Cartoonrboy

HARDCORE | FINALdayZ | Epoch Survival | The TOUGHEST Server in DayZ

Thread cleaned by OP's request.

OP gave beans for my post but then later had it removed? Interesting. I guess only positive feedback is allowed in here. :( Best of luck with the server, just not my cup of tea.

OP gave beans for my post but then later had it removed? Interesting. I guess only positive feedback is allowed in here. :( Best of luck with the server, just not my cup of tea.

Your post was removed because it did not reflect the truth regarding the server and it's hardcore classification. I had written a following post to explain some of the points you'd raised (#15). Regarding the beans, I'd given them to draw your attention to the post.

I'd like to invite you back as I believe you did not spend enough time on the server (15 mins) to experience and/or realise a few things:

• Had you noticed that you still hadn't found a knife? Without one you were going to starve. The is no canned food.
  • You had not yet experienced the weather, it was relatively temperate when you played. Even with a ghillie suit (which acts as a pseudo warm clothes) you would start to freeze if it snowed/rained for prolonged periods, or it was night.
  • You had found a G36C, it was an error with the loot tables which was corrected. My sincere apologies for that.
  • You had played in the north of the map. The Ai are in the south and are well equipped and skilled.
  • The zombies are very dangerous. Let them get close and you'll be in serious trouble. It is far too easy to become complacent while looting, until you're rendered unconscious by a stealthy zombie.

I had reviewed what you'd classed as hardcore according to your YouTube video diaries and concluded that you were better equipped and nourished much faster in the video than you were on this server. In addition there was plenty of food, no third person limitation and temperate conditions.

I am not opposed to criticism if it is accurate and constructive. But I feel you did yourself a dis-service by being so abrupt. So if you're serious about hardcore survival then please take another look. I have plenty of players who can vouch for the servers' credentials as such.

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 1

You gotta do what you gotta do, and no assault comes without risk. Especially if there are so important items which are so rare at the same time.

I think it makes some players more friendly and less KOS as you are in constant need of something.

Agreed. The player trader has configured his base to be not only be a trade post, but also as a service point for vehicles. This means that if a player wants to take advantage of that feature indefinitely, they'd have to consider the sanction of said service should any trade go sour. And as many of the weapons are still within the loot tables albeit very rare, they will demand a higher price and keen interest from other players looking to survive by any means necessary.

Many of us want to help, but if you're crossed then it's less likely in the future. This dynamic affects the chance of survival of even the best survivalist and I'd hope that it may keep players from looting each other as the common goal is to simply survive rather than to gather wealth.

But that is the nature of DayZ; whilst the consequences are considered, a player is free to make their own decisions regarding their mode of interaction, hostile or otherwise.

Edited by Cartoonrboy

hey cartoonboy add my on skype man its , the horrorlord - my skype name. names steve easy find

Edited by Slaughterhouse
  • Like 1

Today I died 6 times. I'll play again tomorrow.

For someone who is used to playing vanilla veteran DayZ servers, this place is fantastic. The zeds are slow, but powerful. Anything less than a headshot is not enough, and since ammo is so difficult to come by often you'll find yourself not bothering. Gone are the days of taking a hatchet to hordes of zombies - hand to hand combat is not an option. One hit can be enough to send you to your next life, and though it may seem a little excessive at first you'll soon find yourself enjoying the challenge of avoiding zeds!  

Loot is difficult to find, and most things that you do find are seemingly garbage. All of the food that can be 'found' will infect you. All of the water sources are infected. You spawn with an empty water bottle, an M1911 with one mag, and an empty water bottle. Add to this one of the best crafting systems that I've ever seen and you'll soon be kitted out enough to survive. Need a knife? Need a fishing pole? Need warm clothes? A tent? A backpack? You can craft all of these items easily, often within the first hour of gameplay. The trick here is to find out what you need! Right clicking items to look for options is KEY. Industrial loot is your friend here. That and a friendly player base always willing to help out :)

Once you get yourself established you can use the Epoch modular building system to make yourself a home. There are no NPC traders, or formal economy. No 1000000+ vehicles. Vehicles are rare, and should be protected. Trade between players is encouraged, with one player even going so far as to build his own trading post. Helicopters are very rare. I've played here for about a week and have only seen 2. I have heard that they are in the southern section of the map which is covered in bandit AI players. Because of that I've been exploring the north and have only encountered the bandit AI on a handful of occasions.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. There are bandit AI players. They patrol the map in vehicles, or in small groups, or in helis. They are hostile and well equipped, definitely worth hunting once you get some gear. They have ghillies (warm clothes), sometimes blood bags, good backpacks, sometimes meds, sometimes loot. Overall, they have useful things.

But the best part of this server, I think, is that when things get this hard people have a tendency to work together. Players can kill each other if they wish, but on a server like this having a few friends is never a bad thing.

Hope to see you there. Bring your A game.

