PongoZ

When are we going to get gold spray paint cans?

Paint your weapon stupid colors, and enjoy your death as opponents* scope you out from that bush far, FAR farther away than if you used a more sensible coloration.

Thats the disadvantage - which mainly applies to people in combat situations. So for a bandit painting your weapon brightly would be foolish. (Social) Friendlies on the other side might deliberately paint their weapons in a brighter color because of this. The actual use depends on the environment though: If its a "we struggle together" situation (as it most likely would be the case in a real zombie apocalypse) the advantages of signalling would be greater than the advanatges of camouflage. In a combat situation signalling might be useful but is usually overshadowed by the camouflage part.

Now the "bright colors are unrealistic" crowd seems to believe that reality should behave like a MilSim (stop playing Arma right now and go outside!). Thats not the case. And even in a zombie apocalypse this would not be the case. Thats just another case of "I want others to play the game this way" - which originates in DayZ originally being a mod for Arma II - a MilSim.

I think options should be ingame and people should have the chance to do something with them. As long as there are authentic downsides to them there is nothing unrealistic or unimmersive about it (unless you still believe you are in a MilSim). For example bright items are bad for staying hidden (should also affect animal AI in my opinon) and wearing no pants exposes your legs to the environment and removes valuable storage.

Just not adding a feature because some players would do immature things is a bad argument - it just reduces ingame options, realism and those players would just find another way to go on trolling. Drawing on paper is a good example: There are people who think its bad because people would draw penises. Lets just say only being able to write does not stop me from drawing penises if I really want to.

I find it very odd that people complain about KoS and wish for more social interactions but on the other side block everything that would benefit those social interactions in favor of a MilSim-y gameplay that emhasizes KoS.

Edited by Evil Minion

Because it is fucking stupid, mate. This is supposed to be a "serious, mature game", using your own words? Tell me, why would you paint a rifle gold or bright pink if it were supposed to be serious? It detracts from my experience when you want to act like an immature jerkoff.

Honestly it sounds like you would rather be in a real apocalypse than play a simulation of one.  People are going to play how they want when they are not truly at risk - it is cultivated entropy and it sounds like entropy is your true enemy :)

The ultimate way to accomplish your vision of the game would be if you lose your account if you die.  In that game no one would be running down the street in underwear and a pink balaclova and the vast majority would think hard before spraying a gun gold.  I suspect you would like your odds of survival on such a server.  I on the other hand would be out 20-something dollars rather quickly. 

• Like 1

Honestly it sounds like you would rather be in a real apocalypse than play a simulation of one.  People are going to play how they want when they are not truly at risk - it is cultivated entropy and it sounds like entropy is your true enemy :)

The ultimate way to accomplish your vision of the game would be if you lose your account if you die.  In that game no one would be running down the street in underwear and a pink balaclova and the vast majority would think hard before spraying a gun gold.  I suspect you would like your odds of survival on such a server.  I on the other hand would be out 20-something dollars rather quickly. 

Dude those pink baklava's and soon to be released blue ones with winter time pictures printed on it are fucking AMAZING with the med gear and jogging sets. I welcome anything that makes the game more interesting aesthetic wise.

For me i tend to do both things. Some times i will go super serious with the hunter/military camo and other times i will just cut loose and see what kind of crazy color schemes i can come up with. It makes the game ALLOT more interesting if i don't limit myself based of of just survival principles alone.

Also i have seen some really colorful baklavas for sale haha.

On-sale-China-wholesale-autumn-outdoor-r

red-blue-font-b-color-b-font-Thermal-Nec

Zan-Headgear-Full-Face-Group-thumbnail.j

41ULiyd1IAL._SY300_.jpg

So what the fuck does cheating have anything to do with wearing bright colors? If your a master of killing there should be NO issues with ppl wearing what you don't want them to. But if it fucks up your shooting and play style that bad than maybe ppl need to do that more often.

Cheating has nothing to do with bright colors, it was in response to "Let people have their fun." There has to be restrictions, and in a game striving for realism, I don't see why would bright spray paint colors be available, knowing that people will use them in silly and unrealistic ways.

the game is actually more realistic if you are able to paint yourself in bright colors and significantly less realistic if you cannot find bright spraypaint or use it in this way.

You're wrong. Restricing the use of bright spray paint colors makes the game more realistic because realistically, nobody would use them anyway. If they're allowed, people will use them because this isn't real life, making the game less realistic.

I also have no idea where are you coming with this "MilSim" bullshit from.

Cheating has nothing to do with bright colors, it was in response to "Let people have their fun." There has to be restrictions, and in a game striving for realism, I don't see why would bright spray paint colors be available, knowing that people will use them in silly and unrealistic ways.

Well respectfully i do see your point but don't you ever get tired of running around in camo all the time?

They dont have to be silly and unrealistic if they are used right. I dont' run around tea bagging ppl and shit when im dressed out of the normal. I just play like normal most of the time still surviving and such like i would in normal military fatigue. This is how i dress sometimes. And no actually no one will kill me most of the times except for random bone fracture glitches or something stupid like that lol.

j5JdCFS.jpg

Also there would still be quite a bit of clothing and spray paints you would have to go through just to find the right colors you want for your gear. Most normal civilians will not think of going full commando when shit hits the fan in most situations.

