keeper23

Very Clever

So, I'm what you would call a Newbie to this game.  I'm starting to get the hang of it, but still learning.  I've killed hundreds of zombies, but only 2 people, and that is because I was bum rushed by a bunch of foreigners who spoke broken English.  SOB's!  Anywho, I was spending time @ Green Mountain Sanctuary.  It seemed like a safe place to practice, get loot and get the hang of shit without having to worry about other peeps popping caps in your ass.  Things were going well until....

So I was running around aimlessly down a road in some town when along came a person I will refer to as Lola.  Now I'm not dumb but I can't understand how she walked like a woman but talked like a man.  Well, I guess there is a place in the world for a woman like you, but I digress.  So Lola asked me to kill her, (I had my axe with me).  She only had on underwear. I initially said no, but the dude started punching me, so I axed Lola, but left her unconscious.  So I moved on.

About 4 minutes later, another underwear wearing dude asked me to kill him.  I told him suicide is no solution, but he was persistent.  He said he didn't like where he spawned and would like to re-spawn somewhere else.  I raised my axe, he said his final words of, "I love you," and I axed the shit out of him.  God rest ye soul.  Godspeed!  15 seconds later, I was dead.  I learned immediately that if you kill in Green Mountain, you are deader than disco.  This was a good strategy to pull over on this Newbie.  Why?  Did I mention I had a Mosin?  No doubt the guy raced back after spawning to pick it up. 

Hello there

Folk who ask you to kill them because they dont like their spawn?

Pedestrians.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 7

People who suicide to get "better" spawns are hilariously bad at the game, and should feel bad.

IMHO.

• Like 6

People who suicide to get "better" spawns are hilariously bad at the game, and should feel bad.

IMHO.

By that logic more than half of the whole game's player base is hilariously bad at this game and should also, for SOME REASON, feel bad about it, despite this being purely a video game...

Everyone has killed their character purposely once for a better spawn. Who gives a shit?

It's just a game. People will always do it. Makes for atmosphere, too, seeing lines of bodies next to a tall cliff...

Just today, I came across 3 bodies in Cheranya Polana. You know, that town with plenty of good item spawns, Novo and Svetlo right down the road? Yet, they decided to kill themselves for another spin of the lottery spawn. I don't get it.

What is a "better spawn"? Closer to friends? I ran from Berezino to the town NW of the NWAF in 20 minutes. Closer to Military Bases? Whatever, I (personally) don't care. Some people might, however.

Anything "better" in this game is entirely arbitrary.

• Like 3

Just today, I came across 3 bodies in Cheranya Polana. You know, that town with plenty of good item spawns, Novo and Svetlo right down the road? Yet, they decided to kill themselves for another spin of the lottery spawn. I don't get it.

What is a "better spawn"? Closer to friends? I ran from Berezino to the town NW of the NWAF in 20 minutes. Closer to Military Bases? Whatever, I (personally) don't care. Some people might, however.

A "better spawn" is closer to where you want to be, whether it's a specific town or friends or whatever.  Of course it's arbitrary, it's subjective based on the person's motives.

That doesn't mean it's pointless, and saying people who do it are bad at the game is ridiculous.

Why should I run 20 minutes to meet up with friends when I can respawn with a high probability of being a lot closer?  Even if we assumed it took as long to get a spawn close to where you want to be as it would to run there, it's still easier.  Doing something because it's easier doesn't necessarily mean you're bad at it, in fact in some cases it means you're better at it.  Working harder instead of smarter can often be noble, but it doesn't mean the opposite is bad.

As for the OP I'm kinda confused, are you implying that you think you died because you killed some one at green mountain and that's a mechanic of the game or something?

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 2

Everyone has killed their character purposely once for a better spawn. Who gives a shit?

By that logic I'm sure you do a lot of undesirable things in this game because "everyone has done it".

• Like 2

By that logic I'm sure you do a lot of undesirable things in this game because "everyone has done it".

hah, everyone haxs in the game. who gives a shit?

oh wait.

• Like 2

What is a "better spawn"? 

Closer to where you just died in your previous life, and therefore closer to your sweet, sweet loot.

Couple of us killed the same guy four times the other night as he kept coming back to his body.  

My, how we laughed.

• Like 1

Bah.  Your post is trash because your logic is faulty as hell.  I'll tell you why.

First off, when you say you ran from Berezino to NWAF in 20 minutes, what the hell does that have to do with the discussion?  You can't do that as a fresh spawn, you'll die.  You need supplies to make a trip like that, or you'll find yourself starting over, wasting more time.  Which gets me to my next point, wasting time. 

I play this game with friends.  In this game, sometimes people die.  Sometimes my friends die.  Sometimes I die.  Ever climb to the second floor of the fire station and die?  Ever get killed by an invisible zombie?  You ever just spawn in, then immediately die?  None of those things happening make you bad at the game, only an idiot would think that.

Now, when friends play together in this game, how do you imagine them playing?  2 at NWAF, 1 at Balota, and 3 at Electro?  I ask this because you apparently don't have any friends, or you would know that friends who play this game tend to group up, in-game, because it helps with survival.  It's a united we stand, divided we fall kinda thing.  So guess what happens when a group of 5 guys in Electro run into another group, and one of their group is killed?  Never mind, I will tell you, since your previous posts would suggest you coming up with something silly as an answer.  That team member gets back to the group, as quickly as possible.  Know why?  Because the odds of survival, for both the individual and the group, increases when unified.

