Sign in to follow this  
Barbosa1955

Problem with this merge is that I don't think the game is shit and want my money back.

You mean this lack of feedback system?  http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php  :rolleyes:

Here is a crap ton of reasons why its a bad alpha since you're not convinced.  

Why is the respawn option disabled?  I have gotten stuck inside buildings and other crap.  I once had to leave the game running so i would starve to death after a hour of being stuck and unable to escape.  this is a alpha, crap is going to be broken but when you encounter a glitch you are defenseless.

Why is there not a solo mode?  I doubt it would take much effort to make a solo mode and it would be nice for testing the game.  I can't even learn how the damn car's and crafting work because I tend not to get that far in my game play.  In fact making a singeplayer mode should be more easy then making multiplayer first.  I know the game would be bland without other players but at least then I can run around and experiment.  In MP I can't use a lot a of the new stuff they add in because I can never get to it.  Also the desynch makes getting any proper results very hard.  Are the hitboxes terrible or was that desynch?  I can't tell without a solo mode.    

Why is the feedback system not in the game or even mentioned in the game?  Why does the game never explain anything?  The only warning you ever get is that label on the steam store informing you the game is alpha.  

Why is there a wait timer for joining servers.  I know its to prevent server hopping, BUT ITS A ALPHA.  Who cares.  I am tired of being DCed from server crashed then having to wait to rejoin or join a new one.  The timer is always making the game broke too.  Half the time for me after the timer is done it gets stuck on please wait forever and I need to restart the game.

Why can't I hover over the status icons like "Hydrated, Energized, soaked" to see what they mean.  How can I tell if they are working or not, someone was too lazy to add basic tool tips...  

Why is there NO user manual.  There is a lot of obscure crap in dayz.  You have no clue what any of it does unless you read a wiki so you have no way of knowing if it works or not.  

WHY A 5$ PRICE INCREASE.  I am sorry but the game has not improved nearly enough to say "alight, we're ready to raise the price."  If its early access you shouldn't be raising the price.  And no, the awnser is not that they need funding.  Go to steam.  Click top sellers.  Dayz has been a top seller since its release, they should have enough money to finish the game.  

That is why Dayz is a bad alpha.  None of the support is in place for a proper alpha.  

It should have been a closed alpha test with a 30$ preorder.  Once you start asking for money on something you gotta show some results.  "Its a alpha" is not a excuse.  We gave you our money now start showing us something in return.      

Edited by harley001
  • Like 2

Here is a crap ton of reasons why its a bad alpha since you're not convinced.  

Why is the respawn option disabled? 

What respawn option?  There never was one

Why is there not a solo mode? 

Because it's not a single player game

Why is the feedback system not in the game or even mentioned in the game?  Why does the game never explain anything?  The only warning you ever get is that label on the steam store informing you the game is alpha.  

It's actually mentioned in the game if you bother going on the experimental.  

Because that's how it's suppose to be, it's called learning.

Wrong

joTgzLz.jpg

Why is there a wait timer for joining servers.  I know its to prevent server hopping, BUT ITS A ALPHA TEST.  Who cares.  I am tired of being DCed from server crashed then having to wait to rejoin or join a new one.  The timer is always making the game broke too.  Half the time for me after the timer is done it gets stuck on please wait forever and I need to restart the game.

Get better internet?

Why can't I hover over the status icons like "Hydrated, Energized, soaked" to see what they mean.  How can I tell if they are working or not if someone was too lazy to add basic tool tips...  

They are pretty self explanatory and the game isn't designed to tell you what they mean.

Why is there NO user manual.  There is a lot of obscure crap in dayz.  You have no clue what any of it does unless you read a wiki so you have no way of knowing if it works or not.  

That's why you are testing  :rolleyes:

WHY A 5$ PRICE INCREASE.  I am sorry but the game has not improved nearly enough to say "alight, we're ready to raise the price."  If its early access you shouldn't be raising the price.  And no, the awnser is not that they need funding.  Go to steam.  Click top sellers.  Dayz has been a top seller since its release, they should have enough money to finish the game.  

