SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

I'm really sad about locked doors resetting after every server restart, I just wanna establish myself !! As soon as locks stay past restart I will be happy and won't need a vehicle or doggy companion for a while (if ever) cuz I got the perfect spot ... Secret of course .... Complete with 4 gardens, an upstairs level , 1 half bedroom and one outhouse :) also a lake nearby and a nice neighborhood surrounding . Maybe I'll start Dayz real estate ; selling protected properties for currency , I.e matches , fire axes , bullets, guns , food and water especially ... :) . Idea trademarked please ?

*Goes off to search the map for this location* :p

Let's not go picking any fights -- you are in the minority, after all. Never, ever make assumptions about people's choices.

3rd person servers, because everyone should be able to peek over walls without exposing themselves

• Like 3

3rd person servers, because everyone should be able to peek over walls without exposing themselves

Keep poking. See where it gets you. You're provoking an argument that leads nowhere and likely ends with you getting the boot.

• Like 3

Found a pack of 38 Tomato Seeds

Fed Chernarus for the rest of its existence.

• Like 3

Are the random timeouts still happening? I went back to stable because I was able to only play 10 - 20 min because connection to the server was always lost after that time. These could not have been restarts because it happened to me 6 servers in a row. Unless it was apart of a huge conspiracy O_O *puts on tinfoil hat*

• Like 1

Are the random timeouts still happening? I went back to stable because I was able to only play 10 - 20 min because connection to the server was always lost after that time. These could not have been restarts because it happened to me 6 servers in a row. Unless it was apart of a huge conspiracy O_O *puts on tinfoil hat*

I actually have proof that it's all a conspiracy against you. I'm not going to give you that proof but I do have it.

KEEP THE HAT ON! IT'S ESSENTIAL!

• Like 2

^ he's only telling you that to sell more tin foil... (we all know how quickly tin foil hat's become ruined)... its rabbits feet you need! Rabbit feet, come and get your rabbit feet!

• Like 3

^ he's only telling you that to sell more tin foil... (we all know how quickly tin foil hat's become ruined)... its rabbits feet you need! Rabbit feet, come and get your rabbit feet!

Could I have one with the Bunny still attached? :D

It's been surprisingly stable today, although some resets have occurred. I don't think that the sore feet have any consequences yet - as for the "sick" status that was mentioned earlier, it's either that I'm wrong about the feetsies being sore having no effect - or did they add a minimal chance of water or being cold making you sick?

I'd like to propose that blowtorches, lighters and flamethrowers all be added in, and soon! Matches are starting to be hard to come by. I mean really hard to come by :(

Edited by Demonica

Puh-lease. Everyone knows about the rabbit foot lobby. You're just a shill. Tin foil hats are tried and true. They are backed by SCIENCE.

Might I suggest ALCAN as the source of your hat material, Dafix. Very high quality, you won't regret it.

Keep poking. See where it gets you. You're provoking an argument that leads nowhere and likely ends with you getting the boot.

I'm not provoking an argument, I've made a single very valid point, as I'm entitled to do.

I'm not provoking an argument, I've made a single very valid point, as I'm entitled to do.

Actually, you're not entitled to anything here. You have a certain set of privileges, and if the mods think you are abusing them, those privileges will be revoked. Trying to start a silly 1st vs 3rd debate in a thread dedicated to the discussion of new features in the experimental branch is probably not counted among your privileges.

• Like 9

Puh-lease. Everyone knows about the rabbit foot lobby. You're just a shill. Tin foil hats are tried and true. They are backed by SCIENCE.

Might I suggest ALCAN as the source of your hat material, Dafix. Very high quality, you won't regret it.

googled ALCAN and its been linked to cancer of the forehead - children have foreheads, so therefore think of the children... brought to you by LuckyFoot - we're backed by killing something and putting it around your neck...(that's our slogan :P ).

Edited by Hoik
  • Like 1

has anyone seen any bears? are bears in this patch?

also, are the atlas bipods spawning again?

