Sign in to follow this  
therandomredstone

Trading Backpack's in a Flash

I always use hunting backpacks, they are so, just, I don't know, simple; they hold a decent amount of things, they blend in well, they are a good size, etc. But if my hunting backpack ever became "worn" or "damaged" I'm going to want to get a new one, right? I go to an airstrip, sure enough, I find a pristine backpack (as an example) imagine me switching ALL my stuff from one backpack to the next, and I get shot, that would suck right? here's what I'm thinking:

There is your backpack, and the one in the "vicinity"

You drag your backpack over the one on the ground,

Then an option pops up "swap items"

So instead of having to drag all your items from one backpack to the next, you can automatically switch them in mere seconds.

This has probably already been suggested, but if it has, or not, this feature should be implemented in DayZ Standalone.

But for the authenticity part you wouldn't be able to just magically pop everything into a new container now would you?

• Like 3

But for the authenticity part you wouldn't be able to just magically pop everything into a new container now would you?

They would add in a "time count" or something before the items transferred from one backpack to the next.

They would add in a "time count" or something before the items transferred from one backpack to the next.

But that would defeat the purpose of your idea here, wouldn't it?

A timer would be just the same as the time it takes to transfer items.

But that would defeat the purpose of your idea here, wouldn't it?

A timer would be just the same as the time it takes to transfer items.

At some point, authenticity should be sacrificed for gameplay. It is a zombie apocalypse... how authentic is that?

At some point, authenticity should be sacrificed for gameplay. It is a zombie apocalypse... how authentic is that?

Fair enough, I've made that point many of times xD

I'm just trying to bring up a debate, I'd actually like an easier switch of items, it's annoying having to do it.

But yeah, at some point, but who draws that line on authenticity and gameplay?

Fair enough, I've made that point many of times xD

I'm just trying to bring up a debate, I'd actually like an easier switch of items, it's annoying having to do it.

But yeah, at some point, but who draws that line on authenticity and gameplay?

I'd imagine it'd be Rocket as he's project lead. 

Another example of authenticity being sacrificed for fun, helicopters. I highly doubt the average joe knows how to operate a helicopter, but choppers MAKE DayZ. There is nothing more fun and rewarding than successfully fixing a chopper and flying the map like a boss.

I'd imagine it'd be Rocket as he's project lead. 

Another example of authenticity being sacrificed for fun, helicopters. I highly doubt the average joe knows how to operate a helicopter, but choppers MAKE DayZ. There is nothing more fun and rewarding than successfully fixing a chopper and flying the map like a boss.

Hmm, I disagree with you, Helicopters don't make DayZ, not in the slightest. It's just a part of what the old DayZ was. This is a new time, and I don't see much room (Still some, dont get me wrong) for helicopters. They better be the rarest thing one can hope to obtain once that horrid day arrives ;)

To answer the op : No.

It needs to take time (whatever by swap or a timer), because Dayz is not about simplicity and convenience. It is about paranoia and choices.

If you want to change your worn backpack for a pristine one and you decide to do that in an airstrip, you take your choice, and you take your risk. That's all.

Edited by massacrorBKK
  • Like 3

To answer the op : No.

It needs to take time (whatever by swap or a timer), because Dayz is not about simplicity and convenience. It is about paranoia and choices.

If you want to change your worn backpack for a pristine one and you decide to do that in an airstrip, you take your choice, and you take your risk. That's all.

I am with you on this. DayZ is all about making the right desissions, and if you don't. You can easily get punished. That's what makes the game so great

I don't agree with this any more than I agree with the speed at which a player can completely strip and swap clothes with a dead character, which takes about six sweeps of the mouse and <10s.

No to insta-changing backpack inventories.  It should take time.

Edited by _Mandrake_