Sign in to follow this  
d.walker43

Global events

Hi guys, I searched and there were only 1 or 2 threads mentioning this and they were out of date, so I thought I would bring it up again. What are the thoughts on global events? This would be events that happen across all servers, that everyone can participate in. Could have events like this on holidays, season changes, or even just random times. Could be sort of GTAish or runescapeish, with random events occurring that give some sort of reward to those who contribute. Or even have like on Christmas it be all snowy and cold out, and have some items like santa hats or something that can only be collected on those days. I know we have heli crashs and police cars and such, but I feel this could be expanded to a much bigger scale. and it would be awesome. Would give other things to do beside KOS or mountain-man it. What are you guys thoughts? keep responses relevant please, thanks.

It would be pretty cool, but im affraid that it isn't happening any time soon.

Those things require work, which is better invested in pushing the game towards beta. 

So you want DayZ to be like most MMORPGS out there now? What......

They already mentioned they will add toold to create events for privates hives to create, I doubt the official servers will start adding these as it is a survival game, not en MMORPG. So if a specific private server or mod wants to add things like this, they will be able to.
Anyhow, none of this would come any time soon.

If by "Global Events" you mean "Winter" I'm game.

• Like 1

So you want DayZ to be like most MMORPGS out there now? What......

They already mentioned they will add toold to create events for privates hives to create, I doubt the official servers will start adding these as it is a survival game, not en MMORPG. So if a specific private server or mod wants to add things like this, they will be able to.

Anyhow, none of this would come any time soon.

Not necessarily, global events are in more than just MMo's. Think about games like GTA 5, BF4, and Warframe. Not MMO's, but they include global events. Also, what does the survival factor have to do with it? Just because there is no organized government or anything does not mean that there would be absolutely nothing going on. There could be a radio station that other survivors from a different country are broadcasting (npc's, but not people you could actually find), and it could give out missions. There could be a military plane that flies in to drop supplies, and the survivors can take the supply crates for their own use. The infrastructure of the world may have fallen, but there would be scattered military remnants and other survivors that would be doing things as well. I understand that it would be near release or even after release, but still think it would be a good idea. Thanks for the thoughts.

• Like 1

I think this simply isn't in line with what the devs envision for vanilla dayz. From what I've read and seen in interviews the focus is on letting players create their own unique "events" and interactions organically within the game, with very little scripted/npc driven interaction (I think Dean isn't even a fan of random car/heli spawns). However as this kind of thing is obviously something you want, I think that once modding is introduced there is a high chance you will come across something to your liking (or if you're really keen, you can make it yourself :) ) . 

Edited by Hoik

Yep, Hoik is right, events are not happening.

OP, did you even bother reading those last threads? I am fairly sure that was said in them, which is why they die.

Hicks recently made an intreasting tweet about giving the ability to modders making their own dynamic events.

However,theese kind of events are likely to be in the juristriction of the individual server owner,so they will not be global across all servers.

Intreasting tid bit of info - When completed, the dynamic event system will allow modders to create their own custom events to be triggered.

— Brian Hicks (@Hicks_206) October 8, 2014

Not necessarily, global events are in more than just MMo's. Think about games like GTA 5, BF4, and Warframe. Not MMO's, but they include global events. Also, what does the survival factor have to do with it? Just because there is no organized government or anything does not mean that there would be absolutely nothing going on. There could be a radio station that other survivors from a different country are broadcasting (npc's, but not people you could actually find), and it could give out missions. There could be a military plane that flies in to drop supplies, and the survivors can take the supply crates for their own use. The infrastructure of the world may have fallen, but there would be scattered military remnants and other survivors that would be doing things as well. I understand that it would be near release or even after release, but still think it would be a good idea. Thanks for the thoughts.

I get your point, I may have confused what you meant. Those ideas are amazing and things like that would be a huge game changer for DayZ. I know many other games have Holiday specials, but those are not simulation games. Anyhow, what I though you meant was for example for Christmas just randomly start spawning christmas hats lol.

Sorry for the misunderstanding ;)

Seems kinda strange to mee.. I just wanna play DayZ.. stuff like this should be customized from hive to hive atleast