Edited by Helix2000

Oh, you kids and your entitlement. :lol:

has anyone seen any bears? are bears in this patch?

I don't believe so. They will make big headlines when they do, believe me.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Saw something similar posted on Reddit, but I thought I'd share a picture of my own. The grass wrap for the Mosin has been updated! It's much more camouflage now.

fSwtfuZ.jpg

• Like 7

It looks better - though If I was making it for reals, I think I would cut holes in the sacking to let more of the bushy material through, making the sacking less visible and the overall camouflage more effective (and maybe secure it at the ends with some cable ties or some wire :) ).

Edited by Hoik
  • Like 1

I starved today because even though I was surrounded by dozens of apple trees and berry bushes, I apparently wasn't able to take them off the trees and put them in my mouth like any sane human being would do in that situation. I sat there for ages finding a few berries every seventh attempt, or finding an apple every seventh attempt, and half of those were rotten and unusable. 

Because...well, I have no idea what Bohemia was going for here with that game design decision. 

Also, it takes my character a multiple attempts to pick up a fucking stick in the middle of the woods. 

I starved today because even though I was surrounded by dozens of apple trees and berry bushes, I apparently wasn't able to take them off the trees and put them in my mouth like any sane human being would do in that situation. I sat there for ages finding a few berries every seventh attempt, or finding an apple every seventh attempt, and half of those were rotten and unusable. 

Because...well, I have no idea what Bohemia was going for here with that game design decision. 

Also, it takes my character a multiple attempts to pick up a fucking stick in the middle of the woods. 

Yeah, it's a useless feature at this point. There is literally NOTHING to gain from trying to eat from bushes or trees. You burn more calories in the time it takes to find something than what you get when you finally do.

I heard, during the dev stream, that that system will be replaced with one where the trees will essentially be containers, with slots that can have apples in them (this is what I understood anyway).

Edited by Hoik

Yeah, it's a useless feature at this point. There is literally NOTHING to gain from trying to eat from bushes or trees. You burn more calories in the time it takes to find something than what you get when you finally do.

berries and apples give ~70 ccal. so you can eat them in emergency situations since they let you stay alive for~3-5 min longer. But i personally only pick berries, because they are always ready to eat. (while every second apple is rotten)

berries and apples give ~70 ccal. so you can eat them in emergency situations since they let you stay alive for~3-5 min longer. But i personally only pick berries, because they are always ready to eat. (while every second apple is rotten)

That really depends. If you're already starving, you will loose health until you ate enough to leave the status. So if your character is already dying from hunger, apples are rather useless since they dont have enough calories to bring you back into orange hunger.

That really depends. If you're already starving, you will loose health until you ate enough to leave the status. So if your character is already dying from hunger, apples are rather useless since they dont have enough calories to bring you back into orange hunger.

Like i said, in emergency situations. Once i jogged from elektro to novi sobor, with apples as the only source of food. took me a while because i had to stop every km or so, then eat 3-4 apples and so on. When this happened i did not make use of the berry bushes because i was in a hurry and didn't know about edible/nonedible berries enough. :)

Are Deerstands not spawning loot anymore on this build or am I just really unlucky?

Are Deerstands not spawning loot anymore on this build or am I just really unlucky?

I don't think they are :/ ... Maybe just chem lights but me and two friends scoured the northwest area for heli crashes last night and found about 5 deer stands on the way with nothing in them :( !

This is entirely untrue. Oftentimes food is so prevalent that foraging isn't a dominant strategy but it's not true that you're burning faster than you're foraging unless you're sprinting in between trees between search attempts. Staying still your calorie burn is very small. The only time when foraging is actually a bad idea is when you are cold and freezing and don't have the capacity to warm yourself. I have stayed  I've kept myself from starvation at times when others were whining about starving to death simply due to a strategic use of foraging. Berries are usually the better choice for reasons given above but if you happen to be in an area where you can't immediately find fresh water, eating an apple or two can be useful for hydration.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 4