Edited by Deathlove

You're wrong. Restricing the use of bright spray paint colors makes the game more realistic because realistically, nobody would use them anyway. If they're allowed, people will use them because this isn't real life, making the game less realistic.

he said "MilSim" because you are suggesting the game limit your options based on how you should play or otherwise act in a military simulator. but it's not a MilSim so why should you only find spraypaint that you would use to camouflage your gun colours specific to something you'd see in MilSim.

i think he's also saying "more realistic = doing whatever you want"...if people want to use bright colours why shouldn't they be allowed to? isn't it more realistic to have more choices than green or black?

were you mad when you saw purple bandanas and clown masks, or bright orange clothing? that stuff doesn't belong in the super srs environment you seem to be crying for but lo and behold, it's there because what you want is a different game than what's being built

• Like 1

he said "MilSim" because you are suggesting the game limit your options based on how you should play or otherwise act in a military simulator. but it's not a MilSim so why should you only find spraypaint that you would use to camouflage your gun colours specific to something you'd see in MilSim.

i think he's also saying "more realistic = doing whatever you want"...if people want to use bright colours why shouldn't they be allowed to? isn't it more realistic to have more choices than green or black?

were you mad when you saw purple bandanas and clown masks, or bright orange clothing? that stuff doesn't belong in the super srs environment you seem to be crying for but lo and behold, it's there because what you want is a different game than what's being built

Not sure about in Europe but i know allot of gangs hear in America use that shit all the time even biker gangs. Especially Crypts and Bloods with the bandanna colors and stuff. At first i was a little confused by color choice but the more i thought about it the more i can accept different color schemes for all kinds of clothing as well as paint in general to mark gear and what not.

Edited by Deathlove

You are arguing in circles. And you simply cannot say if people would use them or not so that argument if of little value here (it has value in a certain situation - see below). You also seem unable to grasp that there are potential applications. All you can see is "the trollz". Whats the big problem anyways? There are strange people in real life as well and people ingame will find other ways if they really want to do crazy stuff.

According to your logic there shouldn't be guns in game because otherwise everyone would just KoS each other - something they wouldn't do in real life.

Thats because your argument is true if and only if you are in a MilSim. Because its unrealistic for (most modern) soldiers in combat to wear bright colors while it is not necessarily unrealistic for survivors of a zombie apocalypse - here not having the option is the unrealistic part. Edited by Evil Minion

Not if it ruins my fun.

Cheaters ruin my fun.

Players deliberately painting themselves in bright colors and therefore making the game appear less realistic than it could be for little reason would also ruin my fun.

But how do you know what will be realistic in a zombie apolocalyse scenario? Your basing your idea of realism off of the modern military idea of doing things, but this is not ARMA, or any other military shooter, it is a game based on a zombie apocalypse. We don't know what will be realistic in a zombie apolocalyse scenario, so as far as we know, people will all be running around in bright pink clothes with cow boy hats in the middle of military bases while punching out zombies.

Of course the above is unlikely to happen, but in an event like a zombie apocalypse, I think crazies will emerge, who will want golden guns, and pink clothes. It will be pretty traumatic to watch people being eaten alive, and realistically a couple people could go insane, or already insane people could escape from mental hospitals and do their thing in the new era of the zombie apocalypse.

Don't sit there and complain about bright colours ruining your fun, because it is not realistic, as it is entirely possible this could happen in an actually zombie apocalypse. There are hundreds of reasons why people would want a golden gun or bright pink pants, and so I see it reasonable for it to be in the game. Of for some reason bright colours make it impossible for you to play, there are the ARMA 2/3 mods which will no doubt fit your tastes well. Just let people have fun, they want bright pink tops and pants let them have it and let them die a horrible horrible death as they try hiding in a forest.

Well respectfully i do see your point but don't you ever get tired of running around in camo all the time?

No, I never get tired of having better chances of survival than I would otherwise. People already have many means to troll and not act as they would had this been real, why increase that probability in a game that strives for realism? Especially when the gain of adding bright spray paint colors is so minimal.

I suggest the game limit the options that would for little benefit make the survival experience less realistic. I still don't understand what does this have to do with military simulation.

It's realistic to have choices, it's unrealistic to make certain choices. Why allow making unrealistic choices?

Bandana serve as a headgear, not just cosmetic. Clown masks? Clearly a way for bandits to show off, and friendly people don't really wear them so it maintains realism.

According to your logic there shouldn't be guns in game because otherwise everyone would just KoS each other - something they wouldn't do in real life.

Thats because your argument is true if and only if you are in a MilSim. Because its unrealistic for (most modern) soldiers in combat to wear bright colors while it is not necessarily unrealistic for survivors of a zombie apocalypse - here not having the option is the unrealistic part.

It's completely realistic that people would KOS each other in a zombie apocalypse as far as I'm concerned. It is unrealistic, however, that people would deliberately reduce their chances of survival by painting themselves in bright colors. There ARE exceptions, yes, but rare. They wouldn't be rare in DayZ, because coolness > realism to many players.

