svisketyggeren

I wanna eat u

We should be able to eat the players we kill...seriously.

Infact eating players, fishing and hunting animals should be 60% of the available food in the game. 30% should be pickables...and 10% should be cans of beans....or something like that.

Or maybe 5% canfood, 65% player, animal and fish...

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 2

Why?

There is more than enough food to go around. This isn't even including the food that should logically be available, in the form of crops and foraged plants. 

Also, animals should provide more meat.

If you do some research, almost all of the recorded instances of cannibalism (that weren't due to mental illness or drug use) occurred during the winter, when there wasn't other sources of food available. We aren't at that point yet.

Not even including the fact that eating someone should have a serious effect on your mental health. 

• Like 3

That's pretty sick because research indicates that men who are interested in eating others are normally sexually driven to do so in one way or another.   That's why serial killers  are the most commonly known people to do it.

We have plenty of food in the game so why are you so interested in eating other men?  LOL

Why?

There is more than enough food to go around. This isn't even including the food that should logically be available, in the form of crops and foraged plants. 

Also, animals should provide more meat.

If you do some research, almost all of the recorded instances of cannibalism (that weren't due to mental illness or drug use) occurred during the winter, when there wasn't other sources of food available. We aren't at that point yet.

Not even including the fact that eating someone should have a serious effect on your mental health. 

There will always be enough food to go around in dayz...im saying out of the 100% we have, eating humans should count for some of the food u can find. That means less beans in the game for instance.

We dont need to talk about whats logically available food ingame....there is a certain amount of food available, humans should be a part of that.

Why??

Because it adds to the atmosphere they are trying to create in the first place. Its a horror game!

Its not relevant if cannibalism has historically occured during the winter in the real world. A zombie apocalypse hasnt happend in the real world....so I dont see the relevance here.

I wish we could wound a player...and eat them while they where still alive. Like in the mod when u saw the zombie eating u just before u died

There will always be enough food to go around in dayz...im saying out of the 100% we have, eating humans should count for some of the food u can find. That means less beans in the game for instance.

We dont need to talk about whats logically available food ingame....there is a certain amount of food available, humans should be a part of that.

Why??

Because it adds to the atmosphere they are trying to create in the first place. Its a horror game!

Its not relevant if cannibalism has historically occured during the winter in the real world. A zombie apocalypse hasnt happend in the real world....so I dont see the relevance here.

You didn't really answer my question, except for BECAUZZZZZEE!!!!111!!!!

In real life, in almost all recorded instances of "cannibalism for survival", it was the last resort. In more modern times, the survivors that took part in cannibalism volunteered for therapy because of it.

Cannibalism is bad for you, the "prey" is most certainly going to fight back (more effectively than a deer or a rabbit. Last I checked, they couldn't shoot back), and ultimately, it isn't necessary.

So, again, WHY?

You didn't really answer my question, except for BECAUZZZZZEE!!!!111!!!!

In real life, in almost all recorded instances of "cannibalism for survival", it was the last resort. In more modern times, the survivors that took part in cannibalism volunteered for therapy because of it.

Cannibalism is bad for you, the "prey" is most certainly going to fight back (more effectively than a deer or a rabbit. Last I checked, they couldn't shoot back), and ultimately, it isn't necessary.

So, again, WHY?

I already said why....Because it adds to the atmosphere they are trying to create in the first place. Its a horror game!

It makes the game brutal and extreme. If food is scarce it would add alot of tension to the game when players have the option to kill and eat another player. Maybe u really dont want to eat another player, but have to cos ull die of starvation if not.

• Like 1

starve to death, or eat the guy you just met?

thumbs up

• Like 2

We should definitely have the option to eat other survivors. It should be a last resort thing to prevent yourself from starving to death.

But it should also pose the risk of contracting Kuru as freethink said.

To those who are saying there's already enough food availble: This is only temporary. Once the game is closer to beta, food is going to be much harder to obtain.

Therefore, cannibalism is very practical.

• Like 3

starve to death, or eat the guy you just met?

thumbs up

This is it....this would differensiate Dayz from all the other zombie games out there. Its extreme...but entirely realistic

I already said why....Because it adds to the atmosphere they are trying to create in the first place. Its a horror game!

It makes the game brutal and extreme. If food is scarce it would add alot of tension to the game when players have the option to kill and eat another player. Maybe u really dont want to eat another player, but have to cos ull die of starvation if not.

BUT. FOOD. ISN'T. SCARCE.

Do you see how many farms there are in Chernarus? How many garden plots? How many orchards? Do you know how much food is available in the wilderness? How many animals are available to hunt?

Food is "scarce" (HAHAHA no it isn't. Even without including canned food, there are plenty of animals and vegetables to eat) right now because the Devs haven't implemented horticulture, nor can you pick the vegetables growing in gardens, nor can you forage for nuts and other plants in the wilderness. 

It is Autumn, AKA, when almost all of the plants and trees are ready to harvest/putting out seeds. Potatoes, corn, beans, pumpkins/squash, acorns, hazelnuts, lilypad tubers, etc ARE ALL READY FOR THE PICKING. Animals are out and about breeding, and are very active, AKA TIME TO HUNT THEM.

