Sign in to follow this  
rickyriot

Zombie door blockers - solution

Not sure if many of you have run into this, and apologies if it's already been mentioned, but sometimes I find myself with a little pile of zombies at a doorway which I am unable to walk over nor vault. While this isn't a huge deal as the zombies will disappear fairly quickly this method might also work for other player bodies if they trap you in a room - something that happened to me at a barracks, and I just ended up logging out and coming back later once the body had gone - as obviously player bodies have a much longer persistence once dead.

Anyway, crawling is the answer, as can be seen below...

1) Doorway blocked:

Cisyg4y.jpg

2) Crawl, crawl, crawl:

AexTTnP.jpg

3) FREEDOM! (Said in a broad Scots accent)

kiwkSK4.jpg

As I say, this might work for player bodies too, but I've not actually tried it yet.

• Like 5

Have you tried vaulting over them at all? Used to work just fine for me.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

Yeah, vaulting didn't work. This is twice it's happened in the latest build (zombies this time, player before that). Obviously zombie bodies clear themselves quite quickly, but I spent maybe 10 minutes trying to get past a body in the doorway of the first room (the blue tiled 'bathroom') of the barracks with no luck. I didn't try crawling then, just with these guys. 

I wouldn't count myself as a novice at either DayZ or games in general so I did all the usual tricks of running and jumping, jumping at an angle, trying to glitch the wall/door while jumping, etc.

Crawling was my, "oh, go on then, I've tried everything else". Absolutely no resistance, clipped straight through with ease.

• Like 1

What happened to burying them,same with players this option has been taken out will it come back?

I didn't realise the "hide body" option had gone until I encountered this. I honestly don't know how long it's been missing from the options.

In terms of realism, it's a bit daft to be able to make a body sink into the ground, so I am not so sure I want the option returned. What would be nice though would be, if you have a spade, the option to bury a body. It's good to be able to hide your tracks. 

Of course the option to drag bodies and stuff them into wardrobes would be even better! :D

• Like 1

In the latest builds (exp and stable .50) I was unable to vault over them as I could in the past.

• Like 2

this happen to me other day :|

I was run in the house zed follow I wait in the door and when zed come I was kill with axe ;)

after was not possible leave the room, vault, step over run jump prone crawl nothing working :o

is need to be fix is making no sense healthy human cannot walk over dead zombie, please fix <_<

I didn't realise the "hide body" option had gone until I encountered this. I honestly don't know how long it's been missing from the options.

In terms of realism, it's a bit daft to be able to make a body sink into the ground, so I am not so sure I want the option returned. What would be nice though would be, if you have a spade, the option to bury a body. It's good to be able to hide your tracks. 

Of course the option to drag bodies and stuff them into wardrobes would be even better! :D

Im with you i think dragging would be good option this was in the mod,is there going to be this option in game at any stage?

Burying them with out a shove i can understand,but dragging them away from doorways and like like would be a good option..

Im with you i think dragging would be good option this was in the mod,is there going to be this option in game at any stage?

Burying them with out a shove i can understand,but dragging them away from doorways and like like would be a good option..

I realise DayZ is now some way away from Arma, but it had the lift and carry option. I do seem to remember one of the devs (rocket?) going on about putting this into the build at some point so you could drag your buddy out of the line of fire to perform triage. Who knows when it was said, mind, might have been ages ago and it's been dropped. 

Yeah, vaulting didn't work. This is twice it's happened in the latest build (zombies this time, player before that). Obviously zombie bodies clear themselves quite quickly, but I spent maybe 10 minutes trying to get past a body in the doorway of the first room (the blue tiled 'bathroom') of the barracks with no luck. I didn't try crawling then, just with these guys. 

I wouldn't count myself as a novice at either DayZ or games in general so I did all the usual tricks of running and jumping, jumping at an angle, trying to glitch the wall/door while jumping, etc.

Crawling was my, "oh, go on then, I've tried everything else". Absolutely no resistance, clipped straight through with ease.

Hiding the body is still in, it just seems that it can only be done outside and not while in a building.

• Like 1

Bury body in concrete road or in floor of building sounds stupid. Its great that zombie corpses stay longer now, you can know if someone was here recently. Maybe they can make blood drops (when player is wounded) stay on ground for some time. But there should be option to move dead bodies, asap. Its imposible to voult over them when they are stuck at dooway. I do little RP and try to cut them in peaces with axe :)

Hiding the body is still in, it just seems that it can only be done outside and not while in a building.

Ah, now, that does make sense. 

Guys hit the corpse (zombie or player) with a melee weapon and then you can walk right over them. Sounds like bs I know but try it, it works.

One of my biggest gripes about the game at this point is the horrible jumping system.  I was blocked in a barracks room this weekend by a dead zed and player, after spending a few minutes trying to escape I finally gave up and logged out to avoid someone investigating the gun shots and shooting me like a fish in a barrel.   Honestly, how did "vault" survive this long?  I heard the movement is something they are working upon but it can not come fast enough.

Thanks for the tip Ricp!

Edited by Briljin

Sometimes really nothing works and you just have to wait for them to disappear.

Had this happen to me twice last night, both times I was barricaded in a room with zombies at the entrance, dead on the floor.  Tried everything, vaulted from every angle nothing would work.  Both times I just waited for them to despawn and then I went through.

If/when it happens again will have to try the crawling trick and/or the melee trick.  Definitely would suck if you had any non-friendlies nearby though!