leviathanapsu

Common items you've never seen.

I haven't heard anything about the police car spawns.  I've seen the ones that are always there (vavilovo and zeleno) but none of the random ones.  What did you mean if you don't mind me asking.  

Also about heli running.  Since .49 I did a few rounds, had only really been checking for smoke but what you are saying now is I ned to get close enough to see the other type of chopper.  That's rough it takes a long time to make a whole round for just 3/49 chance :(.  Did they expand the loot to spawn at both types of choppers then?  Because I've found 4 of the smoking choppers, Uh variation?, and found attachments and ammo but no M4.  Am I S o L if I find the other Mi8 variant then I have no chance at an m4 gun?

There was an idea (which sort of goes back to ? 0.47) that the car and heli spawns ran together somehow, but there was no definitive verdict on that.

The best things I've found at an Mi-8 spawn are a UK assault vest and a Blackskull balaclava. Perhaps others' experience varies, but from my POV they're simply not worth bothering with, and if I see one it's just a cause for depression, as it means my chances of finding a UH60 site have just been seriously reduced. By definition, you just won't find M4s or anything associated with them at an Mi-8 spawn.

Personally, I'd much rather they either took the Mi-8s out altogether (as their theoretical loot mostly spawns in general military anyway), or at least buffed them a bit. The fact that they're half buried in the Chernarus tundra doesn't help matters much either....

If you are ruthlessly determined on your UH60 spawn run, you will find an M4. I've found three since 0.49.

Chickens !!! i have not seen one and i have been looking for many many hours ( didnt even believe they were in till someone showed evidence lol) i have seen 1 rabbit since they became a lootable animal ( due to they make one hell of alot of sound while moving.)

I like to hunt in real life and thus in game i have shot every animal in game currently (minus the chicken)and even though chickens are hardly a worthy prey they have been the hardest thing i have ever hunted ( in real or in game lol ) my unicorn the elusive chicken....(over 100 hours spent looking for them and still hunting)

Edited by SoulFirez

I have read postings every so often where someone talks about something being suddenly rare. Often, they are talking about an item I have run across frequently. I suspect the law of averages is being cruel to us. Some of the infrequent ones for me lately have been rope and hacksaws, that I used to find constantly.

Some things, however, I have never once seen anywhere. The two that come to mind are both animals. Hundreds of hours into the game and I haven't come across a single chicken or rabbit. Someone said rabbits generate from our side, so only you see the rabbit you are aiming at and others don't until you hit it. Not sure if that is true, but I often wonder why I haven't run across these yet. Then again, I have seen several goats where others thought they were a myth.

I am also fairly certain I saw a bull, but failed to get a screenshot since my mind was on other things. Thought it was just another cow at first until the lack of others and extra equipment were noticed. I didn't have ammo at the time, so just went on my way. Looking at the DayZ wiki, I don't see anything about them being put into the game yet.

Anyway, what sort of things do you hear about constantly, but have never seen? What have you run across frequently that everyone else thinks are rare?

I have never seen a chicken, rabbit, or goat. I have seen 1 cow, 2 boars. I saw 3 elks/deer, all of which were found within a 10 minute time frame very close to each other. I also have yet to find a single tent.

Back in the beginning of the SA we use to be able to find 1 use only green bandages like the ones in the mod. They were gone for a while and then came back not too long ago in 0.47/0.48, but since 0.49 I haven't been able to one.

These bandages.

108ixpf.jpg

I've never spotted a chicken nor a rabbit.

The only item I haven't seen is a RAK magazine.

I have a couple pics of Bull's from game play over the weekend.  Will post later.

