Mookie (original)

Hopes for 0.50 stable

Sounds good to me! :-D

BTW u got a link to changes? I didn't find a good overview so far and did not Play experimental also.

Playing 0.50 is not exactly "good", believe me. Sometimes it's far from being funny, sometimes it's downright annoying...but it's way better than easymode 0.49, or cheap military sim 0.48. 0.50 is not the solution at the current "ArmA with zombies" problem: it's just a step towards a proper "survival" game, even if the developers overreached with this one and tried too hard to make life in Chernarus miserable. I hope 0.51 and all following versions of the game will be progressively better (and more balanced).

Edited by DocWolf
  • Like 1

bipods?

you mean bipod for the Mosin?

it got removed, and the DEVs did this intentionally. They want to make the Mosin more of a beginner-med-long-range bolt-action-rifle, not THE go-to-sniperrifle.

(Also the DEVs want to decrease and limit the long-range-Kill-On-Sight, which is made veery easy with a bipodded Mosin with LRS + comp.

Btw, the Mosin is still pretty accurate alone, and with Comp. even better.

I, personally, am just waiting for the lever-action-rifle. Got mah tent up inna woods, store the AKM, some Cowboy-clothes and lots of .357 in it and travel arounc Chernarus, pretending to be Clint Eastwood in a Zombie-Apocalypse and shit.

Is your tent staying up?

.50 is the opposite of .49... It marks the first time I've ever had to pick apples just to survive. I imagine it'll be quite a shock for those who don't play experimental. Those who have geared up and stocked up on food and drink should be alright, but those who are just running around with a backpack full of guns and ammunition are going to get a very nasty surprise when they die from starvation, thirst or hypothermia :P

.50 is the opposite of .49... It marks the first time I've ever had to pick apples just to survive. I imagine it'll be quite a shock for those who don't play experimental. Those who have geared up and stocked up on food and drink should be alright, but those who are just running around with a backpack full of guns and ammunition are going to get a very nasty surprise when they die from starvation, thirst or hypothermia :P

Can't wait to Play it... hopefully the Servers will be back tonight :-)

People who mention shoe degradation obviously do not understand the purpose of the experimental branch.

Reading comprehension was bad before short form messaging popularity (text/instant messaging) and has only become far worse.

:facepalm:

I did mention shoe degradation but i do understand the purpose of it being that way in experimental.

However im still hopping it takes MUCH MUCH longer for them to wear out. Having your shoes wear out in an hour or 2 would be rather ridiculous even still. Shoes take years to degrade if cared for right. I could understand the case being for running on rough terrain all day though.

Can't wait to Play it... hopefully the Servers will be back tonight :-)

You can play on a handful of servers right now if you opt into the betas in your Steam client, but I must warn you, the crash-to-desktop thing is a real risk ATM. Happened to me three times the past hour.

I did mention shoe degradation but i do understand the purpose of it being that way in experimental.

However im still hopping it takes MUCH MUCH longer for them to wear out. Having your shoes wear out in an hour or 2 would be rather ridiculous even still. Shoes take years to degrade if cared for right. I could understand the case being for running on rough terrain all day though.

I've noticed that jogging instead of sprinting severely reduces the wear and tear. If you sprint, your shoes will be gone in 15 minutes. I've stuck to jogging, and after 25 minutes my running shoes are still pristine.

• Like 2

3. Heli crashes. Can we either take out the Mi-8s and go back to three UH60s per restart, or have proper Mi-8 loot please.

I dont understand the holdup on fixing the loot table for this. All I want is a SMERSH and to see that RAK submachinegun in action.

• Like 1

I dont understand the holdup on fixing the loot table for this. All I want is a SMERSH and to see that RAK submachinegun in action.

I would like this myself to.

The SMERSH was supposed to be scattered throughout the world in game to where you could find  them much easier. Not just limited to chopper crash sites.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Will there be any changes made to .50 when the stable version is released? Or will we be playing .50 as it was during the last experimental update?

I would like this myself to.

The SMERSH was supposed to be scattered throughout the world in game to where you could find  them much easier. Not just limited to chopper crash sites.

I remember that Dev blog, I really don't like hearing "Yeah we fixed it, it should be more common now" two updates ago.

Will there be any changes made to .50 when the stable version is released? Or will we be playing .50 as it was during the last experimental update?

It wont be the exact same build. But noone can tell what will be different. What has been said by the devs today was that 7 out of 8 known causes for server-side crashes got fixed, and it's likely that the shoe degradation will be nerfed.

Hopefully we'll see the shoe life cycle get extended.

I hope I'll not, but I am prepared to die from starvation.

I hope the MP5K gets its stock back...

No, it is time they removed m4 stock and AKM stock. Why would you need a stock? Useless. We need more scopes.

I hope I'll not, but I am prepared to die from starvation.

If once again it is gonna be copy-paste from exp to stable, then people are gonna have a bad time with zombies. Punches work 10 times worse than currently in stable, zombies walk through walls like 10 months ago... and yet people care about shoes getting ruined after 10 minutes...

I don't understand what most of you are talking about who cares about items when some people cant even play the game anymore!

What we need for 0.50 stable in order of importance:

1. The bug fix for the 0-1 fps bug.

2. Invincible zombies bug.

3. Working loot re spawns.

4. Better zombie collision detection.

5. Shoes and food fixes.

• Like 1

Hoping player speeds are reduced. I reinstalled yesterday just to give it another shot and I just can't play it. The fast player speed + broken melee = someone coming up and knocking you out in one hit.

Why is someone who is 30 feet away and unarmed more dangerous than someone with a shotgun

When 0.50 will roll on stable there will be much weeping, ragequit and gnashing of teeth. People will complain about inclement weather, absurd temperature drops, unrealistic hunger and thirst, senseless item degradation, scarce loot and such. But there will be "survival" in this game, oh yes, there will be. Less "yay I've got two round mags!" and more "oh God please I need a raincoat and a pair of shoes".

Brace for impact, the military kiddos are going to throw a tantrum.

Good maybe they'll go back to COD and have us role players (good or evil) be able to play again.

• Like 1

My hope is:

1. Not so fast dmg for shoes when running like in exp... its unreal that's after +-3km shoes are ruined :/

2. Droped items keeped in hands during switch don't disappear >_>.

3. Less respawn rate for electric weapons.

My hope is:

1. Not so fast dmg for shoes when running like in exp... its unreal that's after +-3km shoes are ruined :/

*snip*

You do not understand the purpose of experimental branch and you did not read/comprehend the rest of this thread.

• Like 1

If once again it is gonna be copy-paste from exp to stable, then people are gonna have a bad time with zombies. Punches work 10 times worse than currently in stable, zombies walk through walls like 10 months ago... and yet people care about shoes getting ruined after 10 minutes...

I played experimental a few times and I always died from starvation. My feet hurt, many zombies took a liking on me, but I always died from starvation. Although I found some food here and there, it was never enough.

Update has been cancelled.

I am not disappointed.

Edited by Yazar8