Finchtastic

Vest bugs?

Today I was in the Cherno firehouse and I found a pristine assault vest.  I got in a fight with 4 zombies and got hit once, after that it was damaged.  I ran around looting for a few minutes and got in another zombie tussle, but I was not hit.  A few minutes later I was just dragging the mouse through my inventory and I saw something was ruined.  I hovered over a few things only to find it was my vest, ruined...from what seems to be nothing?  Has anyone had this happen to them, I haven't seen anything addressing it and there is no possibility I was shot because I must have been on a popular server hopping server because everyone left (only about 7 ppl anyway) and there was only me and one other person.  Plus, It's pretty obvious when you get shot, even with the no-gunshot sound bug.

Just a hunch, but did you go on a roof (or possibly a top floor in some buildings)?  I believe your equipment and sometimes you can take damage through a bug this way.  Not sure what the exact conditions are though.

Just a hunch, but did you go on a roof (or possibly a top floor in some buildings)?  I believe your equipment and sometimes you can take damage through a bug this way.  Not sure what the exact conditions are though.

I was on the firehouse roof and all floors of the firehouse, as well as the top floors of the buildings around cherno.  However, it should be noted that the vest is the only thing that was ruined and the items inside of it were completely untouched, in exactly the same condition they were in before.

Firehouses in general have been really strange.  There are a lot of posts about the NWAF fire house stairway and breaking legs.  I have broken my legs on the second floor of the NWAF when trying to loot.

I also sometimes get a flash on my screen in the firehouse stairwell like I've been shot or am breaking a limb but after the flash nothing happens.  No status change, nothing.  I have yet to notice ruined gear from this.  I think the best thing is to just not go up those stairs.  There isn't anything game breaking that you need up there.  Stay on the first floor!

It was not the building that did it you dunces, the zombie that bitch slapped him caused the ruined vest.

Nerf zombies, buff clothes.

It was not the building that did it you dunces, the zombie that bitch slapped him caused the ruined vest.

Nerf zombies, buff clothes.

I checked right after, it was damaged, not ruined.  The next fight neither of the zombies hit me, so that can't be it.

Switching items around in the vest will update its status, so it was ruined after the smack but it was not displaying that.

• Like 2

Switching items around in the vest will update its status, so it was ruined after the smack but it was not displaying that.

I thought of that, however the status had already been changed to Damaged after being hit without (presumably) having moved stuff around, so why would moving things around again update the condition to something else?  Of course this all rides on the OP being certain that the vest wasn't pre-damaged before the zed hit him.

That being said a friend has claimed a few times that certain items are getting damaged or ruined for no apparent reason.  On one instance he went back and watched his video and found that he was indeed hit but didn't remember it at the time.  Just sayin'

i've never heard of roofs damaging only clothes, but not the player. from what i can tell, when the roof "hits" you, it not only destroys clothing but it severely injures or kills you..

Yeah, I'm certain it was pristine before hand.  Also, I'm certain I wasn't hit because I didn't want to ruin my new vest anymore than it was.  I was very careful.

I thought of that, however the status had already been changed to Damaged after being hit without (presumably) having moved stuff around, so why would moving things around again update the condition to something else?  Of course this all rides on the OP being certain that the vest wasn't pre-damaged before the zed hit him.

That being said a friend has claimed a few times that certain items are getting damaged or ruined for no apparent reason.  On one instance he went back and watched his video and found that he was indeed hit but didn't remember it at the time.  Just sayin'

I always have to equip/unequip items for the status to refresh.

Yeah, I'm certain it was pristine before hand.  Also, I'm certain I wasn't hit because I didn't want to ruin my new vest anymore than it was.  I was very careful.

It was ruined after the first bout. It just didnt update, see my above.

Edited by Judopunch