purchased the game 2 days afterwards and am still playing the beautiful game. 

Sorry for my sloppy English! :D

They're all from the mod and most of them when it was pitch black, the kind of memories that you all rob yourselves of.

Last night after getting back to the NWAF getting some ammo, having 2 geared players order me to put my hands up.  At first I ran because 2 nights ago my fully geared character was shot in the back with no warning or communication while axing a zombie behind one of the hangers.  That was my first geared character I had built up for hours and didnt even see the guy who killed me.  So with my new geared character I immediately got so spooked and pissed when I heard the "put your weapon down" communication.  I thought for sure this was the end or I was going to be robbed of everything.  Luckily it was two clan members who own the server and were very friendly and has asked if I had seen anyone else.  We communicated then they let me go.  Awesome.  Ive only been playing for a week.

I love things like that, thanks for sharing :)

One of my best DayZ experiences is acctually, I think, in 0.46 something. Don't really remember. It was a long time ago. I played as a long wolf, since non Iof my friends had the game back then, on one of my first characters which I had had for a long time. pretty much since the standalone was released. I had played the game for a while but I didn't know much about it. I was afraid of everything. I had no weapon except for a fire extinguisher if I remember correctly. I looted by some of those apartments somewhere in the woods. I searched some cars and that's when I found my first ever firearm AND mosin. My beloved mosin <3 (getting a bit sentimental here). Anyways *caugh* I didn't have any bullets for it then but it didn't matter. I could feel that I was hungry so I entered the first apartment building, unknowing that those god damn building never spawn anything. After minutes past by and I didn't find anything, I started to panic. I still hadn't found ANYTHING and now I was starving. I searched the last rooms, but nothing. I started running (dumb ways to die). I had to get to a new town where I could get something to eat. I was on my way up on a dirt road up a big hill. I watched out over the building. And then I fell to the ground and died.

For you this might not seem like a cool DayZ experiance. But this is what DayZ is about for me. Feeling really lonely, searching desperat for something useful to keep on living. After only 178 hours of gameplay and I don't have that same feeling anymore. With is unfortunate. I really miss thouse days when food where scare and the only thing you could find was rotten kiwis, and you were afraid of pretty much everything.

Well, honestly it depends on the server you're on. I've been able to achieve your experience from being on persistent servers for example, where loot is very, very rare.

I admire that simplicity. It's the atmospherics that get to you, the moments where the game stops being a game, and for a moment you're connected. Good stuff man, I can definitely relate.

My most memorable moment was in my first hour of playing.

I have to be completely honest. I had used a pirated version of DayZ in order to see if it would run on my PC fluently. Back in march, the "cracked" servers had like 100 slots, you can imagine what elektro looked like but nevermind. I spawned and I was just looting around. I knew the basic idea of DayZ due to several Let's Plays on youtube. After like 10 minutes I saw like 4 people (mediocre gear) being together behind a house, at the pond. I went up to them and asked if they had some food or ammo for my sporter 22. Thankfully they were friendly and I could join their squad. We kept moving up to cherno and then to the snipercity, chapaevsk. As we were heading up the hills one mate got hit by a mosin bullet (I have to mention that this was my first combat situation what so ever.). He shouted "SNIPER ON THE ROAD GET DOWN!". 4 of us tried to get to the top as quick as possible and laid down. I was full of adrenaline. 1 mate shouted "HE RUINED MY BANDAGES, GUYS PLEASE HELP". Apparently I was the only one with pristine bandages. I ran to the guy and dropped him some bandages. He answered loudly "THANKS BRO GET TO COVER". I laid down as soon as I could and wanted to spot the sniper. Apparently I had no idea what damage the sporter 22 did lol. Another one of us got hit and had to get bandaged aswell. I ran to him and as I was bandaging him, the sniper shot me in the head. I'm pretty sure I dropped like a bag of potatoes.

That experience was so unique that no other game ever game me, because I had been walking with these guys for some time, learned some stuff like what ammunition what gun takes, and how to slightly navigate. I hope you guys won't hate on me because of the pirated DayZ Standalone version (THAT VERSION ALREADY HAD CARS LIKE WTF). I purchased the game 2 days afterwards and am still playing the beautiful game. 

Sorry for my sloppy English! :D

That's awesome man. You had a brotherhood. An experience that's hard to come by in such a cold, unforgiving world of the apocalypse. It was almost real for a moment eh?

