Sign in to follow this  
PandaChef

How to drive uphill in truck?

Hey, in 0.51 the trucks were fine and went decently fast however in 0.52 when you go uphill the trucks are broken and literally drive at walking pace. I don't think I am doing anything wrong either, as pressing the boost button doesn't make much difference on uphill slopes. Anyone else having this problem?

• Like 1

You need to get to a certain speed for conquering the hill itself, easiest way to do this is to get some space to get a run up or the serpentine up the hill.

Tackling a hill straight on is in any case a bad idea (applicable to real life as well)

• Like 2

When they introduce manual gears, it should be easier to get vehicles to do what you want when going up and down hills, I reckon

• Like 2

You need to get to a certain speed for conquering the hill itself, easiest way to do this is to get some space to get a run up or the serpentine up the hill.

Tackling a hill straight on is in any case a bad idea (applicable to real life as well)

Yes I accept you would need to do that for big hills, but for tiny ones the trucks are broken as they can't accelerate.

• Like 1

People really need to realize how steep some of these hills are.

Hope the sprinting up high angle inclines is also needed. In dayz you are able to Sprint up inclines that would have people tumble and fall in real life.

People really need to realize how steep some of these hills are.

Hope the sprinting up high angle inclines is also needed. In dayz you are able to Sprint up inclines that would have people tumble and fall in real life.

No...the steepest incline you are able to sprint up really isn't that steep...

If you remember, the incredibly steep angles force your character to walk, or jog, so you aren't "sprinting" up any steep angles.

• Like 1

No...the steepest incline you are able to sprint up really isn't that steep...

If you remember, the incredibly steep angles force your character to walk, or jog, so you aren't "sprinting" up any steep angles.

They are steep enough where the character should at the very least slow down.

A new animation for traversing steep hills would be nice.

They are steep enough where the character should at the very least slow down.

A new animation for traversing steep hills would be nice.

I'll have to disagree...there are times where I'm sprinting up like a 15 degree incline and suddenly my character is forced to stop and jog, and on the rare occasion walk, which is incredibly silly to me. 

Now I don't think you should be able to sprint up the side of a sheer-drop off, but atm I still the think the angles at which your characters slow down is a bit off. 

Heck, if someone would do the actual analysis and show the numbers, I may be mathematically wrong, but to me as it is now it seems ridiculous.

Edited by DeatHTaX