Really, $5 whole dollars?  If you already own the game quit bitching, if not.  Tough shit, guess you aren't built for alpha testing.

• Like 3

Wrong

joTgzLz.jpg

Get better internet?

They are pretty self explanatory and the game isn't designed to tell you what they mean.

That's why you are testing  :rolleyes:

Really, $5 whole dollars?  If you already own the game quit bitching, if not.  Tough shit, guess you aren't built for alpha testing.

Terrible reasons.  Basically you said "You're wrong because you're wrong" without any actually points.  

You avoided answering why the price was upped and instead resorted to insults.  

That's why you are testing   :rolleyes:

How can we test the game without knowing what is suppose to happen when x happens?  Your logic for having no sort of manual is flawed.  

No its not self explanatory and the game has to explain some things.  Even the most obscure games give a basic description. (The souls series is a good example.)     And like said, its a test.  Everything should be explained for testing purposes. 

Get better internet?

Once again you 100% avoid the problem.  I was talking about why we need a timer at all.  You didn't answer.  

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Harley4ever/screenshot/40860799292137214

This statement is just wrong.  

Says who?  A singe player mode would be super easy to add.  Would be it be boreing?  YES.  Would it let me try out some of the shiney new things?  Yes.  The original dayz mod has a super ez singe player mode to install.  (if you were not a 100% dunce when it came to basic installing that is...)      

This is my favorite because it actually makes sense.  I still think a little button in the menu called "report glitch" would be better but at least you disproved ONE of my points.  But the other glaring issues are still there.  

(no clue why this part is glitched but meh.)  

Edited by harley001

It should have been a closed alpha test with a 30$ preorder.  Once you start asking for money on something you gotta show some results.  "Its a alpha" is not a excuse.  We gave you our money now start showing us something in return.      

If you were in from the start you will know what a bare bones shell they started in, here are just a few things we didn't have..

Animals

Fires

Cooking

Hunting

Zombies that obeyed the laws of physics...now they even obey doors...BONUS! :D

Temp system

Wet system

A tonne of items

Crafting

Fishing

A tonne of towns and buildings

Vehicles

That's a lot on its own, and is only gameplay not engine/server related (ie 64bit server implementation), and I know there is stuff iv left out.

As for servers just spend a good hour of one night finding a couple good ones if you pub player or a nice private home (private shards^^). Fave them and bingo, always good server. Sure might drop at the end of the month but hey you safe for a few weeks.

They did say that as it progressed in development it would go up in price. As illustrated its progressed quite a bit, and the end of the first year even seems a sensible time to do it. Also coincides with a big milestone in the vehicles.

If your getting killed/dying not really getting to try many of the features I can understand your frustration. Even by doing this though you are helping test the game. Not every aspect of alpha testing is "fun" but is always in some way helpful. Maybe this is right, but don't think of it as an insult, just a statement...

guess you aren't built for alpha testing.

Either way insinuating the devs aren't "showing you something in return" because they are actually making progress on the  game itself, instead of enabling a respawn button or typing up some tooltips is a bit low IMO

Terrible reasons.  Basically you said "You're wrong because you're wrong" without any actually points.  

Well he is right that your definately wrong

You avoided answering why the price was upped and instead resorted to insults.

The answer is they told you the price would go up as they got further into development and its been in development for a year as a early release alpha so its getting its first price increase. They warned everyone of this before the game even was released not our fault your not bright enough to either listen or understand. (specially seeing it now features alot more than what it did as an empty shell when i bought it back last year)

That's why you are testing   :rolleyes:

How can we test the game without knowing what is suppose to happen when x happens?  Your logic for having no sort of manual is flawed.

No its not flawed, Dayz has always been touted as the anti game a game that doesnt hold your hand( it seems from your posts you need your hand held and be told your a good little boy when you do something?) how can they judge if they are making there crafting system (and every other mechanic) to abstract for you to figure out without having a manual ( because the idea of what you know as a player has always been a replacement for traditional in game skill levels) if they give you a manual so you dont have to learn anything as a player.

