Sign in to follow this  
anotherdeadhero

A brand new hack ?

I don't want to be that guy but i think we just experienced a brand new hack, the hack to destroy all hacks before it. 

The server is UGA united gamers alliance 2. I was minding my own business in Electro looting the back parts when i saw a group of three players outside the hospital, all of a sudden i started being hit continuously but there was no one around, arm is broken, my leg is broken and i'm constantly getting hit and i look over at the other group and the same thing is happening to them, they are all desperately rolling around like me and we are all getting constantly damage and hit until the inevatable you are dead screen pops up.

I open the start menu and notice that no one is looting me but i can't respawn, it wont even start a counter which is strange as even if a server restarts it will still count down from 30 so i leave the server and rejoin and notice there are only 2 other people on so it seems as if there is a new hack out there that is like a tactical nuke, it kills all players on the server and then restarts it.

I know people are going to say evidence and if you believe you have evidence post here ect..

But all i want to do is find out if this has happened to anyone else and if this is a new hack, i don't want to report a hack i just want to find out if there is one like this that exists or if anyone else was just on this server.

• Like 2

It could have been desync, probably not since the others were getting the same thing.

If it is a hack then it's not new either. Just a few patches back my clan and I log into a high pop in Berezeno (6 of us) a few seconds later, one of us says "Ah shit I'm being hit"

less than a second, someone else says the same "Ah fuck me too but there's no one near me"

Within seconds all 6 of us are gushing blood, I pull my AR and just start shooting fresh air, we all spit up and run for our lives, all but 1 of us got out alive.

• Like 1

Man, I had the exact same thing on uga 2 last night as I ran away from the nwaf. Invisible zombies not the other parts. I had it before ages ago on exp too. It felt kind of hacky to me but it could also be some sort of server/client lag.

I escaped just by running. If it is a hack and you can manage to get outside the network bubble you've a good chance of escaping a hacker.

There are remote kill hacks afaik and I've read about the ability to spawn zombies. Not sure on invisible ones though.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

Hacking:
If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff and it will be looked into and verified. Posting a topic will result in it being locked.

It could have been desync, probably not since the others were getting the same thing.

If it is a hack then it's not new either. Just a few patches back my clan and I log into a high pop in Berezeno (6 of us) a few seconds later, one of us says "Ah shit I'm being hit"

less than a second, someone else says the same "Ah fuck me too but there's no one near me"

Within seconds all 6 of us are gushing blood, I pull my AR and just start shooting fresh air, we all spit up and run for our lives, all but 1 of us got out alive.

It sounds kind of like this tbh, the one thing that was odd is that the server reset. It could be that the admin got the issue and immediately reset the server but it was pretty odd i have to admit, oh well it teaches me a lesson for venturing off of experimental.

Also unfavorite uga 2 as it seems a lot of odd things go on on that server and i can't believe that ALL of it is not related to the admins in some way.

Just got killed by a hacker who clipped through the walls like it was good ol doom

God that hack is so 2013 man, get with the program. Seriously though i got killed by a wall clipping hacker on the 75 man server as well, was in the church with vector bunny at the time as well, damn shame.

thanks for the warning.

if this happens to me i'm going to try and just mag dump all around me and then swing a weapon around

who knows, maybe they're just invisible

It sounds kind of like this tbh, the one thing that was odd is that the server reset. It could be that the admin got the issue and immediately reset the server but it was pretty odd i have to admit, oh well it teaches me a lesson for venturing off of experimental.

Also unfavorite uga 2 as it seems a lot of odd things go on on that server and i can't believe that ALL of it is not related to the admins in some way.

Happened to me after I killed a guy in the nwaf. I did joke to my friend that maybe it was the admin hacking. I honestly doubt it though. I doubt they'd run two popular servers (both in my favourites) if they abused their position like that. It's either some issue with the server or a hacker and both appear more often on busy servers than on empty ones. It's not the first time invisible zombies have happened to players e.g. http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=12755 (version 0.45) If you go into the tracker you can read through lots of reports

It looks like the invisible zombie problem is on the rise after the 0.48 push to stable branch, so still, if anyone would be able to upload some kind of repro steps along with a video that shows the bug on the latest version, it would be a great help for the devs. In the meantime we'll work on reproducing the issue on our end as well.

Thanks in advance guys,

JStewart -(Bohemia Interactive - administrator)

Hacking:

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff and it will be looked into and verified. Posting a topic will result in it being locked.

nobody likes a backseat mod

nobody

not even the mods

Edited by Smokey420
  • Like 1

nobody likes a backseat mod

nobody

not even the mods

I'm a Mod.

And I'm here to lock this thread.

If you have evidence of a hack, please report it to one of the forum staff immediately. Otherwise, please do not create a topic explaining your stories on how you were a victim of hacking/witnessed a hack in action. We've had this thread multiple times before.

[Locked]

• Like 3