SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

anyone knows when is new patch or when will they fix military tents' inventory scrolling? :(

Is loot broken on stable ? I just checked pavlovo mil base and there wasn't a single items in any of 4 barracks. 

Is loot broken on stable ? I just checked pavlovo mil base and there wasn't a single items in any of 4 barracks. 

Was it on public hive? and is the persistance on, on that server?

If so, probably people server hopping, also persistance loot spawning is broken. 

Edited by Dafix

anyone knows when is new patch or when will they fix military tents' inventory scrolling? :(

I'm thinking the first build of 0.53 will go to Experimental this coming Wednesday based on their desire to release it to Stable by the end of the month.

After a very long break from the game, I've decided to give it a try and see what has changed.

The good:

- Hunting

- cooking

- cannibalism ( had a game session dedicated to that - ended sick and dead :(  )

- pink dress ( picture an encounter with a player with the following loadout: no pants, Pink Dress, Pink Hat, Wellies, Child Briefcase. Axe )

- V3S

- Zombies ( no more getting hits, from invisible zombies, or zombies that are not facing you .. :thumbsup:  ) 

- New locations / items / ...

- private hives ( whitelist servers are now "legal". And this is a very good way to avoid hackers )

- cold / hot player status.

- Persistency.

- pbo hack fixed ?? ( i guess it has been fixed )

The bad:

- Framerate dropping inside towns ( hopefully this will be fixed when the new engine will be released)

- Hackers ( really "fun" to trolled by an invisible player )

- V3S ( unable to go over a fence with the truck.... really?  >:( )

Although the new features are really nice, there are still 2 critical issues that make the game unplayable.

Framerate: It's hard to play in the towns at 20 fps. ( drop from 80 - 100 outside towns )

Hackers: The probability to find a hacker in game is very high on servers with 25+ players. This is a problem, because I really enjoy playing on full server. 

I guess it's time for a new break.  :(

Was it on public hive? and is the persistance on, on that server?

If so, probably people server hopping, also persistance loot spawning is broken. 

Yes, well I would assume that too but most doors where shut, and there would be at least one or two items anyway, something badly damaged or just common. 

Seems to be alot more zombies spawning since I have been playing this past 5 days or so.. I've been attacked from multiple angles at the same time etc and its alot more action packed than usual ..they zombies seem to stop spawning after you fire a shot or 2 they keep coming in small groups of 2-5.. LOVE IT.. I can feel more zombies incoming in the near future ! WoOo !!

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Like 2

^^^I haven't played much lately because I kept running through town after town with hardly any zombies in them at all....

i have come across lootgasm christmas trees where i sorted through 100+ teddy bears and didnt see a pistol silencer. 

Sorry, got there first  :blush: got pristine NATO & EAST silencer. Picked another one for my buddy.I had to move like 5 hunting backpacks of teddies before i got to the good ones tho.

I have a friend who constantly catches rabbits on the latest patch, so, confirming, they are working.

I second this. My friend caught a rabbit several times. We caught one just outside msta as i was picking up feathers for my bow.

(about 10min) We weren't anywhere near (about 100m away) the trap during those 10min.Got a rabbit pelt which i couldnt use for anything. small pile of guts and 1(maybe two) pieces of rabbit meat.

Second one we caught just outside stary sobor.Im sure the rabbit just spawns inside the trap after X minutes.Or theres a chance it will.

I noticed goats are back(i think they were gone for a little while?) and lately i find chickens allot more common. Chicken feathers are also allot easier to gather now.

With added machette/knive option to search for an ashwood tree, i find making a bow allot more viable in early stages of the game. I love making bows now as it takes allot less time (especialy the arrow making thanks to the feather drop buff), i can use the guts for the rope and improvised knive for ashwood stick   :) just awesome. I dont need anything but some luck hunting down that animal for its guts lol.

Edited by halp

Hey gang, 

Been busy with the holidays and what not but a friend of mine found this while playing. This is the first time myself or the player that shot this has seen this view. I've heard this view exists but have not seen it until .52. He got this screen while on "Please wait" and it appears you can control the bird's view while on "Please Wait". When you're on the menu of course you can't control the bird. 

Thought it was interesting and cool! Hope we who admin servers will have this ability to spectate! 

create vehicle restriction # *** left over.

Please Report.

I would love to report it but my login for the devtracker still doesn't work. Steak and Potatoes was looking into for me but I have not heard back from him in a while......... 

so how is the game i bought it months ago liked it but i left because it still had many issues

you bought an alpha game and left it because of issues? 

mon dieu...

I would love to report it but my login for the devtracker still doesn't work. Steak and Potatoes was looking into for me but I have not heard back from him in a while......... 

It's not the same as your forum login. You create it separately.

After today maintenance, DayZ 0.52 stable downloaded 12.7 MB patch. What is it?

VC2013, nothing spectacular.

Come oooonnnn 0.53... daddy needs his Experimental thread back :)

• Like 1

so how is the game i bought it months ago liked it but i left because it still had many issues

Without knowing exactly which issues you became fed up with, you should expect for there to still be plenty of issues of all kinds of severity.

What is it tho?

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013, a dev tool, nothing we players have to worry about.

Edited by ChainReactor

So do you guys think we will still see an update today ? I think I have the day off from work (let's hope) so If there was an update today that would just , oh *shrills* , that would just be the tits .

So do you guys think we will still see an update today ? I think I have the day off from work (let's hope) so If there was an update today that would just , oh *shrills* , that would just be the tits .

0.53 should be on Experimental today. The experimentalprep depot on Steam just got updated about half an hour ago, so keep your fingers crossed.

https://steamdb.info/app/221100/