boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

Yes, most likely in the coming hours. See the tweet from Hicks I posted a page or two back in this thread.

Thanks mate, I must of missed that when I read through this thread :)

I got picked up by a "hacker" in a flying truck and drove around the map.  I was running west of Cherno and he just popped up in a truck and asked if I wanted a lift, I was like WTF I didnt even hear you! He took me to the Prison and took me around to all the military areas, then gave me his truck with full fuel.  Very interesting encounter.  I also found a flare gun and shot a flare, that was fun.

^^^THIS^^^ had better not be true come time for the release of this patch. 

• Like 1

I've been unable to craft an improvised knife so far in 0.53.

I was able to craft one without much problem on the shores of Skalisty. (Finally got the chance to explore some new additions.)

Edit: At what part those it fails? Do you have the option to craft, the animation starts and the item never appears?

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Edit: At what part those it fails? Do you have the option to craft, the animation starts and the item never appears?

Exactly what happened to me, option to craft, get the animation, rock disappears from hand, rock knife never appears in hand or in inventory.  I just kept going until I got one.  Almost but not quite what was happening with the splint, except I never lost anything with that.  Did make a splint and use it with no issues so far by the way.

Is it me or is dark really dark right now, it seems there is not nearly as much ambient light as before?  Especially when it is raining out.  Light and shadows seem much more serious now, inside buildings seem even darker than before where the light levels used to be the same inside as out.  I am gonna head for the mines and see what is what up that way.  I am NOT a gamma adjuster, those settings are at default and will stay that way.  I like the night because I rule at night.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Yep it killed my internet a few times. Kind of nostalgic. Could've been because I removed the 75ms filter.

Was battleye even on in exp? I only played for an hour or so and then couldn't get back on a server so reverted to stable then a weird thing happened. I joined a server then dayz minimized and an dos style window popped up saying battleye was updating. It worked fine after that.

How's the loot spawning in exp? I noticed some towns with absolutely nothing and others where it seemed like locusts had ripped through.

Are the servers down again? I havent been able to get on a server since 0.53 was launched, just says "Wait on host..." or "Connecting failed", also every single server is either full or empty

I am intrigued as to whether this message is legit or not.

freakgamerr was ingame, not sure who or what JohnFromTS is !

DayZ UK 0-18 (Experimental/Unstable) at  ‏‎22:07 (gmt+2) last night (Friday 30th)

dJVcK71.png

No resolution problems here.

All exp servers were full last night, more servers should be on-line later today (all being well).

• Like 1

Exactly what happened to me, option to craft, get the animation, rock disappears from hand, rock knife never appears in hand or in inventory.

Exactly what Barnabus said. I'm sure I just didn't attempt enough times. I am still used to 0.52 where it works instantly every time.

• Like 1

Can't connect to any exp. servers, anyone having the same issues?

E/ Realized that the empty servers are bugged, nevermind.

Edited by Netzzwerg

Can't connect to any exp. servers, anyone having the same issues?

E/ Realized that the empty servers are bugged, nevermind.

More should be coming online in the next... I dunno... 6 hours or so? Unless Hicks became more ill, he should be working on it presently.

So this is a simple question about .53.

I could find out for myself, but I believe that it will be faster to post here, and it will help others by not making them have to find out elsewhere.

So, I know that there is the new prison island in .53, but I do not want to swim across to the island if my backpack and gun is going to drop.

Did they ever fix this? Or with the .53, or what?

Any answers would be appreciated.

i'd like that you don't hear anymore when you are dead od unconcious. there is too much garbage told. and either allow to talk back or (what i prefer) mute everything

• Like 2

I am intrigued as to whether this message is legit or not.

freakgamerr was ingame, not sure who or what JohnFromTS is !

DayZ UK 0-18 (Experimental/Unstable) at  ‏‎22:07 (gmt+2) last night (Friday 30th)

dJVcK71.png

No resolution problems here.

All exp servers were full last night, more servers should be on-line later today (all being well).