Cheers for sharing, dw about the pirated version, you did the right thing in the end ^^

• Like 1

That's awesome man. You had a brotherhood. An experience that's hard to come by in such a cold, unforgiving world of the apocalypse. It was almost real for a moment eh?

Cheers for sharing, dw about the pirated version, you did the right thing in the end ^^

I guess so! :D

Few weeks ago I decided to join a random private UK server.

I also decided to be uninhibited and friendly to everyone.

Out of the dozen or so people I met, only 2 tried to kill me.

We all shared loot, food, helped each other gear up, gave blood, and all went our separate ways. It showed me how friendly the game really can be.

• Like 1

Trolling my friend by shooting at him and saying there is a sniper and he gets this really super excited/scared and its hilarious :D

turn your mic up full volume, put your headphone earpiece next to the mic, turn on direct chat & then turn your effects volume up full in the menu, this causes a scream of a zombie and a shotgun blast - heart failure & freak out for your mates.  Shit it even happens to yourself sometimes when you absent mindedly adjust the volume in game.

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 2

turn your mic up full volume, put your headphone earpiece next to the mic, turn on direct chat & then turn your effects volume up full in the menu, this causes a scream of a zombie and a shotgun blast - heart failure & freak out for your mates.  Shit it even happens to yourself sometimes when you absent mindedly adjust the volume in game.

2 nights ago me and my friend were doing some sound tests.  He sat on the ground and waited for his breathing to quieten down then I sprinted right past him at full speed - he said he only heard me literally as I passed by him so I told him to check his effects volume.

5 seconds later, over comms:  "Shiiiiiiit, zombie!!!  Gunshot, someone's shooting us!!!"  

Man, I was laughing...

I have lots of memorable moments - my first high five with a stranger, my first (and so far only) player kill, just walking across country and being able to see for miles and miles, raiding a barracks at night time in my first few hours of play and spending 10 minutes crouched in a bush convinced another player must be right next to me because I could hear noises (which I now know are just ambient noises), driving a truck down the middle of the NWAF blaring "Freebird" over comms, but for my all time favourite I think it has to be one from within my first hour of gameplay when I didn't know anything at all at the game was really glitchy.

As a new spawn I walked up a road and found some wooden planks on some scaffolding.  I walked up the planks to the first platform and then simply fell through the floor on the ground, breaking my legs.  I didn't know how to craft splints and there was no one to be seen and no zombie to finish me off.  I crawled for about an hour, looking for morphine until I came to a massive barn with a ladder inside it.  Having had enough of a game where you spent an hour crawling around I decided to cut my losses so I climbed up the ladder and then crawled off the top. 

At the time I was really annoyed with the game but now I look back on that experience with fondness. 

Hmmmmm......

Well, there was this one time I was trying to axe a deer to death with my mate except rather than help me out, he just decided to laugh his ass off watching me try and catch it.

LOL it must have been pretty funny thinking about it - watch me try to creep through bushes and crawl then leap up to attack... ^_^

My first time playing, when I knew absolutely nothing about the game and got killed by a crazy 12 year old with a fire hydrant. He started hittin' me and 

I ran (didn't even know what keys to press to put up my fists) and he started spewing insults at me because I wouldn't stay and 'play the game' with him. I died some yards later.

After that I went through all of the settings and made sure I knew what was what.

And then the other day; when I was checkin a shed for loot and started getting shot at; a guy comes up pointing a gun at me and I think it's him, it isn't, and he tells me to run. We both

take off running and he asks if I have a gun (I do but it's useless, no ammo and nowhere to stop an swap if he has any). I don't. We keep runnin' as the other guy keeps shooting. First guy starts getting paranoid, wondering where we're going and wondering if I'm pulling his leg, playing a game, if the shooting guy is my friend. Eventually I get shot for the third time and die.

I had so much food. q.q hopefully my backpack wasn't ruined, at least one of them would've gotten a sheetload of food.

Where were we going? I didn't know, didn't care. Away. Like he told me. I'm pretty good at running. :P

I'm really bummed about the food. THE FOOD.

One of my most memorable moments came when a friend was new to the game and we were in Solnichniy. Well we were at the gas station meeting a our friend there. Well he got the bright idea to take a pick-axe to the gas station to see what would happen. He took two swings and nothing happened. So we started running away. He instantly turns around and runs back at the gas pump, hits it one more time and the station blew up. I had to log-off because I was laughing and crying so hard and this also how I found out that you can blow up gas stations.