leviathanapsu

Common items you've never seen.

FNX45, haven't found one that legitimately spawned since .47.

Never found a press vest (see above), stab vest.

Me and a buddy killed a guy (Rambo mofo) at the east side barracks at the NWAF and he had all kinds of awesome gear. He had a press vest, seven other vests, an FNX45, multiple pistols, a grenade, etc.

That was after the wipe so apparently the FNX still spawns, albeit very rarely I imagine. Same goes for the press vest. I didn't take it anyway, I'm not a freaking reporter.

Smersh vest (I don't think they really exist).

Edited by Schweinsteiger

The only thing I never found was a Rak.

A lot of people seem to be looking for press vest, they only spawn at train stations. I've found about 10 of them during the past 9 months.

Tents - spawn in the tall apartments surrounding Cherno

Chickens - only place is Msta (sp? - SW near Three Valleys)

FNX45 and M4 - helicopter crash sites

Rabbits - seen three in game, last one was being chased by two zombies, they are very difficult to spot

Grenades - found in the military barracks (the ones with showers and 4 rooms)

Press Vest - never seen one

Stab vest - found one when I first started playing a couple of months ago in a police station, but haven't seen one since

MP5 - found one mag and the gun once on seperate characters months ago, haven't seen one since

AK101 and AKM - again, these only spawn in military barracks

Attachments to the AK series - found a rail hand guard and folding stock in military barracks just recently, found a bipod in the ATC

Combat knife - heli crash sites

SMERSH vest and RAK - only spawn in Mi8 heli crash sites. They have now been included in the three random heli spawns so harder to find (there used to be 3 static sites and three random Blackhawk...)

Skull ski mask - heli crash sites I have heard, never found one though

FNX45, haven't found one that legitimately spawned since .47.

Never found a press vest (see above), stab vest.

Me and a buddy killed a guy (Rambo mofo) at the east side barracks at the NWAF and he had all kinds of awesome gear. He had a press vest, seven other vests, an FNX45, multiple pistols, a grenade, etc.

That was after the wipe so apparently the FNX still spawns, albeit very rarely I imagine. Same goes for the press vest. I didn't take it anyway, I'm not a freaking reporter.

Smersh vest (I don't think they really exist).

The FNX only spawns at UH-60 heli crash sites. You can find the mags in a lot of places though.(police stations, barracks, jail houses, construction sites, etc.) The gun itself spawns only where the M4 and Amphibia S .22 spawns.

• Like 1

Guys i killed a guy with a smersh vest, with a smersh backpack attached to the vest, is the vest rare? I was streaming at the time and my viewers were all like "OMG THATS THE RAREST ITEM INGAME!!"

were they correct or not?

• Like 1

Yeah i have to agree with Grundlesmuggler above me.. Silencers? Does silencers even exist? I mean except the mosin compensator?? I would love to get some fact on that one. Thx in advance! =]

The MP5K can be easily found.

Not in my experience, and I have been actively looking for one of those since it was introduced.

I admit I haven't been looking for the AK101 or RAK, and I don't really care too much about not having found those two either.

• Like 1

Yeah i have to agree with Grundlesmuggler above me.. Silencers? Does silencers even exist? I mean except the mosin compensator?? I would love to get some fact on that one. Thx in advance! =]

I have found pistol and m4 silencers, they don't actually do anything, but they do make your gun look longer, if that is somehow your thing.

I honestly forgot the RAK was in the game until everyone here mentioned it..

Guys i killed a guy with a smersh vest, with a smersh backpack attached to the vest, is the vest rare? I was streaming at the time and my viewers were all like "OMG THATS THE RAREST ITEM INGAME!!"

I found a SMERSH backpack in the office building of Elektro in exp today. I have not found the vest, and I actually ditched the SMERSH backpack soon after, as I found a Talon close to the supermarket.

Can openers (I've found one and only one in 0.49. It was badly damaged, but is still going strong thanks very much)

Bipods (just never seen one in 0.49)

AKs (despite a ton of barracks looting, I've seen neither variant).

PU scopes (again, only seen one in 0.49)

300 round boxes (found one. lost it to a kiddie KoSer)

Things I've seen but that other people apparently think are rare:

Makarovs (my first sidearm in 0.49)

FNX45 (currently have two, tossed Makarov for this)

M4 (I briefly ran with two before a server restart robbed me of my spare)

Combat knives (have seen several, kept the pristine one).

The backpacks show up rarely in a number of places, but the vest itself only has three potential spawn points on the entire map. The odds of spawning in any one of those is very low. I am going to agree that it is probably the single rarest item on the game to find a vest /and/ the backpack to attach to it.

I found a SMERSH backpack in the office building of Elektro in exp today. I have not found the vest, and I actually ditched the SMERSH backpack soon after, as I found a Talon close to the supermarket.

The backpack is a relatively common barracks item.

These are things I've either never seen or seem to have trouble finding.

