Sign in to follow this  
louist

Just returned after almost a year...

Vehicles, loot, tents, persistence, zombies (both respawning and the majority of their clipping issues), animals, more weapons, more clothes, a tonne of new items, cooking & fires, temperature & wetness, bug fixes, server side performance improvements, fixed the issue of having loot disappear for a minute on dropping it on the ground, work toward implementing the new renderer, physics and sound engines etc, added functionality to almost all of the items, more crafting stuff, map changes and more. A lot of it isn't really, really apparent unless you look for it though. Bigger changes'll be coming this year with massive improvements to zombies, performance and general stuff in game. Should be a great year.

I'd recommend you go to a YouTube channel like WOBO and check the changelog videos out to see what's been added, fixed or improved. There's actually a hell of a lot.

Ummmm,  sorry but last night I twice dropped items on the ground and they disappeared, forever, not just for a minute.   Who told you it was fixed?    If your inventory is full, and you are holding an item, and if you hit the "x" to dop on the ground...... it's gone forever.   This happened serveral times in the last few days so it was not a random glitch.

Also, you said "bug fixes".    Which bug fixes do you mean have been completed?   Also you said persistance has been added.   It does not function properly and is thus not persistent.

I'm just pointing out some things so that people who have not played the game don't get the idea that any features have really been improved like you make it sound.  Because nothings has been improved in my opinion except maybe the variety of tools and items, and the first vehicle is a pretty cool start, but barely functions.  It can't even go up a small hill.

• Like 1

Dude I have been playing this game more than 6 months on multiplayer and there was not only 2 people.

No

Look it up before making accusations

Multiplayer released on 10 NOVEMBER, 2014  

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791435557442/announcements/detail/216498456005885636

and this update log for 1st December 2014:

http://survivetheforest.com/2014/12/v0-10-building-foundations-new-creature-climbing-walkie-talkies/

Read near the bottom

Specifically the part that says:

(multiplayer) default player cap increased to 8 along with option to go up to 128 players (for adventurous players only! not recommended)

So no, it isn't FALSE

Edited by pissedoff88

Dude I have been playing this game more than 6 months on multiplayer and there was not only 2 people.

And yet the official change logs I've provided from steam prove there was

Where is your evidence to back that up?

Truth is it doesn't exist

I have friend that has over 300 games on steam. He buys new game every week. Every other game sucks according to him and he doesn't play it. Most of games cost more than dayz. Sometimes you get good product for less money, sometimes you get crap for far more money. If you think dayz sucks, delete it. Get over it. Play something else.

• Like 1

I have friend that has over 300 games on steam. He buys new game every week. Every other game sucks according to him and he doesn't play it. Most of games cost more than dayz. Sometimes you get good product for less money, sometimes you get crap for far more money. If you think dayz sucks, delete it. Get over it. Play something else.

Well I guess he must be right then, just because you say so

I for one never said dayz sucks, I said I've been here since he mod 3 years ago and now over a year of the standalone version and the same debates about lack of development are going on

Dayz is a good game if you want a Pew Pew murder simulator with a minor annoyance of having to find food (which you can stick up for life on in 10mins most of the time)

This is a discussions out how the development has gone no where and compared to other games it falls behind with the example I already gave

It's advertised as a zombie survival game with other players

But all their is to do is other players

No survival aspects worthy of mention are in the game, survival is piss easy and almost non existent and the zombies are so rare and don't pose a threat even when encountered

So if they are going to advertise it as a zombie survival game with other players after 3 years of development I expect it to actually have some of those features, instead it has players laughing at it ignoring zombies and sitting on a pile of food that doesn't run out

I don't think that's too much to expect after 3 years

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you're expecting to change.  The mod has been out a few years now, and at its core it's still the same game with more content.

This is essentially how the SA will be.  The core functionality is there, gameplay isn't going to become drastically different.  More vehicles/vehicle types will be added and things like persistence will get ironed out as well as numerous bugs.  But if you're expecting a different experience altogether, it's not going to happen.

Well I guess he must be right then, just because you say so

I for one never said dayz sucks, I said I've been here since he mod 3 years ago and now over a year of the standalone version and the same debates about lack of development are going on

Dayz is a good game if you want a Pew Pew murder simulator with a minor annoyance of having to find food (which you can stick up for life on in 10mins most of the time)

This is a discussions out how the development has gone no where and compared to other games it falls behind with the example I already gave

It's advertised as a zombie survival game with other players

But all their is to do is other players

No survival aspects worthy of mention are in the game, survival is piss easy and almost non existent and the zombies are so rare and don't pose a threat even when encountered

So if they are going to advertise it as a zombie survival game with other players after 3 years of development I expect it to actually have some of those features, instead it has players laughing at it ignoring zombies and sitting on a pile of food that doesn't run out

I don't think that's too much to expect after 3 years

I also think development is too slow. Even more because I dont play any other games any more (OK, I play Arma 3 Epoch and sometimes mod). Team, mostly Dean, made some wrong decisions during development. SA started with maybe dozen people working on it. But it quickly overgrown that. Game (unfinished) that sells in 3 million in a year without marketing, requires bigger team. Much bigger. Also, I feel like ARMA 3 devs and dayz devs dont cooperate much. WHY? Games share similar engines. If Arma team made vehicles, planes and other stuff...why is that not transfered to dayz? Dayz mod sold million of Arma 2 copies, I think its time to give something back.