Well, here my bucket list, after 1,000+ hours of playing:

1. Tents-None found 

2. Flash bangs- One looted from a kill.  Then I was killed, so never had the chance to used it.

3. Grenades- Found one, stole one from a kill.  The first attempt to use it was yesterday....at the NWA. Tried to throw it thru a really tiny window at the ATC.  Ran and booom...killed myself  LOL

4. Chickens- These are an Urban Leyend.  They just dont exist. Period.

5. Smersh system.  Another urban leyend.  The smersh back pack: pretty common.

6. The "green bandages".....Gone

7. The green buck shots for the shotgun- Gone

8. Bulls- Urban Leyend

9. Press Vests: have found 2...ever...so they are rare.

10. MP5 magazines: have found only one....

• Like 1

Blood test kit.  - I've only found 2 of these, ever

not much magic to finding these, just keep searching hospitals.

i've never seen a makarov. like wtf?

These spawn regularly in the Green 2-story houses. When you enter front, on the right there's a cabinet, and to the left of that is a small bench, where maybe 50% of the time one will be.

Press vest, stab vest, chicken, goats, rabbits, tents. So a lot of stuff.

I haven't even seen a can opener since .49, despite the fact that they should be common as hell. I own like, three in my kitchen in various drawers.

Blood test kit.  - I've only found 2 of these, ever

These spawn regularly in the Green 2-story houses. When you enter front, on the right there's a cabinet, and to the left of that is a small bench, where maybe 50% of the time one will be.

huh, thanks for the tip man.

hadnt seen kitchen knives or can openers or magazines for lots of things at all. But am seeing them in the last day or so.

Strange that some people say that they can easily find an mp5. I've found one back in 0.47 and a mag on another character and saw people use it, but since 0.48 I haven't seen one, haven't seen anyone use one or found or killed anyone using it. M4's seems like a lot of poeple have but not the mp5k.

Rak and smersh vest seems to exist only on paper. I have never found a press vest or tent either but seen people with these items. Found a stab vest on the boat wreck. long ago.

Have chased a lot of rabbits but they seem unkillable. Never seen a chicken.

Can openers, kitchen knifes and makarov are quite common.

As promised... Bull's! Also, Gorka E Military Helmet and for good measure a shot of the party pit.

V5DDjDR.jpg

i55wmGp.jpg

Neegop6.jpg

5gu9tZR.jpg

Just need some pristine hoe's, lap dances for cans of beans?  I dunno...

8qPbsRa.jpg

SuperDuty, you wouldn't happen to be slowly cooling off would you?

Well, yes in deed, after what that bull did to me...horny bastard.

SuperDuty, you wouldn't happen to be slowly cooling off would you?

I just realized this thread title can be misleading!  "Common" items you've "never" seen.  So to keep in tune with the ambiguous title I will respond to the other meaning that can be derived from it.

"Common" items that I "never" see:

Pitchforks, I never run across these!!!!

Yellow raincoats,  out of style i guess

Black Boonie hats.  COME ON MAN I NEED TO MAKE MY BLACKOUT OUTFIT

Before .49 I found revolver auto loaders everywhere.  Now I can't find any.

Funny, pitchforks all over the place for me... Green rain coat, yes, yellow, no.  I did find a .357 loader on top of one of those armoire's you see everywhere but for some reason I could not take it.  Empty inventory slot and all, and I tried for a while...

Edited by Super_Duty

I have a yellow raincoat inside an orange raincoat inside my green raincoat that I'm wearing. Dunno why since I will most likely get killed before giving them away..

For those who've said chickens, here's where I finally found them today:

dddnag.jpg

Even cooked them up, real tasty:

29gbog6.jpg

I seem to always find the Press Vest inside the Electro train station/small building.It suprises me EVERYTIME i mean who just leaves that there?!Atleast 4-5 times now and its always been in that building.have yet to see an MP5 though.

Edited by mrSnaku

Found a my first lornhorn the other day, thats with 500+ hrs. Never fired it and dropped it soon after in favor of a mosin. 

• Like 1

it's 3 days i'm not finding an Hacksaw!

3 fu..ing days I'm not finding an Hacksaw on Elektro.

Loot percentage of some tools must be increased.

I don't know why sometime i'm finding Firefigher axes above some cars and in good status! <_<