keeper23

Very Clever

Hmmmmmm.  Really?  Such a simple statement.  Take one very small aspect of this entire game and make one large general assumption.  The ignorance in this speaks volumes.

Sure. I remember back in January 2013, when you would find STACKS of freshspawn bodies under the fuel tank at Solnichny. They commited suicide in order to get some of that sweet Balota PvP action.

So, sorry if I find in-game suicide to be highly suspect, and to have it say something about you. (Namely, that you would rather die in-game than sprint the 15-20 minutes from Solni to Balota.)

But, go on being deep, you philosopher you.

Hello there

Ive personally never done it AFAIK, even when we have had organised events and Ive had to run to  a certain place for a certain time, I still managed it (20 mins later). That was a fresh spawn but a few builds ago.

IMHO even if your short on time or have not seen your buddy for years, suicide to obtain a better spawn is, in my book, not cool.

For me the game is all about the struggle. If I want an easy gametime Ill play something else.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

People who suicide to get "better" spawns are hilariously bad at the game, and should feel bad.

IMHO.

People who run halfway across the map when they could've jumped off the cliff 5 ft away from where they spawned and instantly spawn where they'd like to be are the ones who are hilariously bad.

I mean, if you feel better about wasting more of your life hiking in a PC game, then you're a very sad, strange individual. Most people actually want to appreciate their time on this planet, not sitting there with a quarter lodged in their keyboard.

Edited by t1337Dude

Kamenka was always my favourite spawn point in the mod... If you just head north you can hit 3 deer stands and a few barns before you get to Zelenegorsk, find a few bits and pieces there before heading on up to the NW airfield.

Listen to this gentleman.  He is very wise. ;)

People who run halfway across the map when they could've jumped off the cliff 5 ft away from where they spawned and instantly spawn where they'd like to be are the ones who are hilariously bad.

I mean, if you feel better about wasting more of your life hiking in a PC game, then you're a very sad, strange individual. Most people actually want to appreciate their time on this planet, not sitting there with a quarter lodged in their keyboard.

Back when I made the run, all the spawns were in the North East, AKA the EXACT OPPOSITE of where I wanted to go.

I could've suicided, then ended up in Svetlo, Krasno, etc......then made the 20 minute run. Or,  I could've made the run right away.

Hopefully, the devs make it so you can spawn all over the map, so that people that suicide in order to make a 5 minute run go by faster, get screwed over and have to run for 10 minutes instead.

Back when I made the run, all the spawns were in the North East, AKA the EXACT OPPOSITE of where I wanted to go.

I could've suicided, then ended up in Svetlo, Krasno, etc......then made the 20 minute run. Or,  I could've made the run right away.

Hopefully, the devs make it so you can spawn all over the map, so that people that suicide in order to make a 5 minute run go by faster, get screwed over and have to run for 10 minutes instead.

You can already spawn pretty much all over the map. I once found myself spawned up in Vyborg, when I needed to be in Electro ASAP. I killed myself and was spawned right outside Electro in the next minute. I wouldn't pretend that this is a balanced game where hiking across the map instead of instantly spawning across the map actually means anything. The only thing it means is that you're a fool who likes to waste your time. If you like to waste time running - good for you. Most people prefer not to waste their available play time hiking.

Edited by t1337Dude

Hello there

Folk who ask you to kill them because they dont like their spawn?

Pedestrians. Plebeians

Rgds

LoK

Fixed that for you Lok.

• Like 4

i've def killed myself on purpose after spawn - getting gibbed by a staircase, or a hacker, to end up spawning on the other side of the map from my friends? yea no thanks

Fixed that for you Lok.

That's a great point Steak - because if they were pedestrians they would have walked/ran there rather than jumped to their deaths. LOL.  :beans:

• Like 2

That's a great point Steak - because if they were pedestrians they would have walked/ran there rather than jumped to their deaths. LOL.  :beans:

Its dynamically poised.

• Like 2

Its dynamically poised.

Like you.

Regardless, in game "suicide" is something ill never agree with many players on, especially when its used to get a "better" spawn point.

I do agree that some elements, like coming upon a pile of bodies is interesting but i still think the majority are done for the wrong reason.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I should reiterate: I did the Berezino-NWAF run about a month ago, back when you didn't die of hunger and cold before 10 minutes. And, I was running back to friends, as I had died via axe-applied-to-head.

Remember, no matter how secluded you think you are, there IS someone there. We were out at Sinistok, before it was even on the map, or had a name.

I did a run from the coast at Svet to Severograd in a T-shirt the other day and was fine other than really hungry and thirsty. So it's not unreasonable

By that logic I'm sure you do a lot of undesirable things in this game because "everyone has done it".

