Sign in to follow this  
pissedoff88

Fire Weapons

This game is totally missing fire.  Now there is gas we need a flamethrower to burn people who are camping out of hiding.  Or at least the ability to make some cocktails and some good animation and screaming sounds for players and zombies on fire.  Who is with me?

• Like 4

Molotovs. Yes. Flamethrowers. Doon't think so. Com'on it's in Chernarous and that's a poor place. Don't think anyone would have a flamethrower ;). And I feel like this would only encourage People to be Rambo in Electro

How about a Torch? And I don't mean a flashlight.

Fuel Soaked Rags + Wooden Stick = Improvised Torch, hitting targets inflicts a burn status

More over, hopefully when they finally add the Flare Gun into the game perhaps that can inflict fire based damage on hit?

• Like 2

Homemade flamethrowers aren't hard to make, and are even legal in the US. That's right, flamethrowers are legal here. The biggest danger in a flamethrower is not actually catching people on fire, but using up all of the oxygen in a bunker. They're used to clear bunkers. If they did implement flamethrowers, we'd need to be able to suffocate people with them, or there wouldn't be a point.

A good start would be cocktails.  Rags, matches, and gas are already in game, just need empty glass bottles and some cool animations.

How about a Torch? And I don't mean a flashlight.

Fuel Soaked Rags + Wooden Stick = Improvised Torch, hitting targets inflicts a burn status

More over, hopefully when they finally add the Flare Gun into the game perhaps that can inflict fire based damage on hit?

Yeahhhh I would love to see more selfmaded stuff like this!

And the selfmade granade = flare+ductape+spraycan = 60 % chance to explode

Edited by imun

Eh a mini flamethrower could be possible. Find some spraypaint and a match or something, and spray. Could have a chance to blow up and kill the player, etc. Molotovs would be fun.

Only issue is the engine. I dunno if Arma can simulate fire on the ground, or have players being set ablaze and taking damage over time, etc.