But we can runt all we can, we cant achive anything. 

• Like 1

Ummmm,  sorry but last night I twice dropped items on the ground and they disappeared, forever, not just for a minute.   Who told you it was fixed?    If your inventory is full, and you are holding an item, and if you hit the "x" to dop on the ground...... it's gone forever.   This happened serveral times in the last few days so it was not a random glitch.

Also, you said "bug fixes".    Which bug fixes do you mean have been completed?   Also you said persistance has been added.   It does not function properly and is thus not persistent.

I'm just pointing out some things so that people who have not played the game don't get the idea that any features have really been improved like you make it sound.  Because nothings has been improved in my opinion except maybe the variety of tools and items, and the first vehicle is a pretty cool start, but barely functions.  It can't even go up a small hill.

I've not seen it happen with me, my friends or any of the streamers/YouTubers that I watch. Most people drag it on to the ground out of the inventory. If you do that, there are 0 issues. If you have a weapon in your hands and drop it on the ground while inside, it occasionally gets teleported outside. But I've not seen an item disappear on dropping it in SA. Ever. I've not seen it disappear for period of time before reappearing since early last year.

Persistence is actually working pretty well at the moment, not sure what everybody is complaining about. I play almost 100% on persistent servers and have few issues with loot. There's just more useless crap lying around - which does require a cleanup script.There is a tonne of stuff that's been added. If you don't see any of that, you're sorely mistaken.

I'm not going to sit here and list out every fix, every feature and every rework. Read the changelogs. Look for yourself. I've played this game since the beginning and it's incredibly different to how it was at launch.

Edited by Beizs

Actually apart from this thread there hasn't been any debates about lack of development for quite a while now. If you had been around the last 3-4 months you would have noticed the pace of development picking up and becoming very impressive, with weekly (sometimes more) updates.

Admittedly January has been rather slow, but they are after all working on implementing the new renderer (as well as zombie AI and other huge features), and I imagine that this is creating some issues they need to fix before getting back into the old pattern of the more quick succession of updates.

• Like 1

... And I'm wondering what's different? Loot spawns seem to be fixed, and I came across a hockey stick, a zucchini, and a welding mask, none of which I recall from before, but otherwise I couldn't detect anything new over the course of a few hours. What's the progress been like?

WTF????????????????

You haven't played for a year and you haven't noticed anything new bar 3 items?

LMAO maybe you should go stick your head in a fridge or something....

I've not seen it happen with me, my friends or any of the streamers/YouTubers that I watch. Most people drag it on to the ground out of the inventory. If you do that, there are 0 issues. If you have a weapon in your hands and drop it on the ground while inside, it occasionally gets teleported outside. But I've not seen an item disappear on dropping it in SA. Ever. I've not seen it disappear for period of time before reappearing since early last year.

Persistence is actually working pretty well at the moment, not sure what everybody is complaining about. I play almost 100% on persistent servers and have few issues with loot. There's just more useless crap lying around - which does require a cleanup script.There is a tonne of stuff that's been added. If you don't see any of that, you're sorely mistaken.

I'm not going to sit here and list out every fix, every feature and every rework. Read the changelogs. Look for yourself. I've played this game since the beginning and it's incredibly different to how it was at launch.

If you're holding an item and press the X to drop it, unless things have changed in a couple of months that item is still attached to you in ghost land. You can test this out by equiping a weapon in your hand which then force drops the item on the ground. It's like having an extra inventory slot.

• Like 1

well here is my 2cents. been playing since mod, i do have some good found memories and what i am saying is that i am found of dayz, there were some improvements however since it came out, i also got h1z1. Now i am not trying to do game X vs game Y but i must say that h1z1 for me at least had a good start minus the air drops that had weapons but was fixed. I understand that h1 still will have some fixing, but my point is. All the stuff that dayz SA said was going to do, H1z1 has already in its early stage. I mean i actually have to worry about zombies, wild life, players and hunger/thirst and i can make my base, though is hard as a lone wolf.

It comes down to engine, and who is backing it, yes dayz is still alpha and all however like i said comparing the progress of both games dayz is lacking, yes there is tons of items but the point of us scavenging for them is to survive make camps, have the upper hand over other ppl/groups sadly it not there yet. I know dayz sa team planned for 2015 but by then could be too late. Now i say this knowing that games take some years to finish.

By now i just don´t know, back a few months i was saying wait and see, but now......

• Like 1

If you're holding an item and press the X to drop it, unless things have changed in a couple of months that item is still attached to you in ghost land. You can test this out by equiping a weapon in your hand which then force drops the item on the ground. It's like having an extra inventory slot.

Oh, you mean the fact that it gets placed in the slot by your hat, etc? Not the same as it disappearing permanently.

"Look it up before making accusations

Multiplayer released on 10 NOVEMBER, 2014  "

Now your saying multiplayer started 2.5 months ago?  LOL.  Dude the logs are obviously innacurate.  Whatever you go on thinking multiplayer dayz just began I can care less its been going on well over a year ...

