Jezza93

Is loot finally fixed?

Loot, is it finally fixed?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Loot, is it finally fixed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Too soon to tell.

From my 5ish hours playing this patch, died early on in a firefight losing my fully geared chap. Whoops. But I've actually found this patch an absolute pleasure to play. The latest shotgun is reasonably easy to find alongside ammo and I've not found food to be an issue either. Possibly I've just been lucky but I'm coming across players more recently too. Sorry to say that Shotgun I found came off the back of another player but I've found good loot in the new cities, but never too much good loot. I'm actually finding fire axes in fire stations though maybe a few too many and even NWAF tent loot seems balanced. A nice mix of basic military gear and bits of ammo here and there.

Not found a truck yet but petrol cans seem to be spawning at a good balanced rate.

What do you think? Is this finally the patch that has made the game enjoyable?

Well, for me the game has always been enjoyable, but I do have the opinion that the loot system is getting better. I wouldn't call it fixed, though.

a No here but still i found it better than last patches, just take a look at first home in left side of the road when you are in kamywobo and you will see like ten's of books spawning at same place but not a food. also the bugged servers which you can loot a milion item in a fire station. (i hope there will be another character wipe soon when it gets fix)

anyway,according to devs loot spawn/respawn mechanics and logics are a WIP for like next 8 month and we will see a huge improvement in next 2 months because they will implement new tech for loot to spawn. 

I can easily say no, if it's persistence servers you mean?  Was on one server where loot spawns were focused on specific buildings, there was like hundreds of items in one building while none anywhere nearby towns...  I really like the persistence server concept but its biggest problem is people just leave crap loot and pick up useful stuff, then you got houses full of useless junk :/

As for non-persistence the loot has always been fine i guess, just too easy to find everything you need and more though

Loot is not fixed:

Persistent servers - you will find "extreme loot" - huge heaps as well as nothing at all - way too often.

Nonpersistent servers - you will find loot very easily, especially after one of the frequent restarts.

The most enjoyable was the 0.51 experimental version - loot was very rare and hard to find so you had to worry about survival. This resulted in players actually having to move away from the coast while still having something to do on their travels (namely getting equipment and food). I looted the military base near Vybor for food.

• Like 1

I'm not going to vote, as it's kinda in the middle. Loot spawns are becoming more sensible, but there are still pockets of those loot glitches, which to me, are a little game breaking (just my opinion).

Loot fixed? Of course not, not even close to it. Aside from the "clumping" of loot, the loot that does appear still doesn't appear in the right locations and when it does it can spawn under floorboards or floating above tables.

Is the game improving? Yes. It's in my opinion, close to a Beta product.

• Like 1

If hunting animals for food is not profitable or at least competitive, then loot system is sux. Now is far away from that what should be in survival game.

Edited by TokumeiSennin

I don't quite see the point of this poll.

Loot will never be "fixed" until everything has been added to the game and the developers start to analyse playstyles and balancing issues.

"Fixed" also has many conitations.  Do you mean fixed, as in, able pick items up properly?  Fixed relating to balance? Fixed relating to item spawn ratios and spawn points? Fixed as in Persistent vs non-persisten servers? Fixed as in the amount of food spawning compared to hunger balancing? Fixed as in the availability of miliary loot? Fixed as in loot spawning under the floor of building?

Edited by Beav

Which of you dumbasses voted for "Yes"?

• Like 1

Loot fixed? Of course not, not even close to it. Aside from the "clumping" of loot, the loot that does appear still doesn't appear in the right locations and when it does it can spawn under floorboards or floating above tables.

Is the game improving? Yes. It's in my opinion, close to a Beta product.

Which of you dumbasses voted for "Yes"?

Jesus, I've become an Alpha Apologizer! 

Guys, THE GAME ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO BEING FINISHED! The Devs could say "fuck it" and scrap the entire current loot mechanic tomorrow. Wait until Beta to bitch about loot.