Sign in to follow this  
Live2Xplore

Where is all the PvP

So i took a break from the game (2-3 months) and when i left berezino was the go to spot for PvP, now Im  here and it is completely empty. where is everyone? what is everyone doing? is there a new PvP spot? 

So i took a break from the game (2-3 months) and when i left berezino was the go to spot for PvP, now Im here and it is completely empty. where is everyone? what is everyone doing? is there a new PvP spot?

Pretty much Elektro, Cherno, Balota, Northern big towns.

• Like 2

hmm i was in Novo (big new northern town), north airfield and berezino on a full 40 person and didnt come across anyone. looks like its time to head south again?

We took a run through Elektro the other week and ran into more people in an hour than we had done in a couple of full sessions up north.

latest death heat map

8YuI2nc.jpg

The problem with that map, though, is that it is from the previous 0.50 exp build, which was the version where everyone starved to death if they tried leaving spawn areas, so I don't think it is really representative for average DayZ behaviour.

Not one person killed at the far western military compound....i camped there a while to see who would come through...nada!

Yes
Now we have to survive, talking, trading, killing not knowing

Electro, Berezino, Novo, Svetlo and Cherno in this order... but beware for cheaters. Populated areas are dangerous not because of legit players but cheaters. You need at least 4 cooprative palyers in separated positions to have any chance to fight with them. We killed some of these "players".

Edited by silent

Electro, Berezino, Novo, Svetlo and Cherno in this order... but beware for cheaters. Populated areas are dangerous not because of legit players but cheaters. You need at least 4 cooprative palyers in separated positions to have any chance to fight with them. We killed some of these "players".

I sent a request to the Supreme Leader for social reformation of the cheaters. Last time I saw them, they had been classified as a "Sub-Player".

The problem with that map, though, is that it is from the previous 0.50 exp build, which was the version where everyone starved to death if they tried leaving spawn areas, so I don't think it is really representative for average DayZ behaviour.

interesting I didn't know that detail, must say even though it's only my own anecdotal evidence and not empirical like the map but I was down round Cherno & Elektro for about a week there and saw much more activity than i've seen up north for the last month, as seems to be demongroovers experience as well, which would echo the map data.

Edited by Calibre

interesting I didn't know that detail, must say even though it's only my own anecdotal evidence and not empirical like the map but I was down round Cherno & Elektro for about a week there and saw much more activity than i've seen up north for the last month, as seems to be demongroovers experience as well, which would echo the map data.

Those areas (and the inbetween) have become spawns spawnpoints again, so there is definitely a lot of activity there now. And I wouldn't doubt that if they made a similar map from current stable, the most player death activity would no doubt still be on the coast (from Cherno to Svetlo), but I also suspect there would be a bit more player death activity inland than what this map shows.

Not one person killed at the far western military compound....i camped there a while to see who would come through...nada!

I'm surprised that there's so few deaths at NWAF as well.

• Like 1

Again: Previous 0.50 build set in December of Chernarus. Only a handful ever got up there, the rest starved to death. A map taken from a stable build would most likely see much more player death there and at the other military compounds.

• Like 1

I have said it before and i will say it again until my point is heard, the people will be where the spawn are, if you want people north west put some spawns north west, that would be the last thing they would need to do and then with the 50 player servers we would actually start seeing some balance on the maps as no matter where your friends are you would have a reasonable chance to get back to them within half an hour.

Yeah as stated before, its from the first 0.50 Exp build where hunger and temperature were extremely hard to come by. There are so few deaths at NWAF because barely anyone made it there before starving or freezing to death. It is fixed in the current 0.50 though, so the heatmap would look different now.

EDIT: BadAsh got me ninja'd

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

Again: Previous 0.50 build set in December of Chernarus. Only a handful ever got up there, the rest starved to death. A map taken from a stable build would most likely see much more player death there and at the other military compounds.

Oh, okay. Didn't know it was showing experimental.

Thanks Ash.  ;)

Oh shit, you just got this whole thread locked down and closed as soon as a forum admin sees it.

Don't you know you are not allowed to talk about how rampant cheating is in DayZ?

To talk about hackers outloud is the worst thing you can do on this official forum. Apparently, if you say something negative, professional people who make a living at what they do will get their feelings hurt. If only my career had such a great gig that people were not allowed to say something negative because I can't professionaly handle the criticism.

Please sign me up for BattleEye or Bohemia where no one is allowed to have a conversation in the public about where I might need to focus more.

Edited by Surefire187
  • Like 1

Yeah, if you want PvP you should be hitting up the major cities but just expect to encounter hackers.  I was watching a twitch stream the other night of some PvP in Electro and they encountered a hacker who could force them to "shoulder" their weapons if inside a certain range.  Plus he had the ESP hack as he was telling them were his team mate was at, without having to look for him.

Woe, Woe, Woe, there buddy!!!!

We must not claim to have seen any hacks. You are going to get us all warned or banned.

• Like 1

same thing happened in warZ with the removal of all hack/cheat content ....and look what happened over there ...the head developer called everyone fags ... but it would be heaps more hurtful coming from dean with his girly kiwi lispy accent .... where do you even find the death/travel maps 

Woe, Woe, Woe, there buddy!!!!

We must not claim to have seen any hacks. You are going to get us all warned or banned.

How to tell if you're account activity is moving in the wrong direction and likey to get banned soon, check your Latest Visitors Surefire187!

2gtvzte.jpg

• Like 4