threedogification

Signs of damage (Bruises, Cuts, Bullet wounds)

Hello all, I had an interesting suggestion: Noticeable signs of damage!

This would mean that on our character, we would see bruises and cuts (if attacked by a zed) or bullet wounds (if attacked by an armed player). If not bandaged or sewn up, these wounds would drain blood and leave trails and bloodsoaked clothes. Your clothes stay bloody until you wash them out under a spigot or in a river/stream. This is pretty much an idea that came straight from GTA V, a game that gets malleable characters right. 

Without further ado, some badly illustrated... illustrations to show my meaning:

post-205171-0-08456300-1415520137_thumb.

and 

post-205171-0-87670100-1415520152_thumb.

• Like 3

Yeah, they will undoubtedly add this later in development - Still a nice idea though.

Eventually I hope to be able to tell where someone was shot by looking at exit and entry points of bullets.

I hope this gets implemented eventually. And I hope it's done right. 

Also: beards & crippled walking animations

Crippled animations have already been showcased and mentioned in the latest developer blog that they will be in soon.

• Like 1

Crippled animations have already been showcased and mentioned in the latest developer blog that they will be in soon.

I knew they had been showcased, but haven't read the last dev blog, great news :D I really hope and think that stuff like getting cripled, getting scars, growing (facial) hear etc adds to the immersion and feel of a character, making life more valuable to players.

• Like 1

Also suggested this a long time ago. They already have an overlay to show clothing damage, one more to show wounds shouldn't be a problem.

x3igQNB.jpg

Great idea will greatly expand the way of wounds. But before this realistic bleeding(I'm gushing out blood for being scratched or punched by a zed or what ever then hell he's doing he's not biting)

Also suggested this a long time ago. They already have an overlay to show clothing damage, one more to show wounds shouldn't be a problem.

x3igQNB.jpg

I just hope this stuff will be done actually around the wound location. Not like in ARMA when the damage texture is always the same every time(kind of like the ruined clothes in DayZ, only there its ruined humans).