• Tent. - none found yet
  • Chicken. - none found yet
  • Pig. - none found yet (don't kill them or Shrub Rocketeer will rage!)
  • Ammo for the gun I'm currently carrying.
  • Grenade. - none found yet
  • My clothes, flashlight, or battery at the Vybor under bridge spawn. - none found yet
  • - none found yet
  • A bambi I trusted while fully geared.  none found yet, I swear I see them drooling and waiting to knock me out
  • Blood test kit.  - I've only found 2 of these, ever
  • Longhorn. - found one 3 days ago
  • Cyborz. - Apparently this is a town or something? Everyone is always asking for it. I can't find it on the map...

I've found a few blood test kits, these are scattered random and just not in hospitals. 

A rabbit, I killed one last night, skinned and cooked. It gave 4 steaks just like a deer does (doesn't make sense) The rabbit was hard to kill because it was bouncing around in the grass and I didnt have an elevated position.

Can openers.

Though only recently, or did I have a fantastic dream about them ever existing?

Combat knives, specifically ones that aren't damaged or worse...

Can openers are rare definitely, usually I am using a machete, axe or kitchen knife to open. Seen them in houses.

-snip-

Some things, however, I have never once seen anywhere. The two that come to mind are both animals. Hundreds of hours into the game and I haven't come across a single chicken or rabbit. -

I actually saw my first rabbit over the weekend, it was in Sevrograd, didn't get a clean shot at it though and did not feel like being zed bait either.  Wish I had taken a picture since it was the first one I had seen besides the fluffy ones you could not kill before hunting, again could not get a clear enough shot.  I have yet to see a chicken or a Smersh myself.

I can't find the attachments for the AK's since the last patch, no folding buttstocks or rail handguards anywhere, have not seen any bipods for a long time either.  I haven't seen the press vest or the anti stab vest for a while, I think since .48 hit.  I have found tents in both .49 and .50, just a bitch to find and the last one was on a persistence off sever so it went poof.

Did they take out the static 3 heli sites? Balota/svet/kymyra (or whatever the town is called)?  I've passed the svet one liek 4 times and the balota swamp one once since .48 and i see the debris pile but the chopper is never there.  Aren't these supposed to be there or do they dissapear after a certain time passes on server reset?

Not in my experience, and I have been actively looking for one of those since it was introduced.

I admit I haven't been looking for the AK101 or RAK, and I don't really care too much about not having found those two either.

Theres a static police car that i can normally find them at allot of times up past the Northwest airfield.

Did they take out the static 3 heli sites? Balota/svet/kymyra (or whatever the town is called)?  I've passed the svet one liek 4 times and the balota swamp one once since .48 and i see the debris pile but the chopper is never there.  Aren't these supposed to be there or do they dissapear after a certain time passes on server reset?

They replaced the static Mi-8 sites with dynamic ones. Three crashes will spawn per restart and will be a random combination of Mi-8s (which don't smoke, and are therefore hard to see) and UH60s (which do, and which are.) I think the jury's out as to whether police car spawns are included in this.

Either way, this has relegated crash site running (once a semi-respectable DayZ occupation) to the status of the almost unworkable, added to which the 'dynamic' Mi-8 loot spawns are next to useless.

Well, here my bucket list, after 1,000+ hours of playing:

1. Tents-None found 

2. Flash bangs- One looted from a kill.  Then I was killed, so never had the chance to used it.

3. Grenades- Found one, stole one from a kill.  The first attempt to use it was yesterday....at the NWA. Tried to throw it thru a really tiny window at the ATC.  Ran and booom...killed myself  LOL

4. Chickens- These are an Urban Leyend.  They just dont exist. Period.

5. Smersh system.  Another urban leyend.  The smersh back pack: pretty common.

6. The "green bandages".....Gone

7. The green buck shots for the shotgun- Gone

8. Bulls- Urban Leyend

9. Press Vests: have found 2...ever...so they are rare.

10. MP5 magazines: have found only one....

They replaced the static Mi-8 sites with dynamic ones. Three crashes will spawn per restart and will be a random combination of Mi-8s (which don't smoke, and are therefore hard to see) and UH60s (which do, and which are.) I think the jury's out as to whether police car spawns are included in this.

Either way, this has relegated crash site running (once a semi-respectable DayZ occupation) to the status of the almost unworkable, added to which the 'dynamic' Mi-8 loot spawns are next to useless.

I haven't heard anything about the police car spawns.  I've seen the ones that are always there (vavilovo and zeleno) but none of the random ones.  What did you mean if you don't mind me asking.  

Also about heli running.  Since .49 I did a few rounds, had only really been checking for smoke but what you are saying now is I ned to get close enough to see the other type of chopper.  That's rough it takes a long time to make a whole round for just 3/49 chance :(.  Did they expand the loot to spawn at both types of choppers then?  Because I've found 4 of the smoking choppers, Uh variation?, and found attachments and ammo but no M4.  Am I S o L if I find the other Mi8 variant then I have no chance at an m4 gun?

I have to imagine this is interesting feedback for the Devs. Even though the loot tables, frequency, etc aren't settled yet I've noticed a trend on balancing them out and keeping things sensible and interesting. I'm actually happy with the changes over the past 3-5 months in that regard, it also encourages more use of the map with the heli crash sites and encourages dispersal from the biggest cities and biggest army facilities - there are neat things in other niche locations that are totally worth the effort to seek out.