"Look it up before making accusations

Multiplayer released on 10 NOVEMBER, 2014  "

Now your saying multiplayer started 2.5 months ago?  LOL.  Dude the logs are obviously innacurate.  Whatever you go on thinking multiplayer dayz just began I can care less its been going on well over a year ...

i think he talks about "The Forest"

Oh, you mean the fact that it gets placed in the slot by your hat, etc? Not the same as it disappearing permanently.

I'm not that sure so have to test it but if my Inv is full and I pick up a pickaxe say and then hit the red X - sometimes I see it at the bottom of my inventory on the right. I move away and then switch to a weapon and the pickaxe is dropped where I am, not where I was.

well here is my 2cents. been playing since mod, i do have some good found memories and what i am saying is that i am found of dayz, there were some improvements however since it came out, i also got h1z1. Now i am not trying to do game X vs game Y but i must say that h1z1 for me at least had a good start minus the air drops that had weapons but was fixed. I understand that h1 still will have some fixing, but my point is. All the stuff that dayz SA said was going to do, H1z1 has already in its early stage. I mean i actually have to worry about zombies, wild life, players and hunger/thirst and i can make my base, though is hard as a lone wolf.

It comes down to engine, and who is backing it, yes dayz is still alpha and all however like i said comparing the progress of both games dayz is lacking, yes there is tons of items but the point of us scavenging for them is to survive make camps, have the upper hand over other ppl/groups sadly it not there yet. I know dayz sa team planned for 2015 but by then could be too late. Now i say this knowing that games take some years to finish.

By now i just don´t know, back a few months i was saying wait and see, but now......

We'll see what happens. DayZ has been out for a long time now. People are used to it and it's not new. H1Z1 has just been launched and people are excited about it.

This is because there hasn't been a decent zombie survival game yet.

H1Z1 release day and the zombies are crap and buggy - that's been fixed in what, a week? They have different zombie types and you get hordes and the zeds have different AI too.  Now H1Z1 may not be right now the best game of it's genre but where is it going to be in 6 months time or a year from now? As long as the Pay 2 Win element is removed and they can deliver more of what they want then it might be the game everyone moves to and if DayZ can't keep up then that's just the way it goes. People will flock to the game that gives them the better Zombie experience.

So now we have H1Z1 out, we'll see the rate of progress between the two - the race is on I guess :)

• Like 1

We'll see what happens. DayZ has been out for a long time now. People are used to it and it's not new. H1Z1 has just been launched and people are excited about it.

H1Z1 release day and the zombies are crap and buggy - that's been fixed in what, a week? They have different zombie types and you get hordes and the zeds have different AI too.  Now H1Z1 may not be right now the best game of it's genre but where is it going to be in 6 months time or a year from now? As long as the Pay 2 Win element is removed and they can deliver more of what they want then it might be the game everyone moves to and if DayZ can't keep up then that's just the way it goes. People will flock to the game that gives them the better Zombie experience.

So now we have H1Z1 out, we'll see the rate of progress between the two - the race is on I guess :)

do you also compare Mario Kart 8 with Gran Turismo?

• Like 1

Like i said for the first two days or so the air drops had p2w items, weapons and other tools. while they said that it was going to be only skin type items. however because ppl really aggro on that they fixed it and removed the weapons, i havent played it for two days, and when i logged in yesterday in like a min or so i had to waste my 20 arrows around the houses i was searching plus got luck and found a car then i found that there was like 3 bases around and that could have been a player´s car cause it was green.

Plus they are hard on hacking.....indeed the race is on.

do you also compare Mario Kart 8 with Gran Turismo?

dude what?  

• Like 1

dude what?  

dude i said "do you also compare Mario Kart 8 with Gran Turismo?"

• Like 1

dude i said "do you also compare Mario Kart 8 with Gran Turismo?"

lol i know what you said, but your analogy to me makes no sence. but i see the point your trying to make. Mario is more like kid racing or arcade racing, compared to grand turismo. 

Dayz and h1z1 fall under the same zombie survival, given that the crafting in h1 is more arcade maybe, but it doesnt make into the question you made, just because dayz tries to simulate are more realistic type of crafting or graphics. H1 just because has a not so realistic graphics doesnt mean it is inferior and is hard.

Need to remember that dayz came from a mod based on a soldier combat simulation, thats why all like it cause it is a hard learning curve, while h1 is quick learning curve for a harsher game play. Any way i could keep going.  

thats why your question made no sence.

Edited by reapers239
  • Like 1

There is never any loot, zombies or vehicles, you have to spend ages running deep inland and there is no auto run and by the time you get there the loot is always crap. All the major military places are picked dry so don't bother with them, just run around for hours trying to find a crap gun and then server hop.... oh wait no every frigging server seems to have a different character. 

The game is a mess, the mod is so much better, it actually has loot, zombies and vehicles. 

The game is a mess, the mod is so much better, it actually has loot, zombies and vehicles. 

Go away and play the Mod but do not come back here with your trolling....

• Like 1