CF

• Like 2

At first I was skeptical about this server, lurking on this thread and on its separate forum. Later I figured I should give this server a try. Heck, even promote it on twitch.tv/botshiken to try and help the server out. My first time joining was like a warm welcome, on the coast with a campfire set up. I used this to try and warm up before heading off.

I quickly noticed there was no debug monitor, instead the insert button was replaced to bring up a journal, my journal. I carried on looting outside Vorkuta before stumbling upon Jalovisko and found an AI patrol. To ny luck there was a lee enfield in the trunk of the broken car next to me. I was left with a single bullet spare after quickly ambushing the patrol. They had supplies, out of curiosity I right clicked it in my inventory and discovered the crafting system.

The crafting system is very in-depth and you have a plethora of options to select between when crafting, this crafting system involves weapons. You can slap a suppressor on your M4A1 or even a CCO scope... even both if you want!

Continuing my adventure I found a cozy little shack on a hill overlooking a nearby city and bordered it up. I was also given the option to furnish my home given I had the right tools and items for it.

I can tell this server has been well thought through and polished very well, Artyom has clearly dedicated alot of his time to work on this server and is very active, always around to help.

Even though this server might sound unappealing at first, give it a try.

10/10 would join again.

Edited by shiken
  • Like 1

Still having a lot of fun here! New features seem to be added all the time!

• Like 1

It's a labour o' love. I will be working on the labyrinth tonight. It should take me 2-3 hours. I hope you peeps like it...nothing for free right?

This server sounds awesome, but the map is a total deal breaker.  Why Namalsk?  I hate Namalsk.  Being kind of a niche server that has trouble getting active people why pick such an unpopular map?  I feel the server would fill up faster on Cherno or even Taviana (<3 Taviana).  Maybe I will check it out, because traders ruin DayZ IMO, but I don't know if I can put up with Namalsk. 

• Like 1

This server sounds awesome, but the map is a total deal breaker.  Why Namalsk?  I hate Namalsk.  Being kind of a niche server that has trouble getting active people why pick such an unpopular map?  I feel the server would fill up faster on Cherno or even Taviana (<3 Taviana).  Maybe I will check it out, because traders ruin DayZ IMO, but I don't know if I can put up with Namalsk. 

Namalsk was chosen as it provides a much tougher environment as well as a darker dilapidated look and greater variation of terrain/environment. There is already a dedicated group of players here, even a player run trader post who recently was the subject of a burglary. PvP is permitted, but shooting the only trader will only serve to banish players from such assistance. This is DayZ.

wUfxQFX.jpg

Namalsk will kill a player within hours due to the extreme conditions. Chernarus/Taviana will not meaning it's a more passive experience. This is Hardcore Survival, which is exactly what you will find here.

I truly hope you give it a chance. Be a vet', survive Nam'...

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 1

Oh my god this map! It is beautiful. The mountains....

It really does provide a survival environment. Trust me, I'm the guy huddling around a fire barrel every 20 min at night so I don't freeze to death.

• Like 1

Apart from providing a truly difficult environment for survival, Namalsk really is a beautiful, yet deadly place to call home. The survivors here can call themselves true survivalists and should feel proud that they exist here at all. It's testament to their determination that they call this desolate frozen isle home. But then again it really is a postcard...

aSriBll.jpg

hOrrKgF.jpg

SZhysrG.jpg

mWjzIUQ.jpg

6aK41Sm.jpg

NBW9uF4.jpg

BvAB7mF.jpg

ZadmvdG.jpg

...from hell.

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Zombies now RUN! I would seriously advice caution and equip zombie camo at the earliest opportunity.

This has been reverted; the experience is far too hard with zombies running amok, and it overpowers the experience of survival; amending the cautious considered experience to one of running, forever.

Whether this server can claim to be DayZ is a question regarding your experience. If simply staying alive is enough despite zero support of modern technology, despite every person dementedly trying to eat you, despite the armed lawlessness, despite the dilapidation, the lack of food, clothes, medicines, transport or society itself; then this is what you'll find here.

In Nam' Zombies are secondary to the immediate threat of hypothermia which will kill you in around 40 minutes. Zombie encounters can be easily avoided, even in cities so long as you remain alert and keep moving; their high spawn rate tends to amass hoards, silently roaming to your location; so relocating often is key to remaining alive. Repawns are granted a lit fire and a box of antibiotics to stave of hypothermia, but crafting/looting drugs is not quite so simple as the locations and/or ingredients are in the south, which is hostile territory; the border signs hoping to inform unwary survivors. So simply staying alive is immediately a problem. But as DayZ players should know: it is the knowledge of how to survive which is your most powerful asset, and here you'll find no better test of that.

Survive your first day, and you'll probably survive another...

Edited by Cartoonrboy

A CHANCE of Survival

Surviving Namalsk is not an easy prospect. But there's an extensive crafting system in place to assist players see more than a day.

