Sign in to follow this  
FirstAidPoetry

FPS trouble while turning

I recently changed up my hardware and decided to try and entice the somewhat underperforming DayZ into working decently, again.

The problem is, everything runs fine even on all highest setting (1920x1200 with highest setting) EXCEPT..for when I turn to look around. Even indoors this was horrible and causes me to stumble around and miss door openings and generally behave like a drunk. Lowering settings actually do not help much at all.

From what I can tell DayZ panics and reads from the drive extensively every time that I look around. In spite of me having plenty of free RAM (system RAM total: 8 GiB) and VRAM (3 GiB). Moving the installation to my SSD helped a bit, but it's still not working well enough to not frustrate the heck out of me while playing.

Does anyone have any tips to get this to work? Surely it must be some sort of bug where the game refuses to cache all the textures or something?

Some info:

Windows 8.1 64 bit, all updates.

System is drive error free, virii free, no trojans, spyware, adware etc.

Latest WHQL driver from AMD.

Tried with two different sound cards (Creative X-fi Gamer and Realtek onboard crap)

CPU: Intel i5 760i (2.8GHz but running at 4.09GHz, stable and cool)

GPU: AMD Radeon R9-280x, 3 GIB RAM

RAM: 8 GIB DDR3

Drive: Corsair F3-series 120GB

Sound: Creative X-fi Extreme Gamer.

System works great with pretty much every other game I toss at it.

ANY help what so ever would be appreciated. It's only fun to roleplay a drunk person THAT long.