I saw the same thing (different names, of course) on stable, I think it was yesterday.

Any answers would be appreciated.

I managed to pick mine up the last time it happened.

Exactly what Barnabus said. I'm sure I just didn't attempt enough times. I am still used to 0.52 where it works instantly every time.

The thing is, after some testing, the lags/desync/rubber banding/ stuck in "receiving" state seem to be only on 3PP servers. I've tried all the servers yesterday (the ones that were not down at that time) and no matter if it was 10 players or a full 50 on 50 server, if it was 3PP there was some lag issues every 7-8 mins or so, and on 1PP none what so ever.

Interactions on 3PP seemed delayed and out of sync, while I tired crafting the improvised knife on 1PP and could do it on the first attempt every single time.

But now there's no server online so let's hope next time they come up, it's fixed!

Lastly, it seem the animal AI was reverted back to what it was before, as I was starving yesterday and saw a deer, tried to kill it with a machete as I didn't have any guns, and I easily took him out. Saw another one later, and could do the same thing without any trouble...

2i1gugl.jpg

1ifsp2.jpg

I couldn't place the meat directly in the camp fire and had to put them in the cooking pot. Part of the updated cooking mechanic.

The other deer.

3ehsi.jpg

Was surviving on berries and apples. Now I have a garden hoe, pumpkin seeds and zucchini seeds too.

w06cqw.jpg

Finally made it to the new prison facility. Fantastic place. Clearly this place's gonna become a base for a lot of players/clans and groups.

2il24qo.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2uas2c/unofficial_datamining_for_experimental_130_053_2/

According to that discussion, tanned leather should now work using an animal pelt and garden lime. Somebody try this! I'm stuck at work for another 6 hours :P

Damn, wasted 2 deer pelts and left them in the woods cause the option to craft the leather pouch wasn't working. I hope the improvised leather backpack using boar pelt is still working. (And doesn't require lime to tan it first!)

i'd like that you don't hear anymore when you are dead od unconcious. there is too much garbage told. and either allow to talk back or (what i prefer) mute everything

The insults and disgrace we hear when dying or dead just prompt me to respawn as fast as I can. But when stuck unconscious, there's no way to avoid it except to turn off the volume or force respawn.

Some players are completely insane. It something exclusive to online gaming too. This is when games lose their entertainment value fast, as it's the sole purpose for their existence.

Anyway, I'm 100% with you.

• Like 3

Finally made it to the new prison facility. Fantastic place. Clearly this place's gonna become a base for a lot of players/clans and groups.

It's going to be an interesting place to visit, that's for sure. I was lucky enough to get 45 peaceful minutes to myself the first time I arrived there and used the opportunity to explore it fully. I doubt that will ever be the case again unless I join servers that are near-empty. All we need now for epic action is boats... when those are added, the dynamic of this island will change -- for better or worse.

• Like 1

It's going to be an interesting place to visit, that's for sure. I was lucky enough to get 45 peaceful minutes to myself the first time I arrived there and used the opportunity to explore it fully. I doubt that will ever be the case again unless I join servers that are near-empty. All we need now for epic action is boats... when those are added, the dynamic of this island will change -- for better or worse.

I met friendly players with guns there.

I agree that it is an interesting place. Hopefully there will be much good loot on the island so it would stay a popular place. It will be a good place for many epic battles.

Edited by Ristinolla

This would be more fun if there was some loot to find after the first 50 guys spawned in.

Spawning in only to pass out from lack of food sucks.

Gathering kindling should not take an edged weapon..

Love the game though.. Keep up the great work.

Edited by serelaw

things just disappear when you throw them?

i tried Hatchet, Flashlight, and a Campfire.. everything just disappears while the throw animation

Interestingly enough, I think they actually appear where you picked them up originally. I tossed a lit chemlight and all of a sudden a building lit up a little ways behind me where I originally picked it up.

Gathering kindling should not take an edged weapon..

It doesn't. Go to the woods and check around the bases of trees, you should get a 'search for kindling' option on the scroll wheel menu.