cavjj

Sad Bambi is sad.

Fairly newish to Dayz, limited play time due to a busy job, and over the weekend, I had my first real multiplayer experience....

Spawning in Kamyshovo, quickly found a rifle and some ammo and a rucksack, happy days.

10 mins of looting houses, come across another new spawn with a bit of gear and a sledgehammer.  Raised my rifle but I don't KOS, he comes over chat asks me not to shoot and we get talking.

He seems alright, we loot a bit more trying to find this guy a rucksack before we decide to head off to Elektro together. So we set off, and I see another fresh spawn running into the big house with the circular staircase.

And as I'm checking out this fresh sighting just to be sure, the first guy comes back behind me and smashes me with the sledgehammer.

I mean god damn it, I so would have helped this guy.

So thankyou traitorous guy, you taught me a valuable lesson.

Ah, that first DayZ experience is always exciting, I give you props for not shooting the first guy you met, which is pretty good! :D but yeah you have to play it very cautious with players, as most of them aren't friendly.

I never team up with people I don't know and I don't trust...playing with an eye constantly on my back is not really entertaining. When there are no friends online, I don't mind playing solo...it's not really hard. Most of the time you can trick people showing their true intentions simply saluting and start running away from them and the place they were heading: of the last ten people I've met, four pursued/bumrushed me and were killed. One opened fire when I was going away but was a lousy shot and an even worst tracker, and never found me outside Dolina. Two pursued me babbling "friendly hey stop friendly" and then stopped when I told them to stop following me...three simply greeted me and carried on their business.

Your best bet man??

Say to the mic "can you guard me for a few seconds? Gotta alt-tab" but don't, watch the action, react accordingly!!

• Like 1

Your best bet man??

Say to the mic "can you guard me for a few seconds? Gotta alt-tab" but don't, watch the action, react accordingly!!

This right here, if I take a chance to group with a random, I always give them a 'chance' to betray me and act accordingly. You can usually tell when you talk to someone, but even then you can't be sure.

It's best never to allow anyone you meet in this game to move from where you can keep your eyes on them at all times, never allow someone to get closer than 5 meters to you ( your personal bubble. ) and if they have a gun or pick up a gun, treat them as a potential hostile player never allow them to get into a position that would let them quickly raise the gun and shoot you.

It may sound horrible not to trust people, but keeping the upper hand in any situation and being cautious of anyone no matter how "friendly" they seem/act or say they are, it will get you a lot farther in this game.

The very first people I ran into in DayZ, I have been good friends with now for almost a year. You just never know what will happens. I suppose that's what makes this game so interesting.

Some players are nice though. For those who aren't so nice, I have found a way to "intimidate" wich is pretty funny and truly liberate the spirit : You start acting like a crazy mofo, and I mean real crazy. For example: I start running at them with a banana raised or anything inoffensive while growling non-sense (I "sing" metal from time to time) about voices telling me to give them a fresh soul to feast upon. I'd say that it has been pretty efficient so far.

• Like 1

The 1st guy I ever met in DayZ, walked up inside the building I was looting. He was not very geared.

Asked if I was friendly, I said "yeah, how are you doing"?

He asked you friendly, me "yeah man"

He stepped up to me, and one-punch knocked me out.

I soon realized my mic was off LOL noob.

I still thought it was wrong... he came into 'my' building!

From there on, I always back straight away from everyone. If I'm unsure, I like to drop a food item and see how they respond. I can kinda gauge maturity level from what they say.

If its any consolation he probably died soon after since you were in elektro anyway