yeinzy

loot low on ammo and weapons?

is the loot realy low on ammo like sks and mossin ammo? and i never find any mossins anymore! :/ have they lowered ammo or something becuse i dont find anything?

I think so, and I absolutely agree with it. Firearms and ammunition for said firearms should be rare, and "worth" more. People should be skeptical about shooting even a single bullet, and guns shouldn't appear every other military building, more than likely people would have scavenged them already (If you're into that lore business)

• Like 3

it's taken me about 3 weeks to put together a decent assault rifle & sight + 90 rounds during that time i've found several mosins and stacks of ammo & sights for it..

I think so, and I absolutely agree with it. Firearms and ammunition for said firearms should be rare, and "worth" more. People should be skeptical about shooting even a single bullet, and guns shouldn't appear every other military building, more than likely people would have scavenged them already (If you're into that lore business)

My only problem with the low loot sometimes is the fact that you start off with only a flashlight and to me that means this is day 1 of the zombie apocalypse, so there should be more stuff/loot in game IMHO but if this is like years into the zombie apocalypse then why do I only have a flashlight

• Like 1

yes its kinda nice, but i never find an axe either, so thats the hard part when i start with a flashlight :P

My only problem with the low loot sometimes is the fact that you start off with only a flashlight and to me that means this is day 1 of the zombie apocalypse, so there should be more stuff/loot in game IMHO but if this is like years into the zombie apocalypse then why do I only have a flashlight

Its not day 1... you washed up on the shore... you were probably with a large group on a boat and shit went down... now you are here with a flash light

• Like 1

5.56 and 7.62x51 are in abundance. 

7.62x39 however is goddamn rare.

5.56 and 7.62x51 are in abundance. 

7.62x39 however is goddamn rare.

the only thing i have a hard time finding is 7.62x39 ammo..  1 box in 45 hours. a bit ridiculous really considering i find the SKS everywhere. that said, i like the spawn rate of the other items. doesn't take too long to get a functional weapon with ammo, even if it is a shitty one

the only thing i have a hard time finding is 7.62x39 ammo..  1 box in 45 hours. a bit ridiculous really considering i find the SKS everywhere. that said, i like the spawn rate of the other items. doesn't take too long to get a functional weapon with ammo, even if it is a shitty one

I find 7.62x51 to be far too common. I don't mind it spawning in residential areas as it does now, but it just spawns too much. within 45 after being killed i had found a mosin and about 6 packs and some loose rounds (equates to about 140 rounds)

While the 7.62x39 is far too rare for an ammo type that is relatively common (especially given the geographic location this all takes place in) and has plenty of weapons that use it spawning.

Somewhere in the middle of these 2 rounds is the sweetspot for the amount of ammo that should spawn.

While they're a pain in the ass to find, crash sites spawn huge amounts of 5.56 in mags - usually over 100 rounds per (unlooted) crash. I have 640 rounds atm.

They occasionally spawn 7.62x39 as well, but I agree, on the whole it's very rare - especially compared to 7.62x51.

Its not day 1... you washed up on the shore... you were probably with a large group on a boat and shit went down... now you are here with a flash light

Well, not to argue with you, but the whole concept of DayZ is to make our own stories. We don't know why we're on the shore with barely anything, that's up to us to decide. I claim we survived the plane wreck, other say boat wreck, some people say this and that and this. We don't have a definite story, because the story is up to us to make. We're all individual people, with different lives and stories. We determine what track we take, and what track we took, for this is DayZ

is the loot realy low on ammo like sks and mossin ammo? and i never find any mossins anymore! :/ have they lowered ammo or something becuse i dont find anything?

Take care of your Mossin. Clean it from time to time, so it doesn' get mossy.

oorrr:

Is the "Mossin" a restaurant /bar/hostel? the "Moss Inn"?

Sorry, but I just had to ;)

Take care of your Mossin. Clean it from time to time, so it doesn' get mossy.

oorrr:

Is the "Mossin" a restaurant /bar/hostel? the "Moss Inn"?

Sorry, but I just had to ;)

hahaha no problems ;)

7.62 ist scarce, whether it is 51 or 39 mm. I really value my axe at the moment.

Found multiple boxes of both yesterday, I guess it's all just where you look.  Jail buildings and stuff usually have the 7.62x39, that's where I found most of them, not necessarily in any specific location (bases, airfields, etc.) just in any of them, pretty much.

Found multiple boxes of both yesterday, I guess it's all just where you look.  Jail buildings and stuff usually have the 7.62x39, that's where I found most of them, not necessarily in any specific location (bases, airfields, etc.) just in any of them, pretty much.

been in all those places and have find 20 box round with 7.62x39 1 time in 7-8 hours

been in all those places and have find 20 box round with 7.62x39 1 time in 7-8 hours

luck of the draw, I guess.

The game takes place some time after the initial outbreak. You washed up on shore. The rest of your story is written by you.

shouldn't 762x39 be the most abundant ammunition?

i don't think it should be everywhere, but what I mean is, relative to other ammunition shouldn't it be much more common?

shouldn't 762x39 be the most abundant ammunition?

i don't think it should be everywhere, but what I mean is, relative to other ammunition shouldn't it be much more common?

Probably, if this were to be a "realistic" game. It is the "standard" caliber used by what I am assuming to be the service rifle and LMG of the Chernarus Defense Force (if not, please enlighten me). There should be literal stockpiles of this stuff, chest high. 

However, Day Z is far from realistic. There is fresh crops sitting in the fields, waiting to be harvested, tropical fruit sitting out on shelves, rusted hunks of cars sitting in the streets, and you wash up on the beach in Autumn with nothing more than a (working, mind you) flashlight. The game is rather schizophrenic when it comes to "timeline of the apocalypse". It could be anywhere between 1 week (most likely) and a couple of months (not likely, in my mind) after the SHTF.

Probably, if this were to be a "realistic" game. It is the "standard" caliber used by what I am assuming to be the service rifle and LMG of the Chernarus Defense Force (if not, please enlighten me). There should be literal stockpiles of this stuff, chest high.

However, Day Z is far from realistic. There is fresh crops sitting in the fields, waiting to be harvested, tropical fruit sitting out on shelves, rusted hunks of cars sitting in the streets, and you wash up on the beach in Autumn with nothing more than a (working, mind you) flashlight. The game is rather schizophrenic when it comes to "timeline of the apocalypse". It could be anywhere between 1 week (most likely) and a couple of months (not likely, in my mind) after the SHTF.

The Ak 74 is the standard issue weapon of the military in game. So 5.45x39 should be the most common round in military bases.

7.62x39mm should not even spawn in military bases and magazines should spawn empty. This ammo should only be found in residential areas in small 20 round boxes.

Hopefully they fix the gun variance and power to properly reflect RL.  That way it makes sense searching for higher tier guns because atm an SKS or a mosin will work just fine.