All of these things are either already in, or planned to be implemented. Cannibalism.will.not.be.necessary.

We should definitely have the option to eat other survivors. It should be a last resort thing to prevent yourself from starving to death.

But it should also pose the risk of contracting Kuru as freethink said.

To those who are saying there's already enough food availble: This is only temporary. Once the game is closer to beta, food is going to be much harder to obtain.

Therefore, cannibalism is very practical.

How so? Is the timeline being advanced? Pushed to winter?

If not, then literally all of the points I bring up above are valid.

Canned food might run out, but rabbits, acorns, and other wild foragables will not.

It seems more and more the Devs have little to no idea of what is actually possible with Wilderness Survival training. Did you know that worms (and many other insects, for that matter) are actually really good for you, a great source of food in a WS situation? IN-game they are used as a form of torture/execution, because they make you sick. What.

nope

food is food.

• Like 1

BUT. FOOD. ISN'T. SCARCE.

Do you see how many farms there are in Chernarus? How many garden plots? How many orchards? Do you know how much food is available in the wilderness? How many animals are available to hunt?

Food is "scarce" (HAHAHA no it isn't. Even without including canned food, there are plenty of animals and vegetables to eat) right now because the Devs haven't implemented horticulture, nor can you pick the vegetables growing in gardens, nor can you forage for nuts and other plants in the wilderness. 

It is Autumn, AKA, when almost all of the plants and trees are ready to harvest/putting out seeds. Potatoes, corn, beans, pumpkins/squash, acorns, hazelnuts, lilypad tubers, etc ARE ALL READY FOR THE PICKING. Animals are out and about breeding, and are very active, AKA TIME TO HUNT THEM.

All of these things are either already in, or planned to be implemented. Cannibalism.will.not.be.necessary.

That said...u could still eat ppl.

And living of the land is not as easy as u portray it. Ive see numerous documentaries where ordinary ppl try to live of the land for a certain amount of time...they all struggle. If u wanna be nomadic its even harder.

I myself spend quite some time in the wilderness...its not like grabbing a rabbit when ur hungry, or live of berries or whatever.

Edited by svisketyggeren

No it wouldn't. Many players wouldn't search for food anymore, because they can kill and eat other survivors. Would destroy the atmosphere in my mind.

Please keep the personal insults to a minimum - they're not needed to have a discussion.

That said...u could still eat ppl.

And living of the land is not as easy as u portray it. Ive see numerous documentaries where ordinary ppl try to live of the land for a certain amount of time...they all struggle. If u wanna be nomadic its even harder.

What, and more importantly, where are these documentaries portraying? Surviving in the Taiga/Tundra is a lot different from surviving in the desert, which is a lot different from surviving in the Temperate Deciduous Forest.

I am Wilderness Survival trained, and my specialization ( you really should be specialized in this sort of thing, as Desert survival is almost non-applicable to Forest, etc etc) is Temperate Deciduous Woodland, AKA the EXACT same type of terrain as Chernarus. Take it from me: so long as it isn't winter, finding food is almost the easiest thing imaginable, so long as you can safely identify 4 different plants: Pines, Oaks, Grasses (wheat/corn is a grass, wild grass can be eaten), and cat-tail. With these 4 plants, you really don't have to worry about food. If you know more (and I do, I can safely identify almost every useful plant in my environment, and if I can't, I carry a field guide), then it is even easier.

I haven't even touched animal-based food.

Temperate Forests are the second-most hospitable environment on Earth to humankind. Food and water is readily available, shelter is accessible, or can be made easily with abundant materials, firewood/firemaking supplies are everywhere, and (again, so long as it isn't winter), the environment is almost gentle in comparison to other environments.

So, yes, you could still eat people. What I am saying is; why would you want to? There are other, more easily accessible sources of food available, ones that won't fight back.

• Like 3

This and being able to poop in game seem like no brainers. I can technically eat paper, clothing, bullets, etc, there's even TV shows that chronicle people like that. Let's add that too. I'd like to be able to chop my own arm off and eat it. And I should be able to drink my own pee.

Or maybe those ideas are a bit silly. I just want bicycles!

• Like 2

What, and more importantly, where are these documentaries portraying? Surviving in the Taiga/Tundra is a lot different from surviving in the desert, which is a lot different from surviving in the Temperate Deciduous Forest.

I am Wilderness Survival trained, and my specialization ( you really should be specialized in this sort of thing, as Desert survival is almost non-applicable to Forest, etc etc) is Temperate Deciduous Woodland, AKA the EXACT same type of terrain as Chernarus. Take it from me: so long as it isn't winter, finding food is almost the easiest thing imaginable, so long as you can safely identify 4 different plants: Pines, Oaks, Grasses (wheat/corn is a grass, wild grass can be eaten), and cat-tail. With these 4 plants, you really don't have to worry about food. If you know more (and I do, I can safely identify almost every useful plant in my environment, and if I can't, I carry a field guide), then it is even easier.

