=UN= Square

=UN= Community Server | RP Encouraged | Private Hive

How come there's new loot every time you restart the server? I thought persistence was on.

Here I am thinking I have a good run going on, finding some nice unlooted spots. After a few days though, I realized I was getting things easy because the entire server is being repopulated with loot.

If you guys are cheesing something out, not cool, man. Not cool. 

How come there's new loot every time you restart the server? I thought persistence was on.

Here I am thinking I have a good run going on, finding some nice unlooted spots. After a few days though, I realized I was getting things easy because the entire server is being repopulated with loot.

I think that's because all private shard servers got the option to disable persistence as of today. Probably been done to increase the amount of loot spawning, quite a few private shards had issues with little/no loot spawning.

Unfortunately for the time being we've had to disable persistence on our servers. Persistence isn't functioning as intended on private servers and causes loot to stop spawning after 24-48 hours. We were made aware of the issue by Hicks last night and he has instructed server providers to allow private shard owners to disable persistence until the issue is resolved.

Unfortunately for the time being we've had to disable persistence on our servers. Persistence isn't functioning as intended on private servers and causes loot to stop spawning after 24-48 hours. We were made aware of the issue by Hicks last night and he has instructed server providers to allow private shard owners to disable persistence until the issue is resolved.

Does this mean that our tents will despawn?

Does this mean that our tents will despawn?

Yes. For now persistence is disabled, which means after each restart all items on the ground will get wiped. As soon as there's a fix we'll be enabling persistence again.

OK, that explains it. Thanks for the reply.

I've made due with easy mode for well over a year now, I suppose I can hang in there a little bit longer. =P

• Like 1

It occurs to me that you might wish to mention the timezone in which your server operates in your original post. 6AM start time is useless without a frame of reference. =p

It occurs to me that you might wish to mention the timezone in which your server operates in your original post. 6AM start time is useless without a frame of reference. =p

That time refers to in game time

We currently have persistence enabled on both our private servers. On the advice of the devs they will wiped every 24 hours at 7pm  EST until a hotfix is released to fix the private shard persistence bugs.

Just some info regarding today's maintenance:

A new feature, Accelerated time, has been added to all servers - both Public & Private. This can be enabled and configured in the config editor, the set value does reflect the amount of in-game hours passing during 1 real world hour. Example: Setting 24 hours would result in 24 in-game hours to pass during 1 real world hour of play.

Persistence: Private Shard customers: Are permitted to reset/purge their local storage files. They are no longer permitted to disable persistence itself. Public Hive customers: Are not permitted to reset/purge their local storage files, and are also not permitted to disable persistence itself.

We've enabled accelerated time and at the moment it's set to 4 hours. So for each hour that passes in real time, 4 hours pass in-game. Our servers begin at 7am and should end at 11pm. We would definitely appreciate feedback regarding the accelerated time and whether we should slow it down or speed it up. Also persistence is enabled by default and will only be wiped if there is an issue with it.

Edited by UNSquare

Just some info regarding today's maintenance:

A new feature, Accelerated time, has been added to all servers - both Public & Private. This can be enabled and configured in the config editor, the set value does reflect the amount of in-game hours passing during 1 real world hour. Example: Setting 24 hours would result in 24 in-game hours to pass during 1 real world hour of play.

Persistence: Private Shard customers: Are permitted to reset/purge their local storage files. They are no longer permitted to disable persistence itself. Public Hive customers: Are not permitted to reset/purge their local storage files, and are also not permitted to disable persistence itself.

We've enabled accelerated time and at the moment it's set to 4 hours. So for each hour that passes in real time, 4 hours pass in-game. Our servers begin at 7am and should end at 11pm. We would definitely appreciate feedback regarding the accelerated time and whether we should slow it down or speed it up. Also persistence is enabled by default and will only be wiped if there is an issue with it.

OH JOY!

UN is my favorite server bar none.

Ok here is my input regarding time:

As it is currently set you have a 16 hour day that begins with sun up and ends sometime after sundown, which plays out over a 4 hour time span, and constantly repeats.

What I recommend is having a full day/night cycle (begin at 7 am and e at 7 am for example) span over either 3 or 4 hours. If it spans over 4 hours then every server start will represent the passing of one day, and they will all begin at the same time. If the full day night cycle spans 3 hours instead of 4, then each new restart will be 6 hours ahead of when the last restart began the day/night cycle. So one restart will begin at 12 pm, and the next will begin at 6 pm, then 12 am, then 6 am, and then finally 12 pm again. This way each restart is slightly different than the last, and mixes it up.

I think it is important to have a dark period because of all the night time oriented objects like glow sticks, flares, flare guns, headlamps, flashlights, weapon lights, kerosine lamps, and anything else I am forgetting... Night time is just so cool, and now with crazy zombies might actually induce some horror for once.

It's going to be trial and error for a while until we get it right. Our servers restart every 4 hours and upon restart the time reverts back to 7 am, it would be cool if the server picked up where it left off time wise but for now it's not possible.

It's going to be trial and error for a while until we get it right. Our servers restart every 4 hours and upon restart the time reverts back to 7 am, it would be cool if the server picked up where it left off time wise but for now it's not possible.

How about using a factor of 6 then instead of 4? This way dawn will mean the beginning of a new restart, and players will get access to more night time play.

Was considering doing x3 and starting the servers at 6am, that way server will go from dawn til dusk. I was watching the server population tonight and once it was proper dark the population steadily dropped off. I think it's just going to be trial and error until we find the happy medium.

Those nincompoops are so pampered that they need constant day time. A shame really, night time DayZ is the best DayZ.

For the time being we've temporarily disabled the whitelist requirement for server #2.It is now open for all to play on.

We will be wiping persistence every Wednesday to help keep the loot balanced throughout the map.

We've noticed that recently "hackers" have started to make a return to dayz and in response to this we've decided to reinstate the whitelist on server 2. So if you'd like to join the 2300 already whitelisted players please follow the steps below.

NOTE: If you were previously whitelisted you do not need to reapply.

To apply for white listing please Apply Here and provide the required details(DO NOT POST YOUR DETAILS HERE):

1) SteamID (obtained by going to your steam profile, right clicking by your name and copying page URL)

2) GUID

You can get your GUID by two ways:

1) By typing "#beclient GUID" into the chat box while playing and writing it down.

2) Go to this website http://steamidconverter.com/ or http://nineteeneleven.info/index.php?loc=idfinder and paste your SteamID (ex: steamcommunity.com/id/xxxxxxxxx) profile into the search box. Copy the "steamID64" number and paste it at http://codepen.io/micovery/full/bNbLqL

Whitelist is updated as often as possible

If the information you provide is incorrect you will not be whitelisted. Please contact us via our forums if you are having issues after applying

Server 1 (60 Slots)

=UN= Community Server | RP Encouraged | Private Hive

IP: 108.174.57.251:2302

• Like 1

Great 1PP Server to play on! :D 

• Like 1