Sign in to follow this  
idk14

Hardcore vs Easycore lol

Lol, i wanna ask.. since some of you may have mroe experience.. i heard that in hardcore servers (Only first person) there are more mature players, and usually the encounters with them are mostly friendly, not always dieing like in third person... what can you guys tell me about that? i never played hardcore, well, not to lie, i played about 1 hour of hardcore but never encountered anyone... so .. i want to hear opinions from old hardcore players.. please?

I've always played hardcore until now that there are no hardcore servers on experimental. And 4/5 times when I meet someone, I shoot them in the face. So I wouldn't know. :P

• Like 2

I've always played hardcore until now that there are no hardcore servers on experimental. And 4/5 times when I meet someone, I shoot them in the face. So I wouldn't know. :P

Man you don't deserve to live.. 

Other opinions?

Well, i played both, i think at hardcore is more mature and friendly players. Most players which want to KoS going to Normal, cuz there is easier to hunt players due camera. No need to lean to see someone, just good camera angle. I wouldn't say there is big diffrent in amount of players like that, but i think at Hardcore i met more fine players.

Edited by TokumeiSennin

I don't deserve to live?

At least I don't pretend to be politically correct "hero" player.

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 5

Is this a clone of an old topic that got closed? The title sounds familiar...

Also do not refer to the different modes as "hardcore" and "easycore" because thats just plain wrong. None is easier than the other it all depends on the situation. First person is more immersive while third person gives you increased awareness (basically a free periscope). Now the latter is by no means easier as other players also got increased awareness and might use it against you and because this awareness is not symmetric (which is why you might find more campers in third person - its simply stronger there). First person on the other side has mainly symmetric line of sight and thus plays more "natural" in PvP situations - which does not mean it is easier either, just different.

As I've said before, I was shot at first by "heroes" in DayZmod when I did nothing threatening nor was I bandit-skinned. Thus, I do not trust anyone either.

So this reply to passive-aggressive behaviour:

Is quite humorous.

Besides that, I'm not sure there are more "friendly" people so to speak, but from what I've heard there are less hackers. I've only come across 2-3 questionable/possible hackers in all of my SA playtime (80 hours?) and I've played about 95% of that on hardcore servers.

Edited by bonesnap

You are another one I really hope to get in front of my LRS at some point  :P 

More friendly?

Don't think so, maybe a bit though yes.

Less hackers?

Yes, definitely

As I've said before, I was shot at first by "heroes" in DayZmod when I did nothing threatening nor was I bandit-skinned. Thus, I do not trust anyone either.

Thats because any ingame "karma system" will ultimately fail in deciding who is "good" or who is "bad". The mods skins only show you that players follow a particular fixed moral codex taking actions that award them points towards that particular appearance. In the end it has nothing to do with morality. Though to get the bandit skin you probably had to do some ammoral things but there might still be moral "bandits" that behave like some kind of "anti-hero" or "knight templar".

I think your question should be answered by your preferred play style as opposed to the players you may encounter. 1PP (the only way I play) is very immersive and quite intense in my opinion. The 3PP has some nice advantages with the ability to see over walls and around some corners. 

My advice would be to choose a "view" that seems most comfortable for you. When it comes to other players I would advise extreme caution regardless of the server type.