Max Planck

'Total: Warhammer' is official!

Chaos warriors are pre-order????

Yes. Likely you can buy them separate as a DLC after the release but it's still a big joke. Especially when Chaos Warriors look almost like the most finished faction and there's 6 months before the release...

Yes. Likely you can buy them separate as a DLC after the release but it's still a big joke. Especially when Chaos Warriors look almost like the most finished faction and there's 6 months before the release...

I was going to buy this as I love Warhammer though now they can go take a hike. There's no rush to play it anyway so I'll wait until the price drops then I'll grab it. I'll get all the dlc's then for less than the initial cost I think.

Hmm, SEGA did a big fuzzup with ACM in relation to being associated with release of marketing content not representative of the final product.

I wonder if in any of the pre-release marketing gameplay footage, if the narrator/driver's actions suggested through active manipulation of units, that chaos units/faction was controllable leading to the assumption that they would be included in the base final product?

Where's Randy Pitchford when you've a strong tree and some rope?

Edited by q.S Sachiel

I was going to buy this as I love Warhammer though now they can go take a hike. There's no rush to play it anyway so I'll wait until the price drops then I'll grab it. I'll get all the dlc's then for less than the initial cost I think.

Just to add to this point - I just bought Alien Isolation on steam for £20, half the original price of the game and I got all the DLC's plus the season pass.

The thing is, when you amass a load of games you are spoiled for choice on what to play and you only have so much time. This is why I wasn't bothered about getting AI and by waiting (because I have a ton of other games I'm playing) I saved money and got everything.

I've been playing this a lot since it released, and I really, really like it. I think they hit the 'WHFB feel' just right and the factions/races play very differently which makes the game feel vastly bigger than it is. 

It actually happened: it's good! CA, I forgive you for Rome2. Officially, like.

I can't wait for the next parts of the trilogy, I want them elves! Also Skaven.

Anybody else playing this? Any opinions?

EDIT: I lied in the OP, ended up preordering anyway like an idiot. I'm glad I did though, like an idiot.

Edited by Max Planck

I didn't pre-order but I bought in the first day :P

Yeah I also forgive Rome 2 because this game feels very enjoyable. CA has done good job bringing the Warhammer feeling in the game. I'll be playing some tabletop later because my friend got excited about it again because of this.

I'm waiting for the Tomb Kings if/when they come.

Also remember that this is the Fantasy Battle, not the lame Age of Sigmar that replaced good old FB. Games Workshop killed the tabletop about 1 year ago but at least they sold rights for CA to make this game.

Edited by St. Jimmy

On 8/2/2016 at 9:55 PM, St. Jimmy said:

Also remember that this is the Fantasy Battle, not the lame Age of Sigmar that replaced good old FB. Games Workshop killed the tabletop about 1 year ago but at least they sold rights for CA to make this game.

Exactly. I still can't believe that GW went and killed WHFB, it's like they took a stroll into my brain and took a shit on my childhood/early teens. We ought to strap that whole bunch of sorry monsters to a rocket and launch them into the sun for this unforgivable travesty. There, it had to be said.

Total Warhammer is a saving grace though, it just might preserve Warhammer Fantasy for a great many years if CA's grand plan holds up. And it's not like I have the time to play tabletop anymore, nor the inclination to pay for it. If I end up buying every single expansion and DLC, I'll still end up paying just a fraction of what I spent on little pointy-hatted metal dudes in the early 90's. 

I like the total war, but as a total war fan, i was hoping to see much more then a total war warhammer basic edition of total war games.

It is rather cut down in the total war series. Mods are making it much more enjoyable but after the first big round of battles, it gets rather dull. Same old battles, as the total war series.

I really think this TW franchise is basically rehashing most of the same things year after year.

If they want to really become something special do something like Mount and blade, and or siege battles where you control the catapult or something. Point and click games are dull after you own all of them.

I am only lacking Total War:Shogun 1 which i was about to purchase once, but held off.

So!

Total Warhammer 2 has been out for a while, and is also good. I'm playing with the Steel Faith 2 mod, which I think adds a lot to the experience. If anybody would like to play some battles (maybe with house rules for army composition?), I'd totally be up for it.