synystr

Damage and dead bodies

Damage

Players shouldn't be able to retaliate after being shot with fatal damage. There is that one second or so gap between when he should be dead and when he actually is dead and that might not seem like much, but that's enough time for them to do serious damage to you or kill you. And its not impossible to make near instant damage calculations, I mean, every other shooter does it right. And please, don't give the whole "Oh, you're not a game dev" defence. 

Bodies

Bodies disappear WAY to quickly. After the incident that cause me to write the above paragraph happened, I ran back to the site (Prigorodki to Bor - Travel time 10-15 minutes) only to find his and my bodies gone. That is considerably frustrating adding that to how he managed to kill me while dying.

I know its in alpha but come on, mechanics should be polished before adding in pink striped balaclavas.

Edited by Synystr
  • Like 1

Bodies disappear WAY to quickly.

I agree 100%

When the SA game out there was one experience I had with a couple friends that can never happen again with the way the game currently is.

We arrived at Zelenogorsk to check out the barracks there and found a body in the open.

Alright, time to be more cautious.

Another body.

Another.

Another body.

There were about six or so bodies there and none of them were touched. It looked like they had a large firefight and nobody lived. Not a single person. All their weapons were there, all of their clothing and backpacks were full. We quickly grabbed what we could and searched for anyone around but realized we were alone. It was an interesting experience and we were wondering just how long ago it happened.

Then the 10minute until cleanup rule happened and that'll never happen again.

Damage

Players shouldn't be able to retaliate after being shot with fatal damage. 

I'm sure that the gap between a player being fatally shot doesn't happen every time. I've dropped people with a headshot and they have gone down instantly. I think it's a server issue. Like all the issues in the game...kinda...

...but you're right about the bodies, though. They disappear far too quickly. A dead body with all the loot that the murderer didn't take is quite a find. The cleanup on bodies should happen much slower. Maybe...an hour. Maybe two. To make sure that Bambi bodies don't stack up because coastal spawning sucks and too many people go there to kill fresh spawns...just have the amount of loot on the body determine how long it would take for the body to be cleaned up. 

Edited by Rags
  • Like 1

I agree 100%

When the SA game out there was one experience I had with a couple friends that can never happen again with the way the game currently is.

We arrived at Zelenogorsk to check out the barracks there and found a body in the open.

Alright, time to be more cautious.

Another body.

Another.

Another body.

There were about six or so bodies there and none of them were touched. It looked like they had a large firefight and nobody lived. Not a single person. All their weapons were there, all of their clothing and backpacks were full. We quickly grabbed what we could and searched for anyone around but realized we were alone. It was an interesting experience and we were wondering just how long ago it happened.

Then the 10minute until cleanup rule happened and that'll never happen again.

100% positive that was a hacker was any of their stuff ruined? probably not hackers just turn invisible and hit people in the head with a fire axe then leave the body for bait to attract more people

100% positive that was a hacker was any of their stuff ruined? probably not hackers just turn invisible and hit people in the head with a fire axe then leave the body for bait to attract more people

No man, They were facing eachother and gear was damaged.

Guarantee they had a firefight before we started doing our surveillance of Zelenogorsk from the South hills.

You also have to take latency into account. Disparities between what is happening on your screen and what is happening on your opponent's screen will more often than not give the time to the other one to react to the shots before the actual information of being dead reaches the server.

Damage

Players shouldn't be able to retaliate after being shot with fatal damage. There is that one second or so gap between when he should be dead and when he actually is dead and that might not seem like much, but that's enough time for them to do serious damage to you or kill you. And its not impossible to make near instant damage calculations, I mean, every other shooter does it right. And please, don't give the whole "Oh, you're not a game dev" defence. 

Bodies

Bodies disappear WAY to quickly. After the incident that cause me to write the above paragraph happened, I ran back to the site (Prigorodki to Bor - Travel time 10-15 minutes) only to find his and my bodies gone. That is considerably frustrating adding that to how he managed to kill me while dying.

I know its in alpha but come on, mechanics should be polished before adding in pink striped balaclavas.

I agree too. Especially with the latency thing. Anytime I'm in a firefight where timing is crucial, that shit happens. Then my buddies who are still alive report back with "Yeah, you got him." It gets frustrating.

Worse than that, I hate the gunplay in this game. I can't describe it well but the gunplay is so... wonky, I suppose. It's not like other shooters.

if nothing else there could be some huge blood stains left. i too, would love to see bodies to stay longer. It would be awesome if it had a "condition" and would slowly degrade.

would be lovely if bodies would attrack wild life such as wolfpacks or crows. 

I most definately agree with bodies disappearing too fast.

They're an ideal indicator that someone may be in the area or simply an area you just shouldn't go. Such as, a sniper killing freshspawns in Electro: If the bodies pile up in the streets, it tells everyone else where the sniper is probably shooting from. Having them disappear too quickly is just rewarding cowardly behaviour and encouraging said sniper to stay where he is.