Sign in to follow this  
wil24567

Western European/American vehicles

Hello, forum. I understand there is quite the stigma against "western" items, but, I firmly believe modern euro/American vehicles have a place here.

We know that DayZ is set in a time after 1999, as signs in game have proved this. Seeing as this after the fall of the Soviet Union most of us believe that Chernarus was a part of, wouldn't that mean western vehicles have been trickling in from western markets?

For example, brands like Opel, Vauxhall, Ford, Chevrolet, and many others do have a place here, look at countries similar to Chernarus, such as Ukraine or Czech Republic. There are more than just Ladas and GAZ's and VAZ's and so on.

Of course, it is obvious that Chernarus is a poor country. If it becomes possible to enlarge the map and add in large urban areas, These vehicles should definitely become considered.

Thank you for taking the time to read this wall of text, and feel free to discuss below!

Drivable Hiluxes are in the works, if I'm not mistaken. The Mod had the VW Golf, though I'm not sure if that'll make the cut. I'll gladly take a Saab or Volvo if they ever make it to the game. Those things are nigh indestructable!

Drivable Hiluxes are in the works, if I'm not mistaken. The Mod had the VW Golf, though I'm not sure if that'll make the cut. I'll gladly take a Saab or Volvo if they ever make it to the game. Those things are nigh indestructable!

Nigh indestructible eh?

Someone needs to mod one in for us to "test" if they don't add one :-P

For example, brands like Opel, Vauxhall, Ford, Chevrolet, and many others do have a place here, look at countries similar to Chernarus, such as Ukraine or Czech Republic. There are more than just Ladas and GAZ's and VAZ's and so on

But if they'd put around ten different cars into the game and wanted to be authentic about it, those would be the most common cars in an eastern european country like Chenarus, then there'd be no Chevrolets and Fords in it.

It's not really that relevant yet though.

But if they'd put around ten different cars into the game and wanted to be authentic about it, those would be the most common cars in an eastern european country like Chenarus, then there'd be no Chevrolets and Fords in it.

It's not really that relevant yet though.

I see your point, I merely used those brands as examples, but both Chevrolet and Ford have a significant European presence, though there are more common brands.

We must also not discount Asian car brands as well.

Edited by WilBischof

I can't locate the post (It's buried somewhere in one of the many 'what year is it' topics that have more than likely gotten merged), but the 'guess' by one of the devs is that it's late 2013 at the earliest.  It's also been stated that Chenarus is a Post Soviet Republic.

Now that that's out of the way, I don't think We'd be seeing F-150s or Mustangs cruising down the asphalt.  I do think there'd be room for things like a Corsair or Galaxy, but the majority should be thinks like GAZs Skodas ect.

I can't locate the post (It's buried somewhere in one of the many 'what year is it' topics that have more than likely gotten merged), but the 'guess' by one of the devs is that it's late 2013 at the earliest. It's also been stated that Chenarus is a Post Soviet Republic.

Now that that's out of the way, I don't think We'd be seeing F-150s or Mustangs cruising down the asphalt. I do think there'd be room for things like a Corsair or Galaxy, but the majority should be thinks like GAZs Skodas ect.

I for one would like to see a wealthier part of Chernarus which would have the best chance of containing western vehicles. Edited by WilBischof

Problem with this is that we're not in a richer area of Chernarus... the vast majority of South Zagoria where we play is agriculture focused with a decent sized industrial sector and some commerce in the larger cities (Novo, Cherno, Elektro, etc.)

Most of the vehicles you'd find there would be older ones from around Eastern Europe that are only used to get the job done. That's not to say a few common Western cars would be a bad thing but I'd rather have vehicles like the UAZ-469 and whatnot first.

I do think having the HMMWV in the future would be nice - there are a considerable number of wrecks around so it's quite likely Chernarus used them (Being given to them as aid by the US following the 2009 war.)

Trabant.

XCpPmjy.jpg?1

Id take WarZ or H1Z1 over that 2 cycle POS.

Blasphemy! This proud road warrior was build in my hometown  :lol: .

-> Agilov

• Like 1

Its no 2 cycle POS! You obviously never drove lawn mower as otherwise you would know its fun as hell :) 

• Like 1

Problem with this is that we're not in a richer area of Chernarus... the vast majority of South Zagoria where we play is agriculture focused with a decent sized industrial sector and some commerce in the larger cities (Novo, Cherno, Elektro, etc.)

Most of the vehicles you'd find there would be older ones from around Eastern Europe that are only used to get the job done. That's not to say a few common Western cars would be a bad thing but I'd rather have vehicles like the UAZ-469 and whatnot first.

I do think having the HMMWV in the future would be nice - there are a considerable number of wrecks around so it's quite likely Chernarus used them (Being given to them as aid by the US following the 2009 war.)

I would personally like to see the wrecked cars around the map be able to be repaired to a point that they could be drivable

It would just take a really long time + Loads of crafting ingredients and even another car to take the wrecks to a garage

I would personally like to see the wrecked cars around the map be able to be repaired to a point that they could be drivable

It would just take a really long time + Loads of crafting ingredients and even another car to take the wrecks to a garage

Some of them maybe, but they shouldn't be any of the wreck models we have now - most of them are clearly damaged beyond repair and the amount of work it would take to convert world models into working vehicles would be pretty large.

Then again they could obviously just substitute it by making working versions of the wreck vehicle types and putting them in the spots where the wrecks are, but I don't think it'd be worth the time to make every possible fixable wreck on the map driveworthy.

• Like 1