Sign in to follow this  
HEV

Would you like to see a snow zone and a radiation zone?

Not a snow zone but rather seasonal weather, as for the radiation, not radiation but a small area [maybe a border post with military spawns in the corner of the map] with some area denial gas like VX present there

I really like both ideas, at least for their concept.

I want to see more varied weather. Right now it's sunny or rainy. But not dangerously cold. I'd like to see some areas of the map be a lot harsher as far as cold goes. Could help to introduce yet more varied clothing etc.

I also like the radiation idea. Perhaps not in that form itself, but maybe a small town/camp that is too toxic to approach without proper protection etc.

How about tieing it into a story line of where the zombies actually CAME from? Crazy medical experiment camp went horribly wrong and created the zombies in the first place. Can't approach the place due to toxic/infected/whatever unless you have hazmat suit or whatever.

Could add into the creepyness factor nicely.

Weather is implemented and I imagine they are or can work in seasons eventually, but what about something like a permanent snowy, colder section of the map? Mountain range? Deep forest and canyons? Players would have to find and equip clothing such as parkas, snow boots, mittens, etc before venturing into below-freezing lands to survive the trek. Items like canned foods and drink would potentially freeze (Metal Gear Solid, anyone?), so be handy with making fires (which would be harder out there) or remember to bring a small stove. 

A radiation zone could be done the same way: You'll have to hop all around Chernarus to find the proper radioactive gear before going in to explore, though you can't explore for too long because of radiation buildup. Food on you could become "irradiated" and bad to eat, so you'd have to eat and drink up and drop the rest before heading into dangerous lands.

Don't make a snowy area or irradiated area just for the sake of making it...put rare items out there and items that are exclusive to such areas so players will go there. Make it so you have to collect the right clothing and items so you can step foot into those areas safely; coming at them with anything less is certain death. Have those environments offer a challenge and survival scenario a little different than what it normally takes to get by in Chernarus.

You know what I would really like to see.

Real time seasons.

I know it's a bit too much but imagine it. When it's winter season IRL servers have winter Cheranus. Snow, ice, etc.

Summer - Less rain, more sun, higher temperatures, etc.

And yes some mountains that have permanent snow cause of altitude.

But it's something to think about.

You know what I would really like to see.

Real time seasons.

I know it's a bit too much but imagine it. When it's winter season IRL servers have winter Cheranus. Snow, ice, etc.

Summer - Less rain, more sun, higher temperatures, etc.

And yes some mountains that have permanent snow cause of altitude.

But it's something to think about.

Might come in future, but now things are too broken for that. 

And in winter spawning in a T shirt = very fast death if you can't find warm clothes asap. Which is a case on high pop server or on a bad spawn location. 

• Like 1

I think they should make the map a little bigger.They should add 1 city 1 village and a military base north of novo.You'll have to enter the zone with special warm clothing.If you enter with just a t-shirt,you'll freeze to death(it makes sense since in real life north countries like Norway are very cold)

I like the idea of seasonal weather, but I don't see myself playing in extreme weather condition on regular basis.

I dunno why there would be a radiation zone though?

Because someone confused DayZ with stalker..

Yeah maybe not snow or radiation zones but something similar that requires some effort and risk. Disease zones with even bit harder zombies?

And snow as a seasonal weather or as a map.

Edited by St. Jimmy