zombieland78

Haven't played the mod in a while - need some install tips

So I haven't played the mod in about 6 months because it all went to hell after that stuff happened (assuming you all know what it was? it was so complicated I can't even remember, something to do with gamespy, dayz commander, the upgrade).

Since then I've been playing SA but it's just moving so slowly and I miss base building and larger zombie numbers.

So could someone point me in the direction of what the most common practise is currently? what do you use instead of Commander? or is Commander still viable? what's the best version to install AND what's the best way to install it (again, Commander was always good for this).

Any help would be much appreciated :)

There is this which some are using http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/205545-dayz-commander-not-working-read-this-dayz-launcher-the-new-alternative/

However I strictly run through steam as it seems to have the least issues.  Just go to steam store and download/update this. From there just use the ingame browser to locate servers.  I do not really dabble in other mods anymore nor do we officially support them here.  For those I suggest checking the main websites of the ones you want to play for updated patches.

Best Regards,

Steak.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

Just a quick update in case anyone is able to figure this out for me...

I installed DayZ Launcher but it can't find my Epoch installation. When I open DayZ Commander it says that Epoch 1.0.5.1 is (up to date).

But in the Launch section of DayZ Launcher, it lists a handful of mods (none of which are Epoch, but we have Namalsk for example). I also have Panthera installed and running fine but that doesn't show up in Launcher as installed either. 

The paths (under Settings) are identical to Commander with the exception that the mods path in Commander has '\@DayZ'. If I append the path in Launcher to reflect this it then lists NO mods.as being installed at all.

Thoughts?

Usually with DayZ commander your best bet if something goes wrong is to just re install everything, even if it is a pain.

Make sure (if using steam) that you've went through all the DayZ commander settings and checked the proper file locations and such.

Good Luck anyhow.