No its not self explanatory and the game has to explain some things.  Even the most obscure games give a basic description. (The souls series is a good example.)     And like said, its a test.  Everything should be explained for testing purposes. 

HMMMM the words hydrated energized and healthy/healing hot cold are not self explanatory ??? did you happen to write your post checking every word in the dictionary , because it seems you had to if those words gave you such difficulty...

Get better internet?

Once again you 100% avoid the problem.  I was talking about why we need a timer at all.  You didn't answer.

To stop people ghosting you know getting into a gun fight and jumping from 1 server to the next to move on the other server to get a better position and then returning to the original server and killing the people they were fighting because now they have moved in behind them. This feature really only bothers people who are server hoppers and ghosters so which one are you??

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Harley4ever/screenshot/40860799292137214

This statement is just wrong.  

That picture of a greyed out respawn button( the greyed out means you cant use it in current situation oh but thats right you need a manual understand that dont you) is for use when you are dead or unconcious ( and thus likely to die very soon) there is no suicide button to bring on respawn because you dont like your spawn position thats why people throw themselves of high objects to die.

Says who?  A singe player mode would be super easy to add.  Would be it be boreing?  YES.  Would it let me try out some of the shiney new things?  Yes.  The original dayz mod has a super ez singe player mode to install.  (if you were not a 100% dunce when it came to basic installing that is...)      

Says the developers eg ROCKET ya know the guy who thought up and started development of the game...... Even when it was just a mod on arma 2 which has single player option in arma 2 they disabled the single player ability for playing the mod dayz(another modder made a single player version but it was not related to the original creators ideas of the game as it is about social interaction good and bad with others in a survival apoc situation.

This is my favorite because it actually makes sense.  I still think a little button in the menu called "report glitch" would be better but at least you disproved ONE of my points.  But the other glaring issues are still there.  

(no clue why this part is glitched but meh.)

Edited by SoulFirez

Did you even read his post?

Did you read all his posts.....

I mean its pretty simple to see...

He doesn't need people bagging him,just like people don't bag you with with the loot cycle,but hey that's another thing...

And to pull out the alhpa crap is getting beyond a joke tbh..

Most of this game come from the mod to start with.........

Did you read all his posts.....

I mean its pretty simple to see...

He doesn't need people bagging him,just like people don't bag you with with the loot cycle,but hey that's another thing...

And to pull out the alhpa crap is getting beyond a joke tbh..

to be fair.. he's been responded to pretty lightly compared to some others lol

• Like 1

What makes you think that? The mod only delivered the basic idea. Almost nothing is or can be used due to different systems and concepts, you know, thats the point of a standalone game.

What makes you think that? The mod only delivered the basic idea. Almost nothing is or can be used due to different systems and concepts, you know, thats the point of a standalone game.

Please,do some back ground the game files where mostly the very same as the mod when it come out...

Only over time have they been changed...

And its only some,the buildings are a drop in same with player models...

Would you like me to go on?

The trees clouds heck even the terrian was the very same..

So maybe b4 you start sprouting off at the mouth have a little clue as to what im saying..

And yes this is the whole point of a stand alone game....

to be fair.. he's been responded to pretty lightly compared to some others lol

The worse part is its the very same players all the time,fanbois i call them because they want to bash and talk down to players that only have started playing which tbh is a joke..

I got a 3week vacation from this joint and i see stuff on theses forums that is worse and they are posting the very next day......

And 1 of them has the same form over and over....

• Like 1

Where I work we have a "zero-defect" policy for all in-house programming and require the same from the external development studios. The longer you wait to fix a bug, the more expensive it is to fix, in terms of time and monetary investment.

The OP has a valid complaint, in my opinion. It sucks that new features are implemented and then left in their broken state. They should be working on fixing bugs and not constantly implementing new broken features. This whole thing about fixing bugs in the beta is simply bad. And fairly wasteful.

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 1

Please,do some back ground the game files where mostly the very same as the mod when it come out...

So maybe b4 you start sprouting off at the mouth have a little clue as to what im saying..