Assumptions, assumptions. I'm just pointing out the fact that everyone does it and you can't stop that. I rarely play the game anymore and when I did, I did not exploit, I did not do 'undesirable things'. I have yet to play with someone who doesn't suicide for better spawns every once in a blue moon. Stop demonizing me because I'm pointing out something obvious.

• Like 1

I'm just pointing out the fact that everyone does it

Assumptions, assumptions.

• Like 2

Kamenka was always my favourite spawn point in the mod... If you just head north you can hit 3 deer stands and a few barns before you get to Zelenegorsk, find a few bits and pieces there before heading on up to the NW airfield.

right. additionally there were some bike spawns nearby. this dayz was great.

Everyone has killed their character purposely once for a better spawn. Who gives a shit?

I haven't.

Not that I give a shit about others doing so.

• Like 1

I did the Kamenka run in less than 12 parsecs :D

• Like 1

Somebody doesn't understand the game.....

Suicide is a legit (though not very immersive) strategy to attempt getting a better spawn. I really don't see how a player using this for their convenience can be regarded as a bad player because of it. This logic is as flawed as it gets. Sure, in order to make the game more realistic and prevent people from suiciding like their in-game life wasn't worth 2 shits, the devs should do something about it (increase the respawn timer after multiple deaths within a short period of time? Yes please), but until it's available and not forbidden, it's just a convenience which people will not ditch, because it wouldn't make sense to.

• Like 1

Problem with Kamenka was, that if you were playing with buddies chances were, they were often rather far from that place.

This made the lighthouse east of Kamenka favorite place of suicide.

But yea, even in mod Kamenka spawn could be utilised to quick push towards Zeleno and later to NWA.

Btw deer stands in mod were nerfed after some time, so they ceased to be good place to loot and almost useless to visit.

Suicide is a legit (though not very immersive) strategy to attempt getting a better spawn. I really don't see how a player using this for their convenience can be regarded as a bad player because of it. This logic is as flawed as it gets. Sure, in order to make the game more realistic and prevent people from suiciding like their in-game life wasn't worth 2 shits, the devs should do something about it (increase the respawn timer after multiple deaths within a short period of time? Yes please), but until it's available and not forbidden, it's just a convenience which people will not ditch, because it wouldn't make sense to.

Exactly.

It's just an exploit in the game currently there's tons in many games it's something the devs haven't changed or overlooked, it's not cheating it's using an unintended feature of the game to quickly get what or to where you need.

I mean to all the people saying suicide spawning makes you bad at the game, I bet you'd shut your mouths if you knew how many people having done that had killed you. The best player in the game could do it, are they suddenly bad at the game?

That's the logic people are using here.

Look at it like microwave meals.

You're extremely hungry and you have two options for this tasty fish pie you've got, microwave it for 8 minutes or turn the oven on, wait for it to heat up for 10 minutes maybe more and then wait another 25 minutes for the pie to cook...

Where's the sense in not using the fast option?

Anyway I don't typically do it until it's obvious I'd die anyway like spawning somewhere where zombies have half killed me before I can control my dude.

As for the OP it's shit like that which makes me wish there was some kind of death message to explain why you died, it'd be nice to just see a "you were shot" message so you know it wasn't a random bullshit death at least.

Just today, I came across 3 bodies in Cheranya Polana. You know, that town with plenty of good item spawns, Novo and Svetlo right down the road? Yet, they decided to kill themselves for another spin of the lottery spawn. I don't get it.

You dont have to get it, i paid my 30$ and will do whatever the fck i want, its a viable option atm.

What is a "better spawn"? Closer to friends? I ran from Berezino to the town NW of the NWAF in 20 minutes.

Ok now i know you are totally full of shit, Bere to sini or vivi = 1km... in 20mins... sure...

Edited by Cptn_Miller
  • Like 2

Somebody doesn't understand the game.....

Ya, you...  not everyone is here to fullfill your rp needs, its an open map alpha survival game and how people play the game is not dictated by anyone other than themselves.

right. additionally there were some bike spawns nearby. this dayz was great.

Bikes didn't like spawning for me... Ever.

I did the Kamenka run in less than 12 parsecs :D

It really didn't even take that long. My friends are a lot more impatient than I am and even they liked the Kamenka route once we'd gotten it down to the point where we could navigate without using roads. Plus before the great deer stand nerf of 2013 you'd usually be incredibly well geared up by the time you got to the NW airfield.

I don't have an issue with people suiciding to get a better spawn but I don't really know what a better "spawn" is. I play the game to survive, not acquire gear so if it takes me a few hours to get decently geared I'm not fussed.