Sign in to follow this  
drewsta

Persistance

Hi all, I'm noticing on a lot of "persistence" servers that there is persistently nothing left of real value to loot anymore on the servers I play. I kind of like it in a way because it does feel like everybody has scavenged almost everything that was once available and we have to really look hard and get lucky to find anything at all, like a real apocalypse would be. Water is still easy to come by as is the occasional animal or tinned food etc but walk into a supermarket or other buildings and there is nothing at all when there at least used to be a part of a map or maybe some rope or even an apple that I didn't need anyway. Is it possible that survivors are now looting up everything and stashing it somewhere? I have been to military bases before and straight after restarts countless times and have found most doors open and the rooms empty except for maybe some basic ammo rounds 9mm or badly damaged jacket etc. Moving around towns in the middle of nowhere and a lot of the doors are opened and houses empty too now.

Are persistent servers exactly that, persistent, meaning that what ever happens before server restart carries on after restart? That would explain the lack of nice loot in the military areas and towns etc if so.  

If that is indeed the case, that means I should now perhaps keep a an extra eye out for camps or stashes of loot. It also begs the question, new spawns will have one heck of a time now getting hold of more precious loot as other survivors are more than likely hoarding it forcing friendships and working together eventually if they want any more than the basic items.

Edited by Drewsta

I have absolutely 0 problems finding loot.

Hell its easier to get loot now than it was last patch.

I think this persistence/ new loot spawning system is a big broken joke.

• Like 1

I have run into some servers that I was there when the server reset and when I went back in after the same items were in the same spots they were before the reset with very little new items added. I have seen far more servers with loot spawning like normal though. I believe it also could have been mainly hardcore servers I was running into those on. I can't remember as I played both a bunch today.

I have been finding more loot in the last few hours than before, but still finding I'm getting left overs because all the doors are still open on a lot of buildings which tells me either the doors don't reset or someone is not far in front doing what I'm doing.

I have been finding more loot in the last few hours than before, but still finding I'm getting left overs because all the doors are still open on a lot of buildings which tells me either the doors don't reset or someone is not far in front doing what I'm doing.

In .49 all the doors for buildings are randomized.

• Like 2

Fairly new to the game but did play Arma2 mod and what does persistence mean in this game?

Fairly new to the game but did play Arma2 mod and what does persistence mean in this game?

When something is looted, another piece of loot spawns within 2km of that location. Currently there are cites filled to the roofs with loot, because no one has looted it for days because they are all looking in the same places.

It also means that if you place a tent, or a backpack it will not disappear during server restart.

This is not the final version, but most peoples problem is they never check the inland cites and continue to look in the same place the last 200 people looked before them.

Yeah i do struggle to find loot in the main areas as i never think it's worth checking the inner cities but i guess it is now!

The normal houses never seem to have anything in them though and i do think to myself will i even make it to the inner cities, do even the smaller houses have good loot in them?

This is not the final version, but most peoples problem is they never check the inland cites and continue to look in the same place the last 200 people looked before them.

This. I've had great success going inland, often finding an SKS or a Mosin. It's really no problem.

I have found close to bugger all.  Running from inland town to inland town and still nothing.  From the usual spots to small off the beaten track towns I can't find anything.  It's incredibly frustrating to go through a town, checking every house, only to find a few backpacks, some glow sticks and duct tape.

I've started server hopping but to no joy.  Even coming back at a restart I still can't find anything and its beginning to annoy me.  I understand that this is alpha but are they not testing these things on the experimental servers before general release or is it just dump it and hope for the best?