There was no mod coding in SA....ever....it was all recoded to work serverside and were completely new systems compared to there mod counterparts.

Player models are new....all clothing...is new....clothing didn't even exist in the mod. When you swapped to a ghillie it literally remover your PMC toon from the world, spawned a "US sniper" and put all your gear onto that model....it was an illusion of a cloths change.

Sure the map has the same locations, but even the ones left look nothing like they did in the mod....in the mod there were only so many enterable;e buildings 80% had no interiors.

There are new tree models and the terrain is changing every patch..As for clouds....there were no dynamic clouds in  themod and no setting to adjust them.....new

So, now you know, the only thing you could really say that was reused was the map. And even then on day on of alpha it had changed so much in the way locations look and amount of enterable buildings it couldn't really ne called the same map.

Me thinks Its you tat should do some research before "spouting off at the mouth" lol

So yeah, you listed the map and models. But a game consists of much more, and 75% is not visible ingame. Engine and so on. While you might be right that some buildings, the map or trees are the same than in the mod you seem to forget that they are changing one tiny little thing: The entire game called ArmA underneath it.

Edited by ChainReactor

I would say persistence is pretty useless (caveat) until base building - or at least some level of barricading - is introduced. Sure you can put stuff in a tent but you'd have to put it somewhere so off grid that it would render it a bit pointless.

Or at the least, until its actually difficult (if ever) to gear up and get going. 

I average about 30 minutes from fresh spawn to gun and kit, maby an hour and a half to have what I want, including a 'look'. All of this with no server hopping.

There is really no need for a tent, you could probably just run around in a slightly inland town and gear up just as fast as it would take you to run to your base.

• Like 1

So yeah, you listed the map and models. But a game consists of much more, and 75% is not visible ingame. Engine and so on. While you might be right that some buildings, the map or trees are the same than in the mod you seem to forget that they are changing one tiny little thing: The entire game called ArmA underneath it.

Even then hes wrong. There have been significant changes and additions to the map. And you are totally correct, they are ripping the gutts out of the engine. It wont even kind of resemble the Arma when they are done with it.

• Like 4

They are not changing the "entire" game.  This is what kills me about you guys defending the 2 year "alpha" status.  This was not a new engine they had to develop.  The modders appear to do more and faster with the Arma2/2.5/3 engines than the developers who have access to the raw code.  Start listing off the 75% enhancements to the engine and what they have resolved.

There really is no excuse any more except that the BI programmers are just not that good.  Great you spit out a few models, textures and code a few gimmicky inventory/crafting tricks to show as "content", but the difficult challenges such as AI pathfinding remain unresolved.  I have limited mod experience with this game, but I have modeled, textured, mapped and handled minor scripts enough with other games to know that most of you defenders do not know what you are talking about.

They are not changing the "entire" game.  This is what kills me about you guys defending the 2 year "alpha" status.  This was not a new engine they had to develop.  The modders appear to do more and faster with the Arma2/2.5/3 engines than the developers who have access to the raw code.  Start listing off the 75% enhancements to the engine and what they have resolved.

There really is no excuse any more except that the BI programmers are just not that good.  Great you spit out a few models, textures and code a few gimmicky inventory/crafting tricks to show as "content", but the difficult challenges such as AI pathfinding remain unresolved.  I have limited mod experience with this game, but I have modeled, textured, mapped and handled minor scripts enough with other games to know that most of you defenders do not know what you are talking about.

Good job being able to create something from someone else's work.  Want a hero cookie?  Before you spew anymore misinformation go learn something about the standalone.

• Like 3

Or at the least, until its actually difficult (if ever) to gear up and get going. 

I average about 30 minutes from fresh spawn to gun and kit, maby an hour and a half to have what I want, including a 'look'. All of this with no server hopping.

There is really no need for a tent, you could probably just run around in a slightly inland town and gear up just as fast as it would take you to run to your base.

Even then hes wrong. There have been significant changes and additions to the map. And you are totally correct, they are ripping the gutts out of the engine. It wont even kind of resemble the Arma when they are done with it.