But how do you know what will be realistic in a zombie apolocalyse scenario? Your basing your idea of realism off of the modern military idea of doing things, but this is not ARMA, or any other military shooter, it is a game based on a zombie apocalypse. We don't know what will be realistic in a zombie apolocalyse scenario, so as far as we know, people will all be running around in bright pink clothes with cow boy hats in the middle of military bases while punching out zombies.

I'm basing my idea on the fact that people would not want to lessen their chances of survival in real life (as long as they want to survive, of course) and cosmetics would be the last thing that comes to mind. Can you honestly say that it's very arguable?

Edited by Powerhouse

You have a troubling idea of "realism". It all boils down to you wanting people to behave in a way you deem "realistic" while it is clearly not.

• Like 1

Bandana serve as a headgear, not just cosmetic. Clown masks? Clearly a way for bandits to show off, and friendly people don't really wear them so it maintains realism.

You really couldn't be more wrong on this one lol.

PINK GUN CONFIRMED! O3O

Hehehehehe

Also not a bad assortment of lady colors.

B0jupj7IAAAX3XG.jpg

It would be nice if you guys maintained a mature and interesting discussion instead of "nah, you're clearly wrong" without elaborating at all.

It would be nice if you guys maintained a mature and interesting discussion instead of "nah, you're clearly wrong" without elaborating at all.

To be more specific not everyone that wears a mask or bandanna is a bandit. No matter what clothing you wear anyone can be a bandit as there is no karma aesthetic skins in game to give off obvious alignments with ppl. So that guy you killed with a mask could have just been a normal person. But interaction is what you make of it. You gotta choose at your own risk how to approach things.

Because it is fucking stupid, mate. This is supposed to be a "serious, mature game", using your own words? Tell me, why would you paint a rifle gold or bright pink if it were supposed to be serious? It detracts from my experience when you want to act like an immature jerkoff.

And, nice ad-hominem. You really like to use them, huh? How old are you again?

I don't really see how painting your weapon in stupid collors is not serious. Maybe I paint a golden m4 and drop it somewhere to ambush someone. Or maybe I just think it looks good and actually don't give a fuck about camouflage because I got a diferent aproach on risky situations (roleplayer or something).

You see, in a realistic and serious apocalipse situation there would still be wierd people with wierd tastes, or dumb person with no self love that likes to wear orange raincoat +pink sks. I really can not understand why more options is bad. If something, its realistic. Imo it only adds to the game. Don't you think you would see wierd shit in a zombie appocalipse? People do unpredictable stuff mang, you never know.

I mean, military dudes, at least for me, its KOS without remorse and a lot of people has this in mind too. So if one wants to avoid this, he could dress himself in a wierd collorfull way in order to cause a diferent first impression on the other survivor.

I'm all for more collors.

Edited by Avant-Garde
  • Like 1

Honestly the golden barrel of a gun sticking out of a yellow bush could easily be considered better camo then stock black for that situation. People furthermore could understand their lack of total control in a combat situation and use a small flashy color as an easy sign to recognize friendlies in the confusion... perhaps a pink armband or red buttstock?

Honestly the golden barrel of a gun sticking out of a yellow bush could easily be considered better camo then stock black for that situation. People furthermore could understand their lack of total control in a combat situation and use a small flashy color as an easy sign to recognize friendlies in the confusion... perhaps a pink armband or red buttstock?

Well pink is definitely on its way. If you didn't see the pink Derringer. Its a nice refreshing sight outside of the normal painted colors anyways.

Before i go any further black and other dark colors i love just as much. So don't get me wrong. But there are so many other colors you see ppl wearing and using at times to. So it makes sense to a degree to see them at least for civilian use over military gear and hunting apparel in terms of color clothing and tools.

Edited by Deathlove

I do but they haven't done shit lately so I haven't bothered to look in a while.  Wow, they really shit the bed with this addition.  RainbowZ, here we come!!!!  :D

• Like 2

I do but they haven't done shit lately so I haven't bothered to look in a while.  Wow, they really shit the bed with this addition.  RainbowZ, here we come!!!!  :D

No that would be under the option to tie dye clothing lol.

We haven't gone full on Peter Max art yet.

Honestly, I gave your post more consideration that it deserved. 

• Like 2

Having more spray paint colours would be nice, but gold? And I don't think that more fancy colours will attract more girls. I know some girl gamer and DayZ is just not their genre. 

Having more spray paint colours would be nice, but gold? And I don't think that more fancy colours will attract more girls. I know some girl gamer and DayZ is just not their genre. 

Well anything metallic should be fairly rare to be honest. Unless they are straight up metallic silver or gold color which are the most common metallic colors to be honest. All of those metallic paints like what you see for cars take some very very special process to make. You cannot just mix colors like you can with primaries to get those specific effects.

Other metallic colors can be rather hard to find here in the states sometimes unless you go to a place like i used to work at Michaels Arts & Crafts. You can find almost any kind of paint there. XD

Not sure how areas around Russia would be with art supplies and paints in general.

Edited by Deathlove