boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

Are servers working? No dead servers? I want to try to go to prison island tonight.

I'd ask that again tonight....  If you know what I mean.

I'd ask that again tonight.... If you know what I mean.

I hope they can last at least few restarts.

That would be enough for me ;-)

Its school night! Lol

in case anybody's wondering how the new patch works, I experienced still a lot of lag/desync/rubberbanding, and found only 1 first person server in EU

Edited by sfx

Am i just beeing really dense, or is it impossible to ignite the new campfire kit?

I just found out last night you have to put either 3 Firewood, or 5 Sticks into it to create a Fireplace.  I tried it twice inside a building and it glitched and disappeared, then I did it outside and it worked.  It also consumes firewood now.

• Like 4

Lots of fun with the trucks, they still won't brake when you turn the engine off though :/

Managed to stockpile me a little camp when two of the UK-servers went down - kinda hoping they'll be back up soon..?

They went crazy with the map additions! There are FOUR new graveyards (plus the old one at Gvozdno for a total of 5) at Berezino, Pavlovo, Prigorodki, and Pustoshka. All that and the two islands. I need to have a look up North...

• Like 3

I need to have a look up North...

Yes you do. :) Lots of new stuff up here as well. New farms, barracks-like buildings in there, not to mention everything that was added with 0.52.

Does anyone else have trouble connecting to the game via Steam?

Those were just steam servers, it should be okay now.

Can anyone explain to me why the fireplace despawns? Just set one up with a tripod and cooking pot before I went hunting. Came back and added the meat to the pot and worked on my garden plot to get plants growing while I cooked, as I wasn't sure how fast it would cook the meat. Finished up watering the plants and went to light the fire...and it's gone!!

Why should it despawn? Had a nice little camp going with a tent, garden plot and the fireplace...now I need to find the tripod and cooking pot again...

I am loving the flare gun! I've heard they only light things up on the user's screen, but once they work properly... Somehow I think it's going to be a grand fireworks show across Chernarus when they do!

I am loving the flare gun! I've heard they only light things up on the user's screen, but once they work properly... Somehow I think it's going to be a grand fireworks show across Chernarus when they do!

Should be fixed. ;)

Should be fixed. ;)

Sweet! Going to shoot some right now and see if I catch anything :D

Yes you do. :) Lots of new stuff up here as well. New farms, barracks-like buildings in there, not to mention everything that was added with 0.52.

Anywhere in particular I should be looking? As of 0.52, there were only two towns that hadn't been implemented yet: Nagornoe and Smirnovo. Well, I'm happy to report Nagornoe is now in 0,53 :)

I also saw a construction site in the northwest that I've never seen before. Not at the Central Railway Station, but south of Lopatino... has that always been there? (coordinates 023 062)

Were you in Novodmitrovsk on DE 0-5 just a bit ago? ;) We had an impromptu fireworks show. I headed over there to use the flare gun I had just picked up when I noticed a flashlight towards the top of the tower. I shot my flare up over the tower and they proceeded to light a roadflare at the top of the tower! :) I saw at least one other person on the ground shoot a flare up in the air from the other side of the city as well. I hate that I didn't get a screenshot of this part in particular, but the best part was that someone accidentally walked off the top of the tower and fell to their death :D

QJJxy4d.jpg

XzmpXQX.jpg

yNxiIlu.jpg

1ys06r6.jpg

g2qvoyA.jpg

dUcxjNe.jpg

• Like 2

Just found a heli crash at NWAF, it was a UH1N, BUT, all I found was a buttstock and an SKS.  I was at the site with in minutes of a server restart, I was on AUS/NZ 02 Experimental.

Edited by Barnabus

Flare guns are working properly, I used them last night with a friend and a few strangers.  We were playing a night time server and lighting up Cherno and Elektro, was quite the sight.

Anywhere in particular I should be looking? As of 0.52, there were only two towns that hadn't been implemented yet: Nagornoe and Smirnovo. Well, I'm happy to report Nagornoe is now in 0,53 :)

I also saw a construction site in the northwest that I've never seen before. Not at the Central Railway Station, but south of Lopatino... has that always been there? (coordinates 023 062)

Good to hear that Nagornoe is in place! Haven't been up north in a while.

As for that construction site - it's been there just about as long as I can remember. :)

Edit: Damn. By the time I'm done with school for the day it seems no US servers are working.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

Hey is there any loot in exp last time I checked there was nothing . and have the .52 items in yet green paramedic jacket cleaver ext. Oh and have any of you guys gone to the prison island yet if you have is a good Idea to go there.

Has anyone figured out how to make a useable fireplace? I tried to put wooden sticks in it, then wooden logs, but it still doesn't let me ignite it.

Has anyone figured out how to make a useable fireplace? I tried to put wooden sticks in it, then wooden logs, but it still doesn't let me ignite it.

You have to put in 5 wooden sticks or 3 firewood. It's fairly exact.

You have to put in 5 wooden sticks or 3 firewood. It's fairly exact.

I did that. But my matches didn't give me the option to ignite fire like it used to be. Just nothing. I also didn't see additional slots in the fireplace to place the food for cooking. So no cooking steaks and no warming up for me in the Experimental.

I did that. But my matches didn't give me the option to ignite fire like it used to be. Just nothing. I also didn't see additional slots in the fireplace to place the food for cooking. So no cooking steaks and no warming up for me in the Experimental.

Once you add the 5 sticks/3 logs it *should* turn from the fireplace kit into a fireplace. At this point there should be slots to add items. If not - you may be on too steep of terrain (which was an issue I was having). If it's not that, then no idea.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

It's been real everyone. See you when 0.54 needs tested :)

• Like 2