MatchboxChick

Tired running around for trucks >=[

Hello all,

Been playing DayZ for a good while now, since trucks were first implemented, I had no trouble finding them at their limited spawn location across the map. Since I believe they have been adding new spawn points for the truck, I have had 0 luck. I cannot find one single truck and I have literally searched for hours. I mean maybe across the few weeks I play, maybe 7 hours just searching for trucks. Searched well over a dozan locations, and searched them countless times.

been going off this map - http://www.izurvive.com/chernarusplussatmap.html

and also the standard MB map.

Can someone please help me!!!!? Where do they most commonly spawn?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~ Ash

found one a few minutes ago. they're out there

Hello all,

Been playing DayZ for a good while now, since trucks were first implemented, I had no trouble finding them at their limited spawn location across the map. Since I believe they have been adding new spawn points for the truck, I have had 0 luck. I cannot find one single truck and I have literally searched for hours. I mean maybe across the few weeks I play, maybe 7 hours just searching for trucks. Searched well over a dozan locations, and searched them countless times.

~ Ash

So don't run for trucks :P

I always go from Zelenogorsk to Vybor before server restarts. And most luck i had in Pustoshka, south of Vybor. 

You poor baby ....... pahahahahahaha! Seriously, "Day Z Problems" over here...

-Ahem-

There are currently only three trucks spawning per server, to my knowledge. Adding more spawn points only makes it harder to find them. Statistically, if you are looking by yourself, you are unlikely to find one.

Want to find and use a (buggy, glitchy, and loud AS FUCK) truck? Join a clan.

Oh, and there is likely going to not be any more than 10-20 VEHICLES (not just trucks, but vehicles TOTAL) per server once they all get finished, which is AWESOME. Get used to walking, because unless you are in a clan that is deliberately searching for a vehicle, you probably will never get one. Which, again, is good. More survival-focused, as well as rewarding and promoting group play.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2iax7g/hicks_opinion_no_more_than_10_vehicles_on_an/

• Like 2

How ironic - people used to complain there wasn't vehicles yet - now its "I have run everywhere to find one" - clearly there's a pattern here hmmm...

• Like 4

What is the deal with people hunting trucks? Unless you have a very short window of play time tramping by foot is still the best way of travel. You don't miss anything and your travel is far more stealthy, whereas with a truck you make a shit load of noise and miss everything.

• Like 1

I don't go actively hunting trucks, but since their implementation i've seen only one. I couldn't figure out how to work it so I left it. I assume it was out of fuel (not that it has any gauge or indicators of any sort regarding the condition of the vehicle), which is nice and all, except that jerry cans have so far demonstrated to be almost as rare as the trucks and are virtually uncarriable.

It's just not worth it.

There are currently only three trucks spawning per server, to my knowledge.

Five, with 70 possible spawnpoints in 0.52

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

I'm not interested in finding trucks due to the noise, but everytime I find a jerrycan, I make a point of emptying it just for shits and giggles. Gotta love denying people something they crave.

• Like 5

I don't go actively hunting trucks, but since their implementation i've seen only one. I couldn't figure out how to work it so I left it. I assume it was out of fuel (not that it has any gauge or indicators of any sort regarding the condition of the vehicle), which is nice and all, except that jerry cans have so far demonstrated to be almost as rare as the trucks and are virtually uncarriable.

It's just not worth it.

Gas meter inside works.

I found one in the city slightly NW of NWAF. It was cool! It greatly reduced my travel time back east. Of course, I lucked out by spotting it suddenly and by accident as I moved through a field and just turned my head to peek at the spawn point.

Edited by PhillyT
  • Like 1

I've found three trucks now,all in working order without even looking for them.Just stumbled upon them,fired them up and went for a ride.I was not able to figure out a way to refuel them at a filling station and the only fuel cans I have found have never been around a vehicle so did not get to try a fuel can yet to refill a vehicle.The trucks are loud and ok to rip across the map for a reason but not very practical to use for every day travel as some have mentioned there very loud!

There out there,and like all things in DayZ if you really really want it then it will be very very hard to find....

if you do not want it or need it or are not looking for it..... well then whatever it is spawns all over the damn place :lol:

trust me you wouldn't want a truck, yesterday I heard a very loud truck from about a 800 meters away and once I saw him it was an easy kill.

Driving trucks is an easy way to be heard from miles away easily and also become a bullet magnet.

For now IMO it's pointless to look for a truck

- they're loud

- they make attention

- they don't carry stuff

- if you encounter somebody who isnt friendly you are more likely dead because of buggy exiting

- they're slow

- they dissapears after restarts

It's only worth to look for it if you havent seen one before and want to check them for a first time.

You poor baby ....... pahahahahahaha! Seriously, "Day Z Problems" over here...

-Ahem-

There are currently only three trucks spawning per server, to my knowledge. Adding more spawn points only makes it harder to find them. Statistically, if you are looking by yourself, you are unlikely to find one.

Want to find and use a (buggy, glitchy, and loud AS FUCK) truck? Join a clan.

Oh, and there is likely going to not be any more than 10-20 VEHICLES (not just trucks, but vehicles TOTAL) per server once they all get finished, which is AWESOME. Get used to walking, because unless you are in a clan that is deliberately searching for a vehicle, you probably will never get one. Which, again, is good. More survival-focused, as well as rewarding and promoting group play.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2iax7g/hicks_opinion_no_more_than_10_vehicles_on_an/

Calm down bro, this is zombie survival...Not a Bear Grylls simulator, sorry to burst your bubble.

Calm down bro, this is zombie survival...Not a Bear Grylls simulator, sorry to burst your bubble.

Hmm?

1) They aren't "zombies", they are regular people (aka still alive, with all that entails) infected with a maybe-prion disease.

2) A survival game is a survival game, regardless of the actual theme. Not entirely sure what the "zombie survival" has to do with "Bear Grylls simulator".

3) What the hell does your post have to do with mine? The point remains that vehicles will (at least, on actual unmodded servers) NEVER be common. Read that link again: "10 working vehicles per server"

Hello all,

~ Ash

I've found the trucks I've gotten in Svetlo, Mogilevka and either CP or Karmanovka, I forget which.  Apparently the area around Zelenogorsk is pretty good for trucks, though I only read that somewhere.

I think the truck spawn is oke at the moment. 5 per serer i find more then enough. They should however make other forms of transportation available.

I dont care what you say i liked that skateboard idea!! :)

Bicycles or motors may also be implemented as far as im concerned.

BUT i think they need parts. Truck also

In true DAYZ fashion I always seem to have no trouble finding them when I could care less about finding them.   I have found 4 so far while looking for heli crash sites.

Stick to the small, backwater towns. The most obvious places are the ones that are going to get the trucks taken first. 

Until vehicles are persistent what's the point?

Until vehicles are persistent what's the point?

Hmmm to test, to break them and help identify problems ?

Hmm?

1) They aren't "zombies", they are regular people (aka still alive, with all that entails) infected with a maybe-prion disease.

Come on now. We all call them zombies lol. No need to nit pick.  :rolleyes:

Edited by DeatHTaX

Come on now. We all call them zombies lol. No need to nit pick.  :rolleyes:

We could just follow the "Don't call 'em zombies" trope, and come up with names for them ourselves.