Sign in to follow this  
umberfive

Global bans in exp. and text chat restriction

Hello!

First of all, I wasn't banned and this is not a complaining thread about bans. I think they are necessary. I just noticed yesterday, that there are also bans issued on experimental now. Anyone seen that too?

Also I noticed yesterday, while I talked to another player, that there came up some mysterious messages after using the text chat, which warned me about using the text chat. 8 warnings left and so on. The voice communication was really choppy at that time, because the server was nearly full. Has anyone else noticed that? Why is that? Does anybody know?

If you are talking about the connection message (Global Ban #xxxx yadda yadda) that's just someone with a global ban trying, and failing, to connect. It's not a ban being administered right then.

Strange, were you spamming or something? 

Maybe its a pre-caution to stop someone from flooding the server with pings of chat. Who knows, ive never heard of it.

id submit it to the bug tracker.

Strange, were you spamming or something? 

Maybe its a pre-caution to stop someone from flooding the server with pings of chat. Who knows, ive never heard of it.

id submit it to the bug tracker.

No, because the voice chat was bad, I just asked him, where he wants to go. I picked him up on green mountain with my V3S, that I found before.

If you are talking about the connection message (Global Ban #xxxx yadda yadda) that's just someone with a global ban trying, and failing, to connect. It's not a ban being administered right then.

Yes, that could be it. Maybe I confused it. But why do people try it, if they are already banned?

But why do people try it, if they are already banned?

To try new scripts for upcoming versions? They usually have to buy themselves so many different versions that they lose oversight over which ones are banned.

As far as the chat-restriction:

That is a misconfigured version of BEC (the same program responsible for server-restarts and regular messages distributed on the server). If you cross the warninglevel you will get kicked. Don't try. ;)