Sign in to follow this  
Grundlesmuggler

New backpack?

To preface: It was pointed out to me a short while ago that me getting on other users for posting non-stop about cosmetic additions and other functionally worthless shit over bug fixing and gameplay expansion was a little out of place because an Alpha is meant to add content and a beta is meant to fix it.  So I apologize to whoever I've offended so far. 

So to keep in line with the community, and make "alpha-type" suggestions, I wanted to first what people think about the Camo mountain backpack they are thinking about adding/maybe adding to experimental?  1st person issues: can't see behind you and really how much better is this than the current hunting backpack. 3rd person issues: how much better is it, honestly....

Now to my suggestion:

Can we get a black backpack!?!?!!?!?!?!?  I look so effing stupid with my preferred clothing and a hunting backpack.  The large improvised bag looks a little better but still ridiculous.  Just let me get a black hunting backpack or be able to paint the courier bag black and I'm good.  

• Like 1

They have added a black backpack to the experimental build. It has color variations, one of them is black.

• Like 1

A black 28-slot waterproof bag exists in exp. I'd like the ability to spraypaint backpacks.

I'd be down with going burglar-style spraypainting clothes and bags black. Spray your guns black. each part. make sure you get it in the chamber. spray your shoes black, spray your glasses black. spray your eyes black and your axe too. also spray your friend black.  it's not racist, it's just lending a hand. he's cooler now. 

• Like 2

To preface: It was pointed out to me a short while ago that me getting on other users for posting non-stop about cosmetic additions and other functionally worthless shit over bug fixing and gameplay expansion was a little out of place because an Alpha is meant to add content and a beta is meant to fix it.  So I apologize to whoever I've offended so far. 

So to keep in line with the community, and make "alpha-type" suggestions, I wanted to first what people think about the Camo mountain backpack they are thinking about adding/maybe adding to experimental?  1st person issues: can't see behind you and really how much better is this than the current hunting backpack. 3rd person issues: how much better is it, honestly....

Now to my suggestion:

Can we get a black backpack!?!?!!?!?!?!?  I look so effing stupid with my preferred clothing and a hunting backpack.  The large improvised bag looks a little better but still ridiculous.  Just let me get a black hunting backpack or be able to paint the courier bag black and I'm good.  

Dry Bags come in a rarer black form as well but everyone will be happy cause there will be more color options per say with packs.

Damn I need to play experimental more.  Doesn't it wipe your stable characters though?

No, it doesn't.

They have added a black backpack to the experimental build. It has color variations, one of them is black.

You have found a black dry bag? confirmed?

No, it doesn't.

I'm assuming there is some way to be able to play both?  Like going back and forth.  Google will help me figure this out tomorrow night.

• Like 1

I'm assuming there is some way to be able to play both?  Like going back and forth.  Google will help me figure this out tomorrow night.

Yes, exactly right.  Right click DayZ in steam on the left.  Select properties, beta tab is on the right.  Use pulldown to opt into beta.  Launch game will force DL.

Select no beta, press lauch and it will force DL taking you back to regular.   You can keep a player on each.   B)

You have found a black dry bag? confirmed?

Confirmed.

• Like 1

Yes, exactly right.  Right click DayZ in steam on the left.  Select properties, beta tab is on the right.  Use pulldown to opt into beta.  Launch game will force DL.

Select no beta, press lauch and it will force DL taking you back to regular.   You can keep a player on each.   B)

Oh cool.  I thought it would wipe my stable guys so I've never tried.

Post a picture for me so I can fap

Google.

B1IsKkuIQAAub7w.jpg

Shoulda done that myself...woops.

Thats okay, you learned.

Lesson #2 is go through the thread and give beans to all the friendly people who helped you.  :thumbsup: :beans:

• Like 2

I'd be down with going burglar-style spraypainting clothes and bags black. Spray your guns black. each part. make sure you get it in the chamber. spray your shoes black, spray your glasses black. spray your eyes black and your axe too. also spray your friend black.  it's not racist, it's just lending a hand. he's cooler now. 

we could tag zombies!

[edit]  and deer!

[edit]  and spraypaint 'kick me' on new spawns  :D

Edited by Red_Ensign

we could tag zombies!

[edit]  and deer!

[edit]  and spraypaint 'kick me' on new spawns  :D

YES!!!!! Using new spawns as graffiti boards would be awesome.  As long as I have my black backpack of course.

Now to my suggestion:

Im sure Im like number 14 to say this, but I had no time to scroll and read.. so here it goes.

Black Dry Bag is in.. use it until other options arise. 

dayz-my-new-drybag-0-501.jpg