dsdoan

Any way to Suicide?

I attempted walking onto a pile of garbage on the edge of a lake, which resulted in my character becoming stuck, repeatedly bouncing between two points of elevation.  I can change my view vertically, but cannot change my view horizontally, nor can I walk, run, etc in place.  I've fired off 60+ shots into the air hoping someone or something would hear, but have had no luck.  I've tried laying in the water to drown myself, which has no effect.  I've tried ODing on vitamins, as well as relogging and server hopping.  I am hydrated, energized, and healthy.

I've tried searching, but the last topic in the search results was from April.

Edited by dsDoan

leave dayz on until you starve to death

good luck

or maybe a faster choice, contact DayZ support with a ticket and ask them to move your character

Hey man. Contact the the group "the medics of wasteland" or something. They got a thread here on the forums "looking for medical support" or similar name. They will help you out fast.

I attempted walking onto a pile of garbage on the edge of a lake, which resulted in my character becoming stuck, repeatedly bouncing between two points of elevation.  I can change my view vertically, but cannot change my view horizontally, nor can I walk, run, etc in place.  I've fired off 60+ shots into the air hoping someone or something would hear, but have had no luck.  I've tried laying in the water to drown myself, which has no effect.  I am hydrated, energized, and healthy.

I've tried searching, but the last topic in the search results was from April.

Have you tries logging out, and then in again?

I got stuck once, but i got free when logged out and then back into the game.

If that doesn't work you just have to wait till you die from starvation or dehydration. Luckily they will add a suicide function very soon, so in the future this will not be an issue:)

Have you tries logging out, and then in again?

I got stuck once, but i got free when logged out and then back into the game.

If that doesn't work you just have to wait till you die from starvation or dehydration. Luckily they will add a suicide function very soon, so in the future this will not be an issue:)

I should've mentioned this.  Yeah, I both logged out and server hopped.

My temporary work-around to the issue was quickly throwing together this video, crouching my character to his knees, playing the video's audio into my open mic on repeat, and taking a shower.  I'm not sure all of these steps were required, but when I came back, I was dead and well.

Edited by dsDoan
  • Like 2

If your playing the mod, most servers allow you to type "kill me" in the chat if its a private hive. If standalone just climb a roof then fly with the birds.

If your playing the mod, most servers allow you to type "kill me" in the chat if its a private hive. If standalone just climb a roof then fly with the birds.

Someone didn't quite take the time to read the OPs problem, but thought he would post anyway :)