Sign in to follow this  
st20wind

Where's the devblog this week?

We usually get a devblog on Friday's, sometimes later, but never this late. With the whole thing with Dean this week it just seems like it's important for them to focus on a consistent rate of development.

Anyone know why we didn't get it?

No ones know why. However, you should know that just because we USUALLY get a devblog every week doesn't mean we will always get one. Plus, I think they are on their vacation.

• Like 1

Hicks is late again! Last devblog was pretty big so I guess there is not much to write this week.

read the dev tracker , they are working on an experimental to be delivered before christmas...

• Like 1

read the dev tracker , they are working on an experimental to be delivered before christmas...

Experimental on Christmas is supposed to be the initial DayZ release version. (If they do decide to release it)

Experimental on Christmas is supposed to be the initial DayZ release version. (If they do decide to release it)

Well, "supposed to be....", Peter only thought loud about it. Maybe as a fallback-goodie when they can't get 0.52 ready for experimental before they go off for holiday.

• Like 1

Well, "supposed to be....", Peter only thought loud about it. Maybe as a fallback-goodie when they can't get 0.52 ready for experimental before they go off for holiday.

That's exactly what I was thinking , they should have a fallback seeing as a lot can happen , or nothing at all , right before the Christmas holidays lol ... Seeing as people are eager to go party til 2015, they could either have .52 rolled out promptly or just work until they gotta go Xmas party and load up dayz .23 or whatever it was !

I am positive 0.52 won't be ready by Christmas time. :P Which I would not be mad about at all. :)

I think the initial plan was to get .52 on stable next wednesday (no matter how small it is) and then load the old early access release version of SA in the empty experimental.

I hope they do it :D

Also, Hicks is recovering from a flu. Don't rush him.

Flu?

Edited by igor-vk

That's exactly what I was thinking , they should have a fallback seeing as a lot can happen , or nothing at all , right before the Christmas holidays lol ... Seeing as people are eager to go party til 2015, they could either have .52 rolled out promptly or just work until they gotta go Xmas party and load up dayz .23 or whatever it was !

It was 0.28, I believe. Can you even imagine?? There weren't even any status indicators in the inventory screen yet! It could be all kinds of frustrating fun :)

I think the initial plan was to get .52 on stable next wednesday (no matter how small it is) and then load the old early access release version of SA in the empty experimental.

I hope they do it :D

That would be PERFECT! I would play both for sure, and I'll have lots of time off work to do so. Where did you hear that, though? It's not often they skip testing a whole new version on Experimental first. I guess if it's as small as I imagine they could just skip that part.

It was 0.28, I believe. Can you even imagine?? There weren't even any status indicators in the inventory screen yet! It could be all kinds of frustrating fun :)

That would be PERFECT! I would play both for sure, and I'll have lots of time off work to do so. Where did you hear that, though? It's not often they skip testing a whole new version on Experimental first. I guess if it's as small as I imagine they could just skip that part.

They didn't say that explicit, I just figured. They said, that they wanted a mid-december stable update, and the only way to make that happen would be to update experimental on mon- or tuesday, hope that it goes well and update stable on wednesday. And Peter brought in the idea with the old early access release version on experimental, but as far as I know that's only loud thinking and no fixed plan :( (Sorry for irritating) But I totally agree with you, I would play both, too :D

What a waste of time to put the old DayZ on the experimental server. Should have just pushed some new stuff and given a few extra weeks for it to be tested during the holidays. But that's just my motivated self talking.

Week isn't over yet. I'm sure it will be released on Sunday or Monday. And I think they said they planned to make videos with commentary, so maybe they're editing those to release it in the next status report.

Edited by uajii