Reg Park

2560 x 1440

anyone playing on resolution 2560 x 1440, how do you like it and compared to 1080p ??

anyone playing on resolution 2560 x 1440, how do you like it and compared to 1080p ??

Bis games more than any I've seen scale to the higher resolutions beautifully 

Is this related specifically to DayZ? I am downscaling / supersapmling any BIS game, as it's WAY less demanding than AA and looks absolutely beautiful.

The resolution will very likely be available anyway, as there are no preset ones in the engine, anything will usually work.

If it's about the general thing of 1440p monitors - I would suggest going with an Ultrawide one with an aspect of 21:9 instead. I really like the idea and as soon as I got myself a new Laptop this is going to be my next thing to acquire.

• Like 1

I am too old to notice the difference.  My wife already laughs when I lean in to try and figure out what I am looking at.

• Like 5

I am too old to notice the difference.  My wife already laughs when I lean in to try and figure out what I am looking at.

Fuuuuck me, I got both glasses and lean in to see more clearly. Tomorrow I shall buy myself a 55" screen to play in. Maybe I will finally see something.

• Like 2

I do. It's my monitors native resolution though.

Works great will never go back.

However if you can try to wait for a 144 hz ips monitor they will come out in 1440p soon.

Fuuuuck me, I got both glasses and lean in to see more clearly. Tomorrow I shall buy myself a 55" screen to play in. Maybe I will finally see something.

Hahaha right? 27" 2560x1440 here as well (very happy with it btw., it does look very good), but I still almost get stuck to the monitor every time i snipe, I've been as close as 25cm or something trying to see people above 800m xD it must look ridiculous :P

Edited by re-patch

34440 x 1440 works perfectly for Dayz ( so 1440p on an ultra wide monitor ,21x9) its also magic for field of vision being a first person only player that extra field of view from the wide screen makes it near perfect.....

This is something I'll be purchasing in the not too distant future as well. When I get my tax return in a few weeks I'll be building a new rig to support it, then I'll grab a 2K monitor a few weeks later to go with it. I have 1080p monitor to use in the meantime thankfully.

OP: What kind of setup do you have to play on a 1440p display?

Does anyone play using DSR? Tried it at 1440p scaled down to my native 1650x1080.

reason im asking is because i just built a new rig but have same monitor, thinking about also replacing monitor with 2560x1440 144hz monitor (like the asus rog), wondering if it's worth it, etc...

not sure how true this is but was reading the tn vs ips debate is ips has better color/viewing angles no doubt but the response time isn't quite there compared to tn panels...for gaming, or at least online gaming, tn still is preferred choice.