Sign in to follow this  
degude

Fuel Types / Engine Types

Hi,

With the new trucks in DayZ, this idea came into my mind after some hours of driving (and refueling).

Why not add two different types of fuel? It could make the search for gasoline (which is pretty easy right now) more challenging. I think two fuel types are enough in order to make the game not too complex. When some day the fuel in gas stations will become limited, this will play a bigger role. Additionally some gas stations could have only one type of fuel (e.g. millitary only diesel). Canisters found in barns should contain gasoline only, which is the fuel for all garden equippment (2-stroke gasoline works also in 4-stroke engines). Canisters in garages could contain both types.

Gasoline:

The classic gasoline which a majority of the smaller cars drive.

- Doesn't drive with diesel at all

- Fueling the wrong fuel doesn't damage the engine

- In order to drive again after fueling diesel, diesel has to be removed and gasoline has to be fueled

Diesel:

The diesel is always used by trucks and often by all-terrain vehicles due to it's high torque and lower fuel consumption.

- A diesel engine can run on nearly everything that burns (alcohol, gasoline, etc.), but this damages the injection pumps, which will get ruined after a while if you don't refuel diesel.

- Needs to be vented after it ran out of fuel (rolling down a hill for a few hundret meters works also fine, but may damage injection pumps)

I'm not sure whether the venting and fuel exchanging are to complex for the game, but I just wanted to list up the basics of fueling (the wrong fuel).

Note: This is a suggestion for the end stage of the development, in alpha or early beta it would probably make the game just unnecessarily complex.

i like the idea of multiple kinds of fuel, but two won't be enough once air transportation gets implemented

some airplanes might work with gasoline, but the turbine of a helicopter would propably get ruined if you tried that irl

so we would need kerosine for helis as well

also if there were different types of fuel, you would need a way to test which kind you got in a canister