Multi-quote option is available to all community members ;).

Multi-quote option is available to all community members ;).

I try :( Its my worst habbit :(

Mostly because if I catch something else later, there is no easy way to just edit the post with a new quote without jumping through hoops :/

Did you read any status report at all? Did you read any devposts on reddit at all? Do you have a basic understanding of what they are actually doing? Yes, they re-do the entire engine, yes they rather code a "new ArmA" instead of "a new mod". They actually started the Standalone project to get rid of the limitations of the old ArmA2 engine.

You want me to list some things? Ok, here are some of the new engine modules that are in the work ( probably uncomplete because only from the top of my head )

- new renderer

- new animations system

- new player controller

- new AI system including new sensors and navmesh

- new netcode

- new client/server connection and communication system

- switching from content based on scripts to content using engine functions

- new system for loot respawn and distribution

- new physics system

- vehicles coded from scratch using Bullet SDK

- new User Interface

- new player model + customization functionality

- new weather and seasons system that impacts players and items

- new sound engine

So I hope you understand how creating a mod works. It already has all of the above mentioned functionality from an existing game and modders can focus on visible content. All of what i just mentioned are rather low-level but still huge programming tasks, taking months to years to be finished. And you will only see their impact on actual gameplay once they are finished and implemented. Thats why we have so many placeholders and so many prototype systems in the game. You don't code all this within 8 weeks. You much rather need 8 months to do so. For each.

So don't try to tell me that the development has been slow and then tell me they've only added some items. The devs are really transparent about what they do every week. And i try to read and understand it all.

But you will probably tell me the devs lied and took our money.

EDIT: Also i've already planned a party with all my DayZ friends on Dec. 13th 2015, because that is the day when the old "TWO YEARS OF ALPHA" finally becomes a fact.

We are one year into a three year standard development cycle

-Brian Hicks, sometimes not a bandit.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

At least they give fair warning of persistent wipes. It takes us all of 15 minutes at the end of our Tuesday night play session to pack our tents and gear up.

Seems like a lot of work I know, maybe it's best if you moved on for awhile.

There was no mod coding in SA....ever....it was all recoded to work serverside and were completely new systems compared to there mod counterparts.

Player models are new....all clothing...is new....clothing didn't even exist in the mod. When you swapped to a ghillie it literally remover your PMC toon from the world, spawned a "US sniper" and put all your gear onto that model....it was an illusion of a cloths change.

Sure the map has the same locations, but even the ones left look nothing like they did in the mod....in the mod there were only so many enterable;e buildings 80% had no interiors.

There are new tree models and the terrain is changing every patch..As for clouds....there were no dynamic clouds in  themod and no setting to adjust them.....new

So, now you know, the only thing you could really say that was reused was the map. And even then on day on of alpha it had changed so much in the way locations look and amount of enterable buildings it couldn't really ne called the same map.

Me thinks Its you tat should do some research before "spouting off at the mouth" lol

I think you really need to do some research bud......

Trust me...go look...

Please another derp....

wow really go look it was basic the mod when it first come out the engine was the very same not much had changed...

Trust me...go look...

Evidence plox, I can give you hard evidence to every point I made in that post.

Your trolling scores a measly 6/10  :P

wow really go look it was basic the mod when it first come out the engine was the very same not much had changed...

I wasn't talking about what it was when it came out, i was talking about what was going on until today. It's a game in development, guys, follow the development!

Trust me...go look...

Please another derp....

Would you mind providing a link where I could do some research?

Evidence plox, I can give you hard evidence to every point I made in that post.

Your trolling scores a measly 6/10  :P

Use the search function......

Not trolling the engine is the very same from the mod...most player models are from the mod buildings grass trees...

Want more...

So who needs to do the research,not me......

I wasn't talking about what it was when it came out, i was talking about what was going on until today. It's a game in development, guys, follow the development!

They have only modded the engine a little from its original...wow and you say follow the development....

There has been very little change,there is a new render coming its on the road map..

The only thing they have really played with is the zombie ai path finding.....

Dont think there is much else tbh..