I haven't even touched animal-based food.

Temperate Forests are the second-most hospitable environment on Earth to humankind. Food and water is readily available, shelter is accessible, or can be made easily with abundant materials, firewood/firemaking supplies are everywhere, and (again, so long as it isn't winter), the environment is almost gentle in comparison to other environments.

So, yes, you could still eat people. What I am saying is; why would you want to? There are other, more easily accessible sources of food available, ones that won't fight back.

Well sure, u could survive in dayz that way if u know what u know. But most dayz players dont know that stuff. Most ppl I know would panic if they had been left alone in the wild and struggle to survive. Thats a fact.

And the argument "we dont need it because u could survive on other ways" is not really relevant. We dont need guns either....and alot of stuff thats in the game already. But we still have those things cos it adds to the layers to the game. Like I said to u earlier.

Well sure, u could survive in dayz that way if u know what u know. But most dayz players dont know that stuff. Most ppl I know would panic if they had been left alone in the wild and struggle to survive. Thats a fact.

And the argument "we dont need it because u could survive on other ways" is not really relevant. We dont need guns either....and alot of stuff thats in the game already. But we still have those things cos it adds to the layers to the game. Like I said to u earlier.

Incorrect: you need the firearms to protect yourself, both from the infected and from the bandits, and to hunt. Run around in Day Z (without abusing the broken zombie AI/pathfinding) without a ranged weapon and see how long you survive. 

Think of it this way: Are you going to work out a way to trap a rabbit, or try and find someone to kill to eat them? Someone who is going to be screaming at you to stop? Which has the greater gain vs energy expended ratio? Sure, one rabbit will not provide all that much energy by itself, but it is relatively easy to make 12 traps and, if you are lucky, trap 12 rabbits without lifting a finger. And, those traps can be reused. Versus finding, chasing, and fighting a human, one that wants to live just as much as you. Where are you more likely to get injured? What if he has friends that come and kill you back?

Or, are you going to sit down in a potato plot and dig up enough food for a week?

Really, "wild" food sources "should" be an afterthought, because of how many cultivated plants there are to be found, even in one small town. Any idiot can pick plants out of a garden, and most houses have a small garden in Day Z, even in the cities. 

Incorrect: you need the firearms to protect yourself, both from the infected and from the bandits, and to hunt. Run around in Day Z (without abusing the broken zombie AI/pathfinding) without a ranged weapon and see how long you survive. 

Think of it this way: Are you going to work out a way to trap a rabbit, or try and find someone to kill to eat them? Someone who is going to be screaming at you to stop? Which has the greater gain vs energy expended ratio? Sure, one rabbit will not provide all that much energy by itself, but it is relatively easy to make 12 traps and, if you are lucky, trap 12 rabbits without lifting a finger. And, those traps can be reused. Versus finding, chasing, and fighting a human, one that wants to live just as much as you. Where are you more likely to get injured? What if he has friends that come and kill you back?

Or, are you going to sit down in a potato plot and dig up enough food for a week?

Really, "wild" food sources "should" be an afterthought, because of how many cultivated plants there are to be found, even in one small town. Any idiot can pick plants out of a garden, and most houses have a small garden in Day Z, even in the cities. 

Ur argument that we dont need cannibalism because u can survive in other ways is still not valid in any way. And again...u could make the same argument for guns. We dont need guns in Dayz cos u could defend urself with other weapons like axes...silly rhetoric if u ask me.

Cannibalism adds a new layer of survival to Dayz, just as fishing, hunting and scavaging does. Acording to ur arguments I could say we need to remove fishing in Dayz because we could just hunt animals instead. Do u not see sillyness in that argument? Ofc we want fishing in the game, along with other cool features that collectively adds to the survival aspect of Dayz.

At best ur argument is just a personal preference...not a objectively based argument that clearly says that cannibalism should not be in Dayz. Objectively cannibalism is totally realistic. It adds another layer of survival to the game...and adds uniqueness too.

If u dont like it...dont eat ppl then

...but I would eat u..

And lol, u dont need a ranged weapon to survive in dayz...u need ranged weapons because other players have it too. I only use the axe/blunt weapon to deal with zombies.

Edited by svisketyggeren

Don't they got no frogs in Cherno ?
I think there should be frogs,,,and snails too.
Eating people is against the law you know, you'd better watch out for the Eating People Police, they'd lock you away in the jail that's being built.

• Like 3

I think folks want stuff like eating people just so they can make videos of it. 1 vs. 2 sniping cannibal brah watch as I camp a hill for 2 hours then eat the bambi's face. just like shitting in the game it'll be nothing but Cleveland steamers on youtube 24/7. I do see a point of adding it if like the post above said they add harsh winter elements like animal hibernate food is non-existent but it should also come with factors of disease since it would be cold and there are no medical doctors we should be dying of the common cold or the flu. as for shitting in game well theres a discussion on that so I won't derail this thread with that. I'm sure cannibalism will eventually show its face along with suicide its just gonna be from mods or the devs maybe late in development. 

• Like 1