Sign in to follow this  
G.Freeman

PSA (How to get unstuck from inside a ROCK)

I was playing and got disconnected from a server for having too high a ping, (so my character kept running forward for awhile until it D/C'ed.) *FIX THAT DEVS*

So I log in 50ft ahead of where I D/C'ed and well SH!T, I'm stuck inside of a very large rock, After 20 minutes of trying to jump around, sprinting, and logging in and out near the edge of the rock to try and escape, I had an idea! Better yet, it even worked first try!

So to escape the rock I hit my macro key for W (my auto run) I ran at the rock edge and unplugged my internet cord, Hoping it would make my character run until it D/C'ed. I logged back in and i was out of the rock several feet ahead!  I'm sure holding down 'W' while unplugging your net cord will work just the same as my macro.

I looked online for ways to escape rocks and didn't see any. So I figured I'd share.

• Like 4

Very clever. Vault/sprint worked in arma3 every time, so when i got stuck in a rock a few weeks ago playing dayz i immediately tried it. Ended up being launched into the air and died when i met the ground. Thanks for posting this, now i wont be so scared to go near rocks.

Follow the guidelines for stuck characters, open a ticket at http://feedback.dayzgame.com, include your Steam ID and the server your are stuck on and let them get you out of there.

Beware!

When the tech support guys 'rescue' you from your stuck position, your character might be moved to a dangerous location, such as the middle of Svetlo, where any passing bandit will see you logging in and be able to blast you to death!

Edited by Pillock