So really, if you aren't busting your ass to get back to the group as fast as you can, you are being a prick.

You could loot where you spawn, then set out to meet back up with the group, but when there is an option that is quicker, leading to increased survival odds for all involved, why would you not take it?

I just gave you a specific reason, and it wasn't arbitrary.

Sorry for picking on your post, but it was garbage due to faulty logic, and I had to expose that.  Good day.

• Like 1

I think it's mostly get closer to your buddies, atleast in my experience.

Towns like Chernaya Polana are hardly bad spawn places anyway.

I think it's mostly get closer to your buddies, atleast in my experience.

Towns like Chernaya Polana are hardly bad spawn places anyway.

that Kamenka feeling :lol:

that Kamenka feeling :lol:

Heh yeah, back in mod, Kamenka was a bad news :-).

On the other hand now, in standalone, Kamenka is pretty decent!

Nearby supermarket, Pavlovo mil base then Zeleno. I'd say it's one of the best spawns except when your buddies are in Novo or something.

• Like 1

Yeah, you can keep telling yourself that if you want.

If you take a look at the death maps, you'd see it's pretty much fact.

• Like 1

hah, everyone haxs in the game. who gives a shit?

oh wait.

Difference is, this statement is false while the other statement at least has a map of player deaths to corroborate the assertion.

I only do it if I'm a freshie that took way too much glitching zombie damage or when I want to meet up with friends (as a freshie)...Other than that, I just hoof it.  Also, whoever said you need supplies to make it from east to NWAF, that's hardly true.  I've made it there fresh with a bottle of water and a wool coat.  Found a hat in a train on the way and found some food when I got there, wasn't hard.  It might take a little more than 20 mins tho, more like 25 to 30 ish.

IMHO.

Hmmmmmm.  Really?  Such a simple statement.  Take one very small aspect of this entire game and make one large general assumption.  The ignorance in this speaks volumes.

• Like 1

Anywho, I was spending time @ Green Mountain Sanctuary. 

.....and now you are doomed for ALL eternity.

You should have asked someone, ANYONE, about *looks about and leans into whisper* "Green Mountain" before going there. Oh you noobie fool! We could have saved you but now it's too late :(

Heh yeah, back in mod, Kamenka was a bad news :-).

On the other hand now, in standalone, Kamenka is pretty decent!

Nearby supermarket, Pavlovo mil base then Zeleno. I'd say it's one of the best spawns except when your buddies are in Novo or something.

Kamenka was always my favourite spawn point in the mod... If you just head north you can hit 3 deer stands and a few barns before you get to Zelenegorsk, find a few bits and pieces there before heading on up to the NW airfield.

• Like 3

Now I'm not dumb but I can't understand how she walked like a woman but talked like a man.  Well, I guess there is a place in the world for a woman like you, but I digress.

In some games those are called "Mangina" (you know, like vagina, but a man). I was running around Elektro yesterday with a guy who was stoned off his ass and he was calling them "Dude Chicks".

I'm still trying to determine from the description how Bman was tricked and what exactly happened that got him killed 15 seconds later?

Bah.  Your post is trash because your logic is faulty as hell.  I'll tell you why.

First off, when you say you ran from Berezino to NWAF in 20 minutes, what the hell does that have to do with the discussion?  You can't do that as a fresh spawn, you'll die.  You need supplies to make a trip like that, or you'll find yourself starting over, wasting more time.  Which gets me to my next point, wasting time. 

I play this game with friends.  In this game, sometimes people die.  Sometimes my friends die.  Sometimes I die.  Ever climb to the second floor of the fire station and die?  Ever get killed by an invisible zombie?  You ever just spawn in, then immediately die?  None of those things happening make you bad at the game, only an idiot would think that.

Now, when friends play together in this game, how do you imagine them playing?  2 at NWAF, 1 at Balota, and 3 at Electro?  I ask this because you apparently don't have any friends, or you would know that friends who play this game tend to group up, in-game, because it helps with survival.  It's a united we stand, divided we fall kinda thing.  So guess what happens when a group of 5 guys in Electro run into another group, and one of their group is killed?  Never mind, I will tell you, since your previous posts would suggest you coming up with something silly as an answer.  That team member gets back to the group, as quickly as possible.  Know why?  Because the odds of survival, for both the individual and the group, increases when unified.

So really, if you aren't busting your ass to get back to the group as fast as you can, you are being a prick.

You could loot where you spawn, then set out to meet back up with the group, but when there is an option that is quicker, leading to increased survival odds for all involved, why would you not take it?

I just gave you a specific reason, and it wasn't arbitrary.

Sorry for picking on your post, but it was garbage due to faulty logic, and I had to expose that.  Good day.

I should reiterate: I did the Berezino-NWAF run about a month ago, back when you didn't die of hunger and cold before 10 minutes. And, I was running back to friends, as I had died via axe-applied-to-head. 

Remember, no matter how secluded you think you are, there IS someone there. We were out at Sinistok, before it was even on the map, or had a name.

Edited by Whyherro123