Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

DayZ 2015 roadmap

Source: 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-26-dayz-standalone-now-due-in-2016-for-40

Q1 2015

Basic Vehicles 

Advanced loot distribution

New renderer

New Zombie AI

Basic stealth system (zombies and animals)

Diseases

Q2 2015

Advanced vehicles (repair and modifications)

Advanced animals (life cycle, group behavior)

Player statistics

New UI

Player stamina

Dynamic events

Q3 2015

Traps

Barricading

Character life span + soft skills

Animal predators + birds

Aerial transport

Console prototype

Q4 2015

Animal companions

Steam community integration

Construction (base building)

Beta version, expected price €34.99 / $43.99.

The developer added that "every month there will be new weapons, objects, craft able items, vehicles and implemented additional features and optimisations."

"2014 has been an immensely successful year for DayZ," said producer Brian Hicks. "We could have never hoped for so many people to join us for the adventure of Early Access development. As the team looks forward to our goals and features set for 2015, the vision of an open world sandbox where the player creates their own story and experiences comes closer to completion."

Edited by lrish
  • Like 18

Looking very promising

Always appreciate Devs who post this, shows they won't bail out anytime soon :)  

Where is their source on this? Did BI exclusively release this info to Eurogamer? I guess they are waiting for today's Status Update to release it on Dayz.com

I guess they are waiting for today's Status Update to release it on Dayz.com

You might be right, I've asked on Skype but no response. I'd assume it's legit but always better to have a first-hand source.

OH BOY Aerial transport in Q4 2015, almost time to dust off my FSX joy sticks.....I love flying!

Next year is going to be a good one for pc games....GTA-5 is coming out too for pc...man it looks good. Dayz is going to get some asome changes.....Even the total war series is getting a new title...Is it me or did 2014 seem a little stale for pc games?

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

very nice if it gets the official nod....was just wondering about the new renderer in a different thread...awesome

ya SmashT...waiting on that status report (patiently)

Interesting indeed and I'm looking forward to advance 'loot distribution system and cars, base building etc. :)

Edited by Ori42

New zombie AI and stealth implementations are the biggest things im interested in game wise right now.

Thinking about it now, this roadmap shows nothing about melee. I hope they plan to add more things about it, seriously.

• Like 2

Some very fundamental stuff to be expected in q1: basic vehicles, zombie ai, renderer, stealth and diseases. When all these things are added, I would say the basic game is very much in place and everything else (except perhaps more zombies) will just be icing on the cake. Very nice to see.

• Like 2

oh my god is make me do a explod from happyness is many things here for make EVRY PERSON WHO LOVE DAYZ to felt even more excite now for me best ones is improve the zombie and doing car repair maybe i can find my frend machete master again and we can finish our drem to make a fix the car mechanic busines in berezino factiry area but i dont think he will do it becaue we doing serios fight after he die evrytime we was play together but was not my fault was M4 bandit clan who doing always attack on us

• Like 4

Haven't status reports been moved to fridays ?

have they? i know it was mentioned but didnt think it was implemented yet, like a first of the year thing...eh, whatever

Does this mean the development plans have been extended a year? Could've sworn I read everywhere that the target was beta access by beginning of 2015, and the game should be finished by the end of 2015...

Edited by t1337Dude
  • Like 4

Does this mean the development plans have been extended a year? Could've sworn I read everywhere that the target was beta access by beginning of 2015, and the game should be finished by the end of 2015...

“The roadmap [for the beta] is end of the year, but we don’t want to release the beta on, like, December 12 or whatever,” he said. “The beta date would either be prior to the end of the year, so November or something, or it would be pushed to January or February with more QA.

“It will be a real beta; it will be no new content, just bug fixing. There may be content drops but they won’t be part of the beta – there will be no new functionality or something like that. I would be surprised if we go down that route because it will get it unstable. I would imagine it would take as long as it needs from then, which could be six months.”

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/25/dayz-standalone-estimated-for-2015-console-versions-still-being-discussed/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182275-dayz-at-rezzed-2014-dev-sessions-livestream-roadmap/

If we reach beta by Q1 2016 I would be surprised, but pleasantly so. I don't care about these time estimates, to be quite honest, and have little faith in them. I wish they would just do something like this.

Very excited about diseases (yay!) and stamina (finally!)...even if stamina is listed as Q2, I hoped sooner. New zombie AI and further (radical?) works on loot economy in Q1 are extremely good news. Can't wait to see "advanced" animal behaviour and dynamic events, whatever those things could be. Don't know about aerial transport and base building...I mean, WTF. It's definitely too early to judge, but I hope a vocal minority of the playerbase does not push DayZ Standalone into DayZ mod MkII.

Considering the timing of this year updates I suspect the dates provided in the article are going to be revised and changed a lot of times...but even if the timing is doubtless a placeholder, the content of those planned updates is extremely interesting. Seems the next year will be an interesting one.

Edited by DocWolf

Looks sensible enough.

Keep in mind that Roadmaps are just guideline and are not set in Stone. Nothing is in Software development.

Iam still excited about this game. In fact we had one of THE BEST sessions on a RP-Private shard Server just last night.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

Interesting, many thanks for the roadmap.

I just wonder what does "Character life span + soft skills" means...

• Like 1