Sign in to follow this  
cruiseashimself

Items in your hot keys

Hey guys. I have a different suggestion that's not about gameplay, zombies or complaining about something. It's about the Hot key UI

Now that we can garden I find myself switching to carry the shovel or the axe. While gearing up I tend to dump the lesser hand gun or rifle for the new pristine one I just found. with this I always tend to use the same Hot keys for certain items.

1 is melee/tool, 2 is handgun and 3 is the rifle (if I have a hand gun other it's in 2 slot). The rest are just based on what I have and it's importance/need.  

Now I know EVERYONE kits out different but what if the type of weapon/tool stay persistent to the hotkey you set it too.

for example: I already have a crow bar in my number 3 hot key but I found a fire axe, when drag the crow out of my inventory to drop and I pick up the fire axe and drag it to my inventory, it would override the number 3 hot key and default to it since I already have that type of weapon queued there. Same would go for the hand gun or rifle. If you find a new hand gun and pick it up. If you already have the same type of weapon in your hot keys it would replace that one. Given you drop the current one prior.

Currently it just "grays out" when you drop the item, so the queue stays there, you just don't have the item anymore.

Thanks for reading this. Looking forward to hearing what you guys think.

Edited by BMAF
  • Like 1

That's funny I used basically the same setup, except I usually have  the rest of my hotbar also set for specific items.

1- Melee

2- Handgun

3- Rifle

4- First aid kit

5- Compass (don't really use it, right click and inspect in inventory instead)

6- Map

7- Binoculars

8 and 9- Items I won't always carry but might need like lockpicks, handcuffs, knife, rangefinder, etc.

• Like 1