A water barrel to rinse bottles and a bin to rummage through for trash can be found at the spawn points to help prepare for the harsh conditions. A knife and water bottle can be crafted from such items. The hero spawn has a couple of tents for those that want to assist other survivors as well as themselves.

A compass can be crafted from your watch. Although it breaks the watch it doesn't appear too important to know what time it is anymore...

4HO9IDD.jpg

twmlslB.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Northern EXPOSURE

Although many players prefer to settle in the north, the simple reason being: you tend not to get shot at every morning; the southern isles of Namalsk feature some truly breathtaking views from the range of mountains found there.

Their majesty draws you in encouraging players to explore this frozen tomb, welcoming fresh blood to be spilled upon it's perfect white slopes. The hazards within are not limited to zombies; a highly trained elite military force controls specific areas for their own agenda, their well equipped troops a lure for the best and most dangerous players of DayZ. Take only what you're prepared to lose; return with what you hope to gain. Become a vet', survive Nam'.

2OKqiMV.jpg

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 1

And now - No side chat. Group chat options are available via a working radio, if you happen to have one.

And now - No side chat. Group chat options are available via a working radio, if you happen to have one.

As far as I know you spawn with a working one. Some freshspawn *told* me so that alone is proof.

Winter greetings from Aggro

I can't seem to log in to the server. It keeps asking for a CH-53 file, claiming that I've deleted it/it's missing. I've tried verifying the files via DayZ Launcher and it seems to be satisfied with them.

I'd really like to try your server, but this bug is really a problem for me.

(Although, the massive amount of Zed combined with an odd lack of canned food in the frozen north seems like a logical paradox to me, since Zed means dead people means abandoned homes/food stores, especially in cold environments) Just a minor criticism of what otherwise seems like a very well-thought out server.

I'll bump this to the admin, he may be familiar with the error. You could also try joining the forums as it has a chat feature that the admin is on quite frequently. Hope to see you playing sometime!

(Although, the massive amount of Zed combined with an odd lack of canned food in the frozen north seems like a logical paradox to me, since Zed means dead people means abandoned homes/food stores, especially in cold environments) Just a minor criticism of what otherwise seems like a very well-thought out server.

What you will find is a simulation of the future. As the weeks, months, years pass there would become a point where all local food stores dry up. There is no canned food found here except for the beans you spawn with and unlabeled cans. Seeds can be harvested and Namalsk is an island; fishing is a viable option. Hunting wildlife is also an opportunity worth taking whenever animals are sighted.

The server is classed as hardcore; you'll initially find it tough just staying warm. When you get used to the idea of not relying on society's past, but by relying on local knowledge and your wits instead, you will survive longer. One day you'll realise that you've become a veteran of staying ALIVE!

I have sent you a PM apsinc. I hope to chat soon...

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 1

HERMITS

Any structure can become a home. This plane shell is the perfect location to find some respite from the harsh world outside.

With a lack of traders, players are forced to source their own materials which makes grand gestures less likely. Re-cycling the fabric of the map is a much better option and one which has become popular here.

Zd5CPAQ.jpg

6w6HmHJ.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Hey guys, I play on FinalDayZ under the name The Avaricious. I have been playing it for almost a month now and I love it. The AI have different difficulty ranges which is cool. So the AI you run around and see on a normal bases don't instant kill you, and you have a high chance of killing them, getting their items and moving on. As well as the AI run out of ammo, they need to bandage, it's really cool. Another awesome feature I love is the zombies. They do not run and become annoying with their stupid pathing, they walk, but they hit like Mike Tyson. So usually if you get caught up a tower with zombies climbing, you either fight them off or die. So you have to always be cautious about where they are in accordance to you. It is a true survival map, I love it!

• Like 1

I like the way that the server owner (ARTyom) bumps this thread with actual posts, instead of the perennial "bump".

Adds a lot of conviction to the server's validity. I also like walking zombies, since it means that I can hit them properly without them spazzing out all over the place.

Also, nice save with the explanation of the food situation. Hopefully not all of the unlabeled food makes you sick (shouldn't cold help preserve things?), but it's nice to know this has a background reasoning instead of just being done for difficulty's sake (which, while a compelling reason, is hardly a justifiable one). So thanks for that.

• Like 1

REVISION

Joining the server from DayZcommander is now possible. All players can now endure the toughest survival experience in DayZ.

I have since revised the servers listing on DayZcommander and have tested the ability to join from there. Provided you have @DayZ_Epoch v1.0.5.1 and @DayZ_Namalsk v0.75 (both available from DZC) you shouldn't have any problems joining the server.

IP: 188.165.210.182:2302
Search: FINALdayZ
Server description: FINALdayZ Epoch Namalsk (1.8.6.1/125548)

Ensure you use the launch parameter: -MOD=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Namalsk;

Take on the ultimate challenge; survive Nam...

ASy30W5.jpg